The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Buying Prime Access Really Cheating

(PSN)Mazda_07_

It's not cheating it's just not going the rng way which is stupid any way it has rotations it's random and you have to grind and even then you might not get the item. Just a quicker but exspensive way to get what u want

I was shamed earlier on ps4 for buying the prime access..... Can anyone explain to me what's wrong with supporting his game?

I dont buy prime access but the people who shame you for it are just jealous is all most of the time, continue supporting the game in whatever way you see fit

Nothing wrong with getting it at all, they're probably jealous of the exclusive stuff you get with it and that they might not be able to afford it. Or they might be having a bad day with the game bugging up or something.

Don't take anything from it, if people didn't buy plat and prime access, they're might not be a game for them to play.

Possibilities:

1) There are people who do not like DE, they're a minority.

2) Many think this game will never be worth more than free, that's a matter of perspective. (and they're a minority.)

3) Some think Prime Access is in some way demeaning to those who can't afford it. Read that again, I don't understand it either but it's true. 

4) Bcus praz RNGeezus screb lel.

Overall don't worry about it, we all know who has that thing deemed worthy of PA. In my case, Ember, Loki, Rhino. (Misa Prime Syndana is best!)

Edited by Un1337ninj4

Don't listen to them. How can it be cheating? A new player could be gifted all the same things from a veteran player and often are just by being in a clan. The frame doesn't matter much, Nova prime isn't that much different from Nova regular, which is just as easily gotten. The things that really matter in the game for the strength of your character is mods, prime access isn't even that huge of an advantage. These people are just jealous or stupid. They are trying to get under your skin, which it seems like they have succeeded. Don't let them do that.  

Nothing is wrong with buying prime access.  If players don't buy prime access / plat, warframe would die.  As someone once said, "Love don't pay the bills."

that was my reply I said you need players like me so players like you get plat and we need players like me need players like you so we don't have to farm. ^¬^good to see not everyone hates me for doing it lol

It's not cheating; you're paying for something that's readily available to other players. At most, you're paying for the convenience of not having to farm the parts and get some extra cosmetics that are just that, cosmetics.

You'll still have to level and learn the frame like other people. Prime Access won't make you a better player. Problem is, people are usually jealous of what they don't have or don't have yet.

Also, it's the Internet; never expect the best courtesy from random people. It's a minefield and you're wearing lead snow-shoes. At times, you'll find decent people but most, under the cover of anonymity, will gladly act out their worst side liberally.

lol is the answer really that simple?

Yes

Edited by Wiegraf

lol is the answer really that simple?

Absolutely, you can't imagine how many players have insulted me for using Excalibur Prime 2 years ago and consider that in such a case I wasn't even "cheating" as those items couldn't be got in other ways.

I've been using the standard Excalibur instead of the Prime one for months because of that...

And same happened with first 2 Prime Access I bought, before it became more common; the first one was really considered cheating by a large part of the playerbase, while now it's way more accepted and encouraged even in the forums.

I was shamed earlier on ps4 for buying the prime access..... Can anyone explain to me what's wrong with supporting his game?

There is nothing wrong with it. People think that, just because you buy it, you didn't have to suffer the RNGrind. People also forget that buying it means supporting the game, so just be patient with those special kinda people :P

By purchasing the prime access pack, and thus financially supporting a free to play game with a rather fair payment model such as Warframe is an act way beyond the level of comprehension those ignorants possess.

Don't be afraid to show your love and dedication for things you like, ignore the naysayers. Like others have said; "haters gonna hate".

Edited by Radford_343

I don't have a problem dropping real cash on Warframe. Love the game , love how the people that run it are involved and don't mind for a second helping with the cause. Some people just hate farming but love the game. For our 10% discount voucher on PSN I bought some platinum, why not. Like I've always said , broke people hate micros and people that have money don't mind them. Next time just tell that person to get a job.