Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bo Vs. Amphis

Killist

Question

I was thinking about buying one of these weapons and I was wondering which is better?

I've read through the Wiki page and it seems Amphis does more dmg with same attack speed. It also has electrical aoe knockdown with polarity slot.

What are the merits of Bo?

7 answers to this question

Amphis all the way! Its loads of fun and plenty powerful. You'll have enemies flying all over the place and mowing through crowds like nothing, I have ten or so melee weapons and I keep using my amphis, its just that good.

I've used both, and sold my Bo to make space for the Amphis.

Bo worked very well with my Strun, knocking them down or staggering them so I could fire in their face for a guaranteed kill. The jump attack comes in particularly useful against a mob of enemies. The Amphis seems to lack this knockdown ability but still staggers enemies quite often. It makes up for this by being pretty damn powerful though. Amphis's jump attack is great against Corpus, immobilizing most of them with shock damage and destroying most Ospreys in one hit(the shock nova hits them for some reason).

If you're looking for damage, go for the Amphis. But if you prefer to send enemies sprawling, the Bo would probably be a better choice. It's pretty slow though.

I forgot to mention, you wont need to shoot out cameras if you have an Amphis. There is enouigh electricity in the air when you do a jump attack that it destroys the cameras. Just get close enough to one, jump and slam the Amphis on the ground. Oh and those pesky mini airplane looking robots get killed from jump attacks too. 

I forgot to mention, you wont need to shoot out cameras if you have an Amphis. There is enouigh electricity in the air when you do a jump attack that it destroys the cameras. Just get close enough to one, jump and slam the Amphis on the ground. Oh and those pesky mini airplane looking robots get killed from jump attacks too. 

Good to know!