why does it feel like you guys just took rescue 2.0 and changed its name to spy 2.0.....

at least the first few parts of it seem very very similar x_X

Probably the closest we can get to actual stealth in this game. x: 'Cause, you know, we're speed injecting gods.

I clicked in this thread asking myself if there will be stealth.

THERE WILL BE STEALTH.

Enough said, I'm momentarily satisfied.

Edited by (PS4)i_illusion

If you want stealth, make actual AI for enemies during stealth that isn't "You're not invisible, they saw you,"

Please?

• You gain XP from extracting data, it scales with difficulty and there’s a 3x multiplier for extractions with no alarms. 

Add an x3 credit bonus too.

XP is nearly worthless for most of us.

• Upvote 1

Sounds interesting but there are a few concerns I have currently.

Stealth

Stealth is basically a binary affair in warframe now, you are seen or you arent. 

If you are seen you have to hope an enemy isnt near a consol simply because if one enemy sees you they all see you, whether they actually visually see or hear you is quite irrelevant to that too.  Sure while it makes sence for internal coms devices, it doesn't really help given the limited actions you can use to get around this (tools for stealth at the players disposal).  

Even then you can occasionally manage to kill an enemy before they trigger the alarms and yet it is still triggered anyway.

Short of invisibility (basically resulting on only playing with loki and occasionally ash) players have few tools to engage in stealth play.

Without good stealth capabilities the gamemode doesnt really work well and ends up having a lot of the continuity broken (like in rescue where alarms get set off in a ship but it doesnt effect the prison room conditions, it is as if the prison/vault is an isolated mission in of itself seperated from the rest of the map).

Stealth play is about puzzles, not really the fast movement or defeating hordes of enemies or masive explosive power gameplay that warframe is currently.  (many games designed around the premis of just stealth fail at this aspect as well).

Reasons to replay:

Short of the novelty of playing a new style of mission there seems to be little purpose to keep players returning to this kind of gameplay.  Much like Rescue (and other non-endless types), after you have done it a few times (or cleared nodes) there is little to no reason to play them again.  There seems to be little long term gain for doing these missions over endless ones, much like many of the non-endless missions aside from mobile defence.

The reward for effort would be quite low, and without good stealth the effort to succeed could be quite high.

Even with a 3x affinity gain (presuming you achieve all milestones) that will be vasly less  than one can achieve from even a single endless stage if the base amount of affinity will be much as Spy gives now.

Group play:

Stealth tends to be something that can be very difficuilt to achieve within a group (even ones that normally work well togeather).  Thus stealth missions tend to be solo affairs. 

Sure it is nice to have some missions for soloing, but at the end fo the day grouping is where a co-op game does it best.  Unfortunatly few frames have anything to offer stealth gameplay, limiting frame choices without vastly increasing the effort needed to achieve succeed at a mission.  When playing in a group all players typically dont want to play the same couple of warframes in the group.

Similarity to rescue:

It really does seem that spy 2.0 is just going to be rescue with a different coat of paint. 

The essence is the same reguardless of there being some slight differences in how you get about a room.  This is mostly becuse of the limited stealth play tools warframe offers to player thus what it can let level designers actually alter the levels to use some of these tools the players dont have.

This similarity with a different coat of paint was a big part of why raids got removed, dispite it making a lot of sence for Tenno to do such missions.

Edited by Loswaith
  • Upvote 3

Yeah, I'm going to have  to agree with the guy above me, it seems a bit too much like rescue, perhaps even easier since you don't have to defend a low health NPC with somewhat unreliable pathing. Perhaps stealth should be enhanced more before working on a game mode focusing on stealth. 

Edited by DesuEx
  • Upvote 1

o.o with spy 2.0 can the rooms have a no ability field/ability canceling pulse. Because honestly its just gonna be loki/ash spam on them making the challenge mundane at best.  (and dont want people just spamming abilities when they get found out to save their butts if we are gonna try to make it more stealth oriented)

(thought we already had a preview in a prime time/dev stream, remember rebecca using the new addition of aerial attacks added to weapons when you jump to get to a higher area)

• Upvote 1

I see one problem:

Triple XP is a nice concept, but there are different mission types where you can get a lot more XP in less time.

So the reward is kinda pointless.

I would like to see better rewards to encourage stealth play, because 99% of people don't care and rush through it, even when you want to play stealth. So it only works when you are doing it in a preset party. Same with Syndicate sigs most of the time :-(

It also said that the XP reward scales with mission difficulty.

I feel that this is really similar to Rescue 2.0. A bit too similar.

Like, take it this way: you have to hack into a fortified room, and hack what's inside, and if you're seen by the sentries a timer starts counting down and at 0:00 you fail unless you successfully hack what's inside.

The only difference here is that there are a variable number of hacks in one vault in Rescue 2.0, and one single hack in a variable number of vaults in Spy 2.0.

I don't really have any better ideas, but I'm sure you devs could think of a way to change the mechanics of this one to a more interesting and unique method.

Honestly sounds just like Rescue 2.0. The vault part is literally the only difference.

Well to be fair, all missions are basically the same already. 

I mean, rescue and spy are completely stealth oriented mission types so of course they're going to be similar.

Yeah,about public random groups : Stealth is either full teamwork or solo. And that is beautiful...

I remember the Specters of liberty event,with all those brainless rushers.I always got 1 point per run...Then I met 2 other guys with the same silent approach as me : we began to sneak around for hours(including runs made outside the event),we became friends,and this was one of my best coop memories!!

I agree though, forcing stealth on people who don't like it isn't necessarily the way to go, but giving it to quiet players as a viable option would be amazing!

I can already say that I'll do this event with delight.(and won't stop until I get the best reward)

Tailor made for Loki solo (cause stealth doesnt work in coop and another player can easily fauk the mission for you) 

The aim here isn’t to force full stealth, but better support it and make gameplay interesting for other play styles too.  Whatever your play style, I hope you find it fun and challenging!

well..in rescue 2.0 you need perfect stealth for Cosmic Spectre reward, that is forcing full stealth, no?

so if there's best reward from higher point in this new modes then...

How about rewards?

It would be nice to have some decent incentive for tenno to come back to this gamemode. All those Extermination, Mob Defense nodes are mostly empty right now, unlike Defense, Interception and Survival, where rewards are actually good.

• Upvote 1

Also it's great to see you work on more mission types and maps, but it would be more beneficial instead of working on games weakness, trying to mend what doesn't work in coop and will never be popular, to work to games' strengths and improve and create new types of missions that have emergent element. scaling difficulty and coop-friendly mechanics - like Excavation. 

This at last sounds fun. I'll be happy if thus DE implement decent stealth-oriented missions whereas all those silencer/hush-puppies/etc.

OFC Loki, Ash, Banshee would be very handy on these missions unless they implement smth like nullifier chambers or similar.

I've played the infested hostage rescues, which looks like the prototype for these defenses. Last time I was in one of those, I think an enemy tripped the laser before I even managed to get close enough. Needs more testing? In any case, laser tripwire grids are kind of a hard sell in third person view.

Edited by weirdee