The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could We Have A Re Textured And Buffed Snipetron That Fires Lasers?

Heidrek

Im not talking about the lanka or a new gun, but a possible remade snipetron 2.0 THAT FIRES LASERS. I kinda want to have a regular sniper assault rifle, not a charge up one. The Lanka and Vectis are good, and Vulkar is impact sooo its meh, but seriously DE let the Corpus get a proper sniper rifle. One where you shoot and reload, not charge, shoot, then reload.

BTW correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Lanka also break lore? It's still firing metallic projectile through magnetic induction. 

Debatable. Since it does electric damage, it seems unlikely that the projectile it fires through magnetic induction is a metal slug. But you know, space magic.

Im not talking about the lanka or a new gun, but a possible remade snipetron 2.0 THAT FIRES LASERS. I kinda want to have a regular sniper assault rifle, not a charge up one. The Lanka and Vectis are good, and Vulkar is impact sooo its meh, but seriously DE let the Corpus get a proper sniper rifle. One where you shoot and reload, not charge, shoot, then reload.

Neat idea, but there's a small problem. Snipetron is hitscan. You'd never see the laser. You would need to add travel time to it in order to animate the laser, in which case you simply have a 0 charge time lanka, which is actually pretty close to what you'd have if you modded one for fire rate.

Not trying to shatter your dreams or anything, but pointing out what you'd get.

Not trying to step on toes, but I'm practically certain DE won't be touching the Snipetron. As far as I've seen, DE doesn't mess with guns unless the majority of players can actually get the gun. When was the last buff/nerf to the Lato Prime, again?

Edited by Kestral9999

If they retextured the Snipetron, they'd also have to retexture the Snipetron Vandal which I highly doubt would happen.

seriously DE let the Corpus get a proper sniper rifle. One where you shoot and reload, not charge, shoot, then reload.

I'm pretty sure the Snipetron is already like that..

Edited by Ayliax

excuse me but a snipertron retexatured that fires lasers i assume with different stats wouldn't end up being a completely different different weapon? you simply want a plain laser combat rifle, like a opticor without charge with less damage, more shot per clip and perhaps crit capabilities, i see no problem with that actually  

Seriously, Snipetron is never coming back.

Lanka is what you get.

its saddening

Neat idea, but there's a small problem. Snipetron is hitscan. You'd never see the laser. You would need to add travel time to it in order to animate the laser, in which case you simply have a 0 charge time lanka, which is actually pretty close to what you'd have if you modded one for fire rate.

Not trying to shatter your dreams or anything, but pointing out what you'd get.

just change it up so that its a super fast laser

If they retextured the Snipetron, they'd also have to retexture the Snipetron Vandal which I highly doubt would happen.

I'm pretty sure the Snipetron is already like that..

I want it open to all players since puncture is better than impact

Edited by Heidrek

Debatable. Since it does electric damage, it seems unlikely that the projectile it fires through magnetic induction is a metal slug. But you know, space magic.

Non debatable Lanka fires projectiles and and you can't "electrolize" a bullet through magnetic induction. 

excuse me but a snipertron retexatured that fires lasers i assume with different stats wouldn't end up being a completely different different weapon? you simply want a plain laser combat rifle, like a opticor without charge with less damage, more shot per clip and perhaps crit capabilities, i see no problem with that actually  

I want it. Lanka technically speaking is good, but it's 62.5% crit (base + point strike) is less reliable than say paris or dread, and opticor is 100% pure damage so...

Edited by Heidrek

You sure about that? 

Corpus weapons like the Dera and Lanka fire compact toroids of plasma using magnetic rails.

No mention of lanka using toroids or plasma, plasma is not electricity, an electric bullet, or whatever the lanka is firing. Dera ONLY fires plasma no mention of toroids. 

besides thinking about it we have grineer with shields (in archwing) manufacturing energy weapons (kohm.nukor) now so i do think that the snipetron could come back as it is actually

kohm is an energy weapon what? I thought they were bolts.

Edited by Heidrek

No mention of lanka using toroids or plasma, plasma is not electricity, an electric bullet, or whatever the lanka is firing. Dera ONLY fires plasma no mention of toroids. 

Compact toroids are the science word for stable, self-sustaining balls of plasma. Any gun in any sci-fi anywhere that fires plasma bolts is firing compact toroids.

Compact toroids are the science word for stable, self-sustaining balls of plasma. Any gun in any sci-fi anywhere that fires plasma bolts is firing compact toroids.

technically speaking for dera, but what if the corpus found a way without toroids. Plasma manipulation without mini toroids. also the codex does say toroids, so the idea of minitoroids is defeated.

Lanka has no mention of Plasma or toroids. The codex says "The Lanka fires a high velocity projectile through magnetic induction." The issue has been brought up and DE still breaks lore, trying to fix it.

technically speaking for dera, but what if the corpus found a way without toroids. Plasma manipulation without mini toroids. also the codex does say toroids, so the idea of minitoroids is defeated.

Lanka has no mention of Plasma or toroids. The codex says "The Lanka fires a high velocity projectile through magnetic induction." The issue has been brought up and DE still breaks lore, trying to fix it.

...there is no other way. A compact toroid is the only way plasma will hold itself together like that, since those weapons do not fire in continuous beams. There's no way around that.

Unless the universe just works differently in Warframe, in which case sure.

And just FYI, projectile does not mean bullet. Anything that gets launched is a projectile, whether it's a lead slug or a ball of plasma.

...there is no other way. A compact toroid is the only way plasma will hold itself together like that, since those weapons do not fire in continuous beams. There's no way around that.

Unless the universe just works differently in Warframe, in which case sure.

And just FYI, projectile does not mean bullet. Anything that gets launched is a projectile, whether it's a lead slug or a ball of plasma.

Well Im just talking about Lanka and lanka still fires projectiles which break lore, and then most weapons break lore any how ughhh

Edited by Heidrek

Great idea! I like it!