Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mini-Boss Idea] Derf Anyo, Son Of Nef [The Immortal Megathread]

Derf Anyo, son of Nef. Enthusiast of Tenno Culture.

tutxfu_1.jpg

Basic Mechanics:

Derf is a miniboss that appears much like the Stalker. Like the stalker, Derf can't be killed. Instead, he faceplants hard and then despawns using Ash's smokebomb.
- Spawns in using the same ceiling panel method that players use, except faceplants on landing
- semi-comedic relief that appears on Corpus maps
- continually seeks out players to learn more about GLORIOUS TENNO and test his skills
- uses limited edition reproduction Skana brand Dual Skanas
- Levels up with each encounter with the targeted player (he can become a legit threat after so many encounters)
- Think Young Revolver Ocelot + Street Fighter's Dan + Johnny Sasaki

- Ability 1) Clumsy Slashdash - Derf slashdashes, but will 'accidentally' kill Corpus allies (by design). Derf's slashdash terminates in a faceplant
- Ability 2) Ash's Teleport (just to make him getting into combat easier)
- when defeated, may drop blueprints of his Skana brand Skana
- ridiculous quotes
"HEY TENNO! I FOUND YOU! WANNA SEE MY COOL MOVES?"
"Y-you too!"
"I have over 300 confirmed kills!"

1376804545307.gif
BD3SmF.gif

Other possible suggestions:
- Dynamic despawn: Derf's despawn after being defeated is context sensitive. He can be blown out of an airlock, etc.
- He's actually invincible, and must be dispatched through unconventional means: you must break his crappy replica blade through parrying, suck him out into space by blowing out a window, or hack his replica suit and teleport him back home

He probably should act like a deranged Power Ranger knock off. Poses and all when he arrives in a puff of small lasors and smoke!
■ Clumsy Slashdash seems fantastic! Lets add a silly value for him to smack the wall with it.
■ How about another move? He'll do "Super Jump" and land it in a "Radial Blast" (Rhino). Though instead of landing fist in the ground all cool like make him do his trademark faceplant!
■ Since he's dual wielding fancy Skanas lets have him spin around like an idiot for a special move?
■ When he gets defeated/retreats he has tiny fake explosions around him acting like he's going to explode! Then realizing that he's not exploding at all and it's a hologram while you can half see a very bad cloak running out of the room slowly becoming more invisible until he just despawns.
[bBYiffo]

I solemnly demand that the "Clumsy Slashdash" will infact be in walking speed, and he will simply swing his blades around real fast all over the place trying to hit stuff (including other corpus) before tripping down and faceplanting. [Feam]

If he's gonna randomly help you when the stalker comes in then I'm all for it. Imagine the lights start flickering, noises begin to enter your head and the stalker appears, then suddenly, derf anyo's theme pops as he shows up beside you. He uses his derfslash only to faceplant and poof away.
Check this one baller of an idea: If you are playing on solo, and Derf appears, he would have the same color scheme as you and your do! [Cestus]
- make him run really fast like volt after using the cheap smoke bomb, so we can see him running away (not vanishing..), with a funny running animation too. xD [JDP04]

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/39073-mini-boss-idea-derf-anyo-son-of-nef/?p=1648644 [Derf Anyo by Enip]

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/39073-mini-boss-idea-derf-anyo-son-of-nef/?p=1436738 [Derf Anyo by RazorTip]

Warbros #1 Warbros #1 Warbros #1 Warbros #1 Warbros #1

Edit: Derf confirmed on D Day. Nebur fogbet ;_;7

Edited by MyHeroPatrickSwayze

This is just like one of his Corpus Animes.

I'd really kinda like this. The game could use more random encounter events and I like how this one has a really cool flavor of its own.

He should be made to ask stupid questions:

"D-do you think love can ever bloom on the battlefield?"

"This blade has been folded over 1000 times!"

"I'm a ten year vet!"

He should be made to ask stupid questions:

"D-do you think love can ever bloom on the battlefield?"

"This blade has been folded over 1000 times!"

"I'm a ten year vet!"

"I have over 300 confirmed Tenno kills!"

Maybe one of his cries of defeat would be like

"Y-YOU TOOOOOoooooo"

As he gets sucked out of a busted window or slowly teleported away.

I approve of this kind of lighthearted, humourous boss! The concept is great, and I love your illustration.

Surely he should appear after you've killed his father, saying:

"My name is Derf Anyo. You killed my father, prepare to die."

Only the Tenno have the ability to wield the Warframes and therefore the powers are exclusive to them as well i.e. no slash-dash, no Ash smoke bomb for Derf...not saying he couldn't use Corpus' teleporting system.

