Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros: Changes Coming For 15.12

[DE]Rebecca

Was anyone else truly hoping that desecrate change was coming?

I mean, yeah it's good for looting and all, but I feel that we could see Nekros truly as a playable frame if he didn't actually have a job in farming or Survivals, so anyone playing him would be playing it as per their choice, not because of a job

Most people I see that play survivals debate who is going to be Nekros. Hopefully this will change that, but that doesn't mean I like desecrate still.

Is Scott looking at it? Or was he just trolling?

Edited by SgtFlex

Called it. =)

These look like some nice improvements, can't wait to test them out. One thing I'd like to see above all, though, is a cast time reduction on Shadows of the Dead. Because even with Natural Talent it is often just too dangerous to use in higher level missions. I usually don't even try it in Towers unless I know there'll be an Ancient Healer to help me back on my feet afterwards.

Desecrate needs to change. Tying a warframe to a game mode such that Nekros becomes a must have WF on it is not good from any point of view.

Please remove Life support from desecrate pool. If not that then reduce the drop chance to near zero.

Make poll about it I think it will solve the problem (maybe most will want it to stay, who knows).

If anyone is telling me, dude, spawn rates are broken so we need desecrate... well the answer lies in that very sentence. The problem is in spawn rates and should not be solved by giving a warframe a power indispensable in a game mode.

Please tell me playing an entire game where you have to do nothing but press 3 while your teammates are killing everything is fun for every nekros player! Please tell me that's true and I will stop talking at once. Until I can play nekros in a survival because I WANT TO or my powers help A LOT, not just ONE power but AT LEAST 2-3 of them, then I will play him. Yes soul survivor helps thanks for that.

Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but this in my view is too little. Soul punch still lacks any meaningful utility and/or damage. Terrify still is a bad cc, if only because the armor reduction isn't as much of a vulnerability (vastly inferior to MPrime, or even Sonar), not to mention that enemies run away at full speed. Even the kubrows' howl with a slow works better. SOTD changes are welcome, but Nekros still lacks abilities to either help him rack up the kills to fuel SOTD, or to help him surgically kill targets of choice to control SOTD stack composition.

As it is, he will still have to rely on his weapons alone to kill things, while still being expected to perform a desecrate bot duty. (Edit: and by this I mean that some automation to desecrate, like an automatically pulsing mechanic over a duration, would make Nekros something other than a man on a job. This would also mean that duration builds would be meaningful)

After really great changes to Banshee/Excalibro/Broberon, the long awaited touch-ups of Ember and Nekros are less than underwhelming. :(

Edited by Helleborr

Desecrate needs to change. Tying a warframe to a game mode such that Nekros becomes a must have WF on it is not good from any point of view.

Please remove Life support from desecrate pool. If not that then reduce the drop chance to near zero.

Make poll about it I think it will solve the problem (maybe most will want it to stay, who knows).

If anyone is telling me, dude, spawn rates are broken so we need desecrate... well the answer lies in that very sentence. The problem is in spawn rates and should not be solved by giving a warframe a power indispensable in a game mode.

Please tell me playing an entire game where you have to do nothing but press 3 while your teammates are killing everything is fun for every nekros player! Please tell me that's true and I will stop talking at once. Until I can play nekros in a survival because I WANT TO or my powers help A LOT, not just ONE power but AT LEAST 2-3 of them, then I will play him. Yes soul survivor helps thanks for that.

I basically agree with untying Desecrate from loot in general (increase chances in general, we shouldn't need desecrate for this).

Regarding spawns, they are much better since Glen looked at Survival. Although I find that it's more difficult to keep LS up when in a full squad.

Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but this in my view is too little. Soul punch still lacks any meaningful utility and/or damage. Terrify still is a bad