Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mini-Boss Idea] Derf Anyo, Son Of Nef [The Immortal Megathread]

He needs a cape with a big lotus symbol on it. I've got some ideas for more derf lines

"I wanted to buy this awesome braton replica but my stupid dad wouldn't let me."

If there's a female frame he should try to hit on them. Something real beta like this.

"You know trinity, I don't think your tail thing is ugly. It's pretty cute."

Well that's why his slash dash fails and kills his own teammates. He has cheap knock-off abilities that don't work right. Also, >implying that he couldn't use actual smoke bombs instead of using Ash's ability. You know that smoke bombs are actual items that exist in real life, right? You don't need to be a Tenno to use them.

I can't help but feel that you're kind of missing the joke. Yes, we all want big bosses that are actual challenges, but this is the joke version of the Stalker with a bit of tongue-in-cheek nerd humour mixed in. If you want a serious fight that chases you down in the levels, go and find the Stalker. I'm sure he'll give you a run for your money.

The stalker is already easy

Using a scindo with max killing blow, 3 charges and he's down! I need more than that!

The stalker is already easy

Using a scindo with max killing blow, 3 charges and he's down! I need more than that!

All stalker stories I hear, and experience are either

"I got shredded down in one second because I wasn't properly prepared"

or

"I obliterated him without taking a hit, he's super easy plz buff"

The way I see it, he's simply an unbalanced scenario. I like that a lot, It's much better than just throwing another bulletspunge to stare at us as a "terrifying encounter", but he isn't necessarily COMPLETELY weak. Just needs some tuning I guess.

Still, probably most advanced AI in Warframe... which can probably be looked at in a few different ways. :S

All stalker stories I hear, and experience are either

"I got shredded down in one second because I wasn't properly prepared"

or

"I obliterated him without taking a hit, he's super easy plz buff"

The way I see it, he's simply an unbalanced scenario. I like that a lot, It's much better than just throwing another bulletspunge to stare at us as a "terrifying encounter", but he isn't necessarily COMPLETELY weak. Just needs some tuning I guess.

Still, probably most advanced AI in Warframe... which can probably be looked at in a few different ways. :S

I bet if his hits pierced Iron Skin people wouldn't say he's nearly as easy.

Would be pretty cool if you would have a 50% chance between getting him instead of stalker on any corpus mission if the game decides to throw a mini-boss your way.

Also, since stalker already has slash dash, how about Rhino Charge instead? (it deals less damage too, i think it'd be a good idea so he wouldn't one shot people like stalker does)

To imitate faceplant, do shockwave's knockdown effect (like on shockwave moas)

Edited by rabcor

WOW...golden idea. if you guys ever played FF12 you maybe came across Gilgamesh funny guy he was...and freaking strong. reminded me of him with his serious intents, but comedic style xD
ps: ADD IT

just cutscenes 

Edited by W4RM4CHIN3

WOW...golden idea. if you guys ever played FF12 you maybe came across Gilgamesh funny guy he was...and freaking strong. reminded me of him with his serious intents, but comedic style xD

ps: ADD IT

just cutscenes 

Lol,my thoughts exactly,but if I remember correctly Gilgamesh was the real deal.And loot was great,if u knew,when to steal:)

• 3 weeks later...

It'd be sooo in character if he were to have a chance to replace the hostage in one of the hostage missions. Or have a specific locker in corpus that contains old concept art of Warframe/Frames. It should be disguised as a red or a Prime (like Frost and Excalibur) color palette locker without the "X to open" tooltip but you can open it if you are close enough to press X.

Edited by Cestus

ThreadNecroCArd.jpg

If you think people will EVER stop caring about Derf you are horribly horribly wrong.

I'm taking this idea with me to the grave, and when I get resurrected as a poltergeist to haunt Nicolas Cage I'm throwing it back at DE.

This thread was never dead to begin with, basically. We're just waiting. Thinking. Stalking. Derfing.

Edited by Feam