Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snow Globe Slowing Bug

AureusVulpes

For those of you like me having browser trouble and cannot see videos,

(This section taken directly from video description)------------------

Exhibition of a bug related to Frost's Snow Globe. Snow Globe is supposed to reduce the movement speed of all enemies within it for its entire duration. If two globes overlap an enemy's location and one fades, the enemy will proceed to act as if the second never existed.

This bug has been around for a little while now, at least since hotfix 15.10. The aim of this video is to increase awareness of this bug, exhibit its reproduction, and aid in its fix.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bug has been around for a really long time (at least since U15, despite my video description). It almost cost me a T4D last night and I finally decided to make a super-involved post plus video about it since that seems to be the only way to garner enough attention to get it fixed.

EDIT: Thanks DE_Danilelle for that BB code link

Edited by AureusVulpes

Please keep conjecture about the slowing radius of globe out of this bug thread. If you feel the static size of snow globe's slowing radius should scale, post a feedback thread. It has never been declared as a bug. If you have a DE post stating otherwise, post it here. Otherwise, discussion about that belongs in feedback, not here as an unrelated subject.

I have been seeing this bug as well since U15, but rarely enough that I thought I was just being crazy.

Not to mention the slow effect radius should be affected by powere range just like the globe size it self.

Nope, it's not.

The slow area is always the same regardless of the size of the globe.

It never has been defined as a bug.

I feel like that is a bug. I'm sure most Frost players would agree.

Please keep conjecture about the slowing radius of globe out of this bug thread. If you feel the static size of snow globe's slowing radius should scale, post a feedback thread. It has never been declared as a bug. If you have a DE post stating otherwise, post it here. Otherwise, discussion about that belongs in feedback, not here as an unrelated subject.

Indeed it's not logic but it always has been like this...

This was changed in U15 (which incidentally was when the bug this thread is supposed to be about was created). It now scales with range, which I objected to because it broke low-range globes. I have learned to accept that high-range globes are pretty good though.

3pv.png

It was hidden in the middle of the graphical bug fixes section, not the frame changes section.

Edited by egregiousRac