The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Buying Prime Access Really Cheating

(PSN)Mazda_07_

They are just being jealous - simple as that. Not everyone can afford prime access, let alone platinum at discounted prices and this is their way of venting off their frustration.

I remember being called a loser for buying character skins for Killing Floor (even though they were discounted to like 99 cents or something)

It's definitely not cheating, I don't see how anyone could make an argument for such a thing. Although, there are those that simply don't find Prime Access to be worth the price, as opposed to simply not being able to afford it. Even still accusing someone of cheating because they took a fully accessible shortcut for content that you can otherwise get for free is just plain childish. Just ignore them. Spend your money in whatever way you choose.

nope. not a single thing wrong with it.

people are just mad cause they don't have the extra cash to spend to get prime access.

if anyone every tells you that you're cheating because of it or shames you in anyway all you gotta say is

"at least I support the development of the game"

and then ignore them if they continue.

... if De lowered their prime access price by 50% I'ed totally buy each one

Oh boy, people would bash someone who's supporting the game by buying something that's obtainable in game? Funniest thing I've read in a while.

I do buy plats whenever I get discount from login rewards and it's a good thing since you're showing your support for the company. ( Not to mention DE is a company worth supporting compared to some other companies out there)

... if De lowered their prime access price by 50% I'ed totally buy each one

If DE separated the frames, weapons and accessories from each other in the prime access, I'd surely buy the accessories cuz appearance matters to me.

well it's the package of this prime access that generates hate. Nova and Soma are the one pair of hated loadout because hurr playurrz wantd durr challungeez.

same treatment when Rhino and Boltor Prime went into the wilds.

Just ignore, OP.

Ignore those idiots.

It saves you time and gets you a nice plat boost , if they want to farm stuff its not your deal

A huge part many people miss >>>>it keeps the game running<<<<.

Warframe is F2P so it needs people that pay and whale so it can stay free for others.

Absolutely, you can't imagine how many players have insulted me for using Excalibur Prime 2 years ago and consider that in such a case I wasn't even "cheating" as those items couldn't be got in other ways.

I've been using the standard Excalibur instead of the Prime one for months because of that...

And same happened with first 2 Prime Access I bought, before it became more common; the first one was really considered cheating by a large part of the playerbase, while now it's way more accepted and encouraged even in the forums.

Definitely have experienced this. There was even a recent thread where someone said they didn't like newer players having prime stuff and high-level gear. At the end of the day, it's jealousy and a sense of elitism.

I didn't read others but here my post : 

As long you play the game , have fun here , there nothing ,When player one can buy and player B-C-D can't , They will hate whatever you do , whatever you buy , but some will understand that withouth player one , the game will have harder time on update etc , there nothing wrong just remember Hater gona hate that all

My answer would be different if you was just buying prime access for fun and not playing or just to show off

I'm debating right now whether or not too buy the Nova Prime access because she's my favorite frame. I want the frame but will I feel as accomplished or as happy if I don't work for it and instead buy it. I'm probably going too anyways though since the 80$ package comes with allot of Platinum and my favorite frames supporting picture.

If you enjoy the frame and enjoy the game not wanting too grind for Nova Prime because you'd rather just play her then theirs nothing wrong with this. Your just having fun and supporting Warframe at the same time. I agree with the first statement, hates ganna hate. Their just jealous.

But again its $80...so theirs that too, a bit pricey if your unsure about it.

Edited by Monybags33

I was shamed earlier on ps4 for buying the prime access..... Can anyone explain to me what's wrong with supporting his game?

No. It's a glorious, definitive way to express your enthusiasm as a customer and DE fan.

Shameful is waking up one day to find that DE has stopped expanding and improving on Warframe because they can no longer make a living with the P2P aspects of this game, most of which buy you time and progression with VERY minimal purchase-only exclusives.

It's a show of support that keeps the game alive and growing. Be proud.

No. It's a glorious, definitive way to express your enthusiasm as a customer and DE fan.

Shameful is waking up one day to find that DE has stopped expanding and improving on Warframe because they can no longer make a living with the P2P aspects of this game, most of which buy you time and progression with VERY minimal purchase-only exclusives.

It's a show of support that keeps the game alive and growing. Be proud.

But that's the thing. All this "$140 for 2 weapons+ 1 warframe" crap is incentivizing DE to make more grind gates, time gates, and RNG gates instead of genuine content. Free-to-play really means "Pay more for less than if you actually bought this game", since there is no real story, no real endgame, no real area diversity, nothing but more and more shiny objects to grind the same few missions increasingly long hours for, all while being told that the grind will be reduced "somehow, sometime". Why should they decrease grind and RNG by making the experience more tolerable with lore, diverse areas, endgame, etc. if they can just pump out another set of bland items and even more repetitive ways to grind them, when their biggest source of revenue is people paying to skip the grind? All you have to do is look at Archwings and prime mods to see this for yourself.