By The Numbers: Tenno Arsenal

DE_Adam

13 of the 20 weapons are shotguns because you fire them up close and their hits are calculated by pellet. So of course the rank higher.

The statement: "it's clear that players take a little more care when aiming these 20 guns" is kind of false, since you don't need a lot of accurancy for 13 of them as long as you are in the right distance.

I would expect the opposite to be true.  Your chances of hitting someone at mid range is higher with a shotgun because of the wall of metal.  Up close, it's as hard to hit something as any other gun because that's where the spread is the least.  The damage is higher at 1m, for sure, but you can shoot right past an enemy much more easily that close.  When the pellets have gone far enough from your gun that their average spread is less than the width of a Grineer body, they achieve their maximum "accuracy".  It's almost impossible to miss anything at that range.  Granted, your damage is much diminished, but as long as you're aiming in the right general direction, you're gonna hit something.

But I agree with your general sentiment that including shotguns in any accuracy measure is going to be somewhat misleading.  And that is because accuracy per trigger pull is a misleading measure when different guns do different things when you pull the trigger.  That's why you don't see continuous fire and AOE weapons on this list.  A better measure if you want to include shotguns might be a per projectile metric (ignoring continuous fire, non-projectile energy weapons, and other AOE exceptions).  Or more simply, the percentage of things fired that do damage to any enemy.   This works for continuous fire and AOE as well.

Stalker's weapons are my personal favorites. I can relate to Stalker, having everything around you taken without being able to do anything. #depression

In all seriousness, Stalker's weapon pack is something I bought back in 2013. It helped me get through the game, and ultimately where I am now. I will always be grateful to Stalker.

Edited by Tymerc

I would expect the opposite to be true.  Your chances of hitting someone at mid range is higher with a shotgun because of the wall of metal.  Up close, it's as hard to hit something as any other gun because that's where the spread is the least.  The damage is higher at 1m, for sure, but you can shoot right past an enemy much more easily that close.  When the pellets have gone far enough from your gun that their average spread is less than the width of a Grineer body, they achieve their maximum "accuracy".  It's almost impossible to miss anything at that range.  Granted, your damage is much diminished, but as long as you're aiming in the right general direction, you're gonna hit something.

That's certainly true.

I was actualy trying to exaggerate the short distance on which one fires a shotgun in Warframe, in horder to highlight the usualy short distance on which players use the shotguns.

Keeping a minium distance to enemies is also especialy necessary on weapons with travel time like the Drakgoon, which also happens to have a good mid range accurancy thanks to the charge function.

So yeah, i was overblowing the shortness a bit.

Wait where is it from???

The reference is from the anime Fist of Northstar. Dunno who made that edit of the image to have the Stalker though.

Woo! Dread is always awesome in my book. The only primary weapon I have that could still kill T4 Survival Void mobs reliably past 40min.

However....Torid is on a whole other level. 

Personally Dread is my favourite single starget killer while Torid with status or crit builds is my favourite AoE weapon :D

Torid with most kills? Really?

I had completely dismissed this weapon many months ago.  Anyone care to enlighten me on it's best use?

Torrid makes for huge corrosive explosions when modded correctly. One would use a strong secondary weapon most of the time and when the enemy starts to cluster, switch to Torrid to launch corrosive rounds into it. Torrid will need a potato and 4 forma.

Anyone else notice the trend between the PC, XBOX1, and PS4s accuracy? I'd expect PC accuracy to be highest in almost all cases, and I'm surprised to see the XBOX1 come so close to the PC accuracy, and even top it with 3 guns. The PS4, on the other hand, only tops the other two systems on accuracy for 2 guns... and is mostly much less across all other guns. Why is the PS4 accuracy so much worse than the XBOX1 and PC?

I rather enjoy this kind of post. Hard to avoid certain nitpicks about accuracy evaluations in Warframe though.

In my experience a shotgun that hits one enemy per trigger pull will net 100% accuracy even if the majority of pellets fail to find a target. Whether or not you find that to be a valid assessment of accuracy it makes the presence of shotguns on this chart a bit nonsensical. 

The Drakgoon, on release, seemed to follow its own rules and it was not uncommon to finish rounds with 600% accuracy or higher. No idea if that was addressed at some point after I retired from using the weapon.

The Penta only registers hits when you deal damage with direct impact. If you are killing 5 enemies every trigger pull by utilizing it as an air burst grenade launcher you will walk away with 0% accuracy no matter how much carnage you wreak.

Finally, as a personal pet peeve, any shot impacting a nullifier shield (or indeed any other objective meant to be damaged by players to proceed) will be registered by the game as a miss. Spending any reasonable amount of time in T3-T4 void or starchart Corpus nodes will erode accuracy values for the weapons you use to deal with nullifiers. You tried to hit your target and you clearly missed. Better get some glasses there, champ. >__<

Edited by arKRazor