The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Is Up For New Elements.?

Tsoe

With the new warframe and the incoming damage 2.0 Prime

and the change color to change element thing.

something  is now obvious...

We need new elements (some are allready in game) :

For water we allready have the proc animation (see hydroid undertow)

We have light proc allready (Excal,Oberon,Mirage) and Opticor that should use light damages instead of physical

thoose two are a mlust but wut could be the new elements?

Edited by Tsoe

Interesting ideas, but if you were to create new elemental combinations with a [combo + base], that could lead to build imbalances. That's something we would certainly be able to get around with no problem, but I think we should find ways around that first and compare possible results.

you guys needs to realize that simply adding just 1 new element will come with 4 new combos, which DE will need to implement and get working properly.. which is incredibly hard
the current elements have a very delicate balance and just 1 new element can really upset that balance

what would you even get from combining light or water for example with the other 4 elements?

water + cold = cold 2.0

water + electricity = no baths

water + heat = steam (smokescreen maybe)

water + toxin = polution/ poison which would probably do the same thing as toxin

I'm referring to adding 1 new element of course... not combining existing combos

Together and forever, bound by eternity.

Someone get Erebus to be the priest

true love in the forums

Edited by BaIthazar

For water we allready have the proc animation (see hydroid undertow)

I thought the enemies just fall into the pool and start drowning through being dealt Finisher damage to them (ignores armour damage reduction). 

I mean, having armour would not save you from drowning, right?

What if--

ok bear with me for a sec

WHAT IF, along with the new frame, they added Dark and Light elements.

Darkness invokes fear (like Nekros's Terrify) and Light blinds enemies (like Excalibro's Radial Blind / Mirage's Prism blast effect)?

Infested would have defense against the Darkness as they're more or less the "evil" in this sense, and the Corrupted could have a defense against the light as they're...well...it just seems right. And of course they would have less resistances against the elements respectively.

WHAT IF?

What if--

ok bear with me for a sec

WHAT IF, along with the new frame, they added Dark and Light elements.

Darkness invokes fear (like Nekros's Terrify) and Light blinds enemies (like Excalibro's Radial Blind / Mirage's Prism blast effect)?

Infested would have defense against the Darkness as they're more or less the "evil" in this sense, and the Corrupted could have a defense against the light as they're...well...it just seems right. And of course they would have less resistances against the elements respectively.

WHAT IF?

that's it

i forgot Darkness

but yu got the idea Light-Darkness and water