The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mini-Boss Idea] Derf Anyo, Son Of Nef [The Immortal Megathread]

Is OP getting paid for this idea?

He made it and DE will just make money off of it?

OP better get paid for this.

If DE don't, I'm happy to throw in a few Platinum.

But yes, I can totally see Derf trying to do ninja-things against the Grineer in this event. If he shows up as a random encounter, it should be while fighting them and not the Corpus.

EDIT: not 100% on topic, but would Derf have come out better if he had been raised by Uncle Hek?

Edited by DoomFruit

The coming event would be a perfect intro for Derf.

Just imagine it. You side with the Corpus.

Derf is ecstatic to be able to fight alongside one of his idols!

He starts psyching himself up.

You're running fullspeed at the Grineer forces. When, suddenly, you hear a ferocious battle cry from an ally behind you? Who is it? It's Derf!

(at this point, you have no idea who he is)

He seems like an immensely powerful Corpus soldier. His battle cries are fearsome, he is well equipped, and he seems to move almost like yourself.

Eager to show his worth to his Tenno idols, he begins to run full speed at the Grineer.

Just as he passes you, and after all that build up, he falls over and faceplants.

Overcome with embarrassment of humiliating himself in front of a real life Tenno, he uses a smoke grenade and runs off (just like the OP).

Does that not sound hilarious?

Sure does to me. :P

Edited by Nugget_

Guess who's ready to fight evil Tenno and save the day?

warframe___derf_is_ready_by_sil_pencil-d

And yes, that is supposed to be a MOA with a video camera and a fan strapped to its' back.

No, no, no. They're not Evil Tenno, they're Glorious Tenno. Derf would want to show off in front of them (and yes, occasionally fight them to test his skills). I'm thinking that if he actually does manage to down someone (wow), he should attempt to revive them. Probably with a can of green spray paint, but still.

No, no, no. They're not Evil Tenno, they're Glorious Tenno. Derf would want to show off in front of them (and yes, occasionally fight them to test his skills). I'm thinking that if he actually does manage to down someone (wow), he should attempt to revive them. Probably with a can of green spray paint, but still.

Or he's just a "hero" to Corpus children, like those live shows, fighting the Tenno boogeymen that scare the Corpus. :3

I can already see Sgt. Nef at a bar, holding a glass of whisky and looking distraught, being consoled by Alad V.

"The noble lineage of Anyo, reduced to a kid's show. Where did I go wrong with that boy?"