Chief Anyo is such a horrible boss that HE is already joke, his son doesnt need to be one. His son SHOULD be the serious fight

Maybe as an update to this encounter after you easily beat Anyo the son appears as a second boss fight. A cut scene introduces him and he says, "My name is Derf Anyo. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

His shields dont regenerate but he Stone Skin's when they are depleted for a period of time.

He he drops and active decoy so the player has to figure out the correct Anyo.

And he super jumps toward players landing with a melee strike.

Only the Tenno have the ability to wield the Warframes and therefore the powers are exclusive to them as well i.e. no slash-dash, no Ash smoke bomb for Derf...not saying he couldn't use Corpus' teleporting system.

That gave me an idea, what if he tries to immitate Tenno skills with conventional weapons?

Slash dash? Rocket-boots and some blue fireworks!

Well that's why his slash dash fails and kills his own teammates. He has cheap knock-off abilities that don't work right. Also, >implying that he couldn't use actual smoke bombs instead of using Ash's ability. You know that smoke bombs are actual items that exist in real life, right? You don't need to be a Tenno to use them.

Chief Anyo is such a horrible boss that HE is already joke, his son doesnt need to be one. His son SHOULD be the serious fight

Maybe as an update to this encounter after you easily beat Anyo the son appears as a second boss fight. A cut scene introduces him and he says, "My name is Derf Anyo. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

His shields dont regenerate but he Stone Skin's when they are depleted for a period of time.

He he drops and active decoy so the player has to figure out the correct Anyo.

And he super jumps toward players landing with a melee strike.

I can't help but feel that you're kind of missing the joke. Yes, we all want big bosses that are actual challenges, but this is the joke version of the Stalker with a bit of tongue-in-cheek nerd humour mixed in. If you want a serious fight that chases you down in the levels, go and find the Stalker. I'm sure he'll give you a run for your money.

Could explain how he fails at using Slash Dash. Anyway, this is a hilarious joke, and would be funny in game, but I feel the hilarity should be kept subtle, and the game should be kept serious.

I can't help but feel that you're kind of missing the joke. Yes, we all want big bosses that are actual challenges, but this is the joke version of the Stalker with a bit of tongue-in-cheek nerd humour mixed in. If you want a serious fight that chases you down in the levels, go and find the Stalker. I'm sure he'll give you a run for your money.

The quote i used for his introductions should show that i did get the joke.... if you didn't get that quote. I am just saying that this idea has the opportunity to actually be turned into something.

The quote i used for his introductions should show that i did get the joke.... if you didn't get that quote. I am just saying that this idea has the opportunity to actually be turned into something.

You think I didn't get the quote? Might I direct you to the post that I made before you, here:

I approve of this kind of lighthearted, humourous boss! The concept is great, and I love your illustration.

Surely he should appear after you've killed his father, saying:

"My name is Derf Anyo. You killed my father, prepare to die."

The point I'm making is that in keeping with the lightheartedness of this concept, he should also be a weak boss. It's no good if you are actually afraid to fight this guy. It should be a welcome visitation, not a horrific ordeal. That's why I think he shouldn't be a decent challenge.

Well that's why his slash dash fails and kills his own teammates. He has cheap knock-off abilities that don't work right. Also, >implying that he couldn't use actual smoke bombs instead of using Ash's ability. You know that smoke bombs are actual items that exist in real life, right? You don't need to be a Tenno to use them.

Haha, who doesn't know?

What I meant to say is that he can't use Ash's smoke-screen ability; wouldn't be in line with the lore. Of course he could use a simple smoke-bomb, but that would make him hard to see, not invisible like Ash. It's why I added "...not saying he couldn't use Corpus' teleporting system" implying that he would have to use other means of Corpus design.

Edited by xxx7

Also: 

You sir, are a silly goose, other than I think the three Corpus Proxies (Hyena, Ambulas, Jackal) Every boss in the game uses at LEAST one Frame power, some multiples.

Hell, the boss who drops Ash parts uses damn near all of Excalibur's Load Out. (Slash Dash, whateverthatradialpulsethatisn'tradialjavalinis, and the super jump.)

Hek, NEF uses Smoke Bomb. His son using it makes sense.

Also: All of the plus ones for this idea, having a more light hearted random event to laugh and feel good about, would be nice.

Also: the alternate helms are cute, XP.

Also Also: I didn't have enough alsos. ._.

Edited by Zsword

You think I didn't get the quote? Might I direct you to the post that I made before you, here:

The point I'm making is that in keeping with the lightheartedness of this concept, he should also be a weak boss. It's no good if you are actually afraid to fight this guy. It should be a welcome visitation, not a horrific ordeal. That's why I think he shouldn't be a decent challenge.

Ok, everyone got everything.

I just suggested a slightly different route since all that stuff you use to describe Derf applies to Anyo currently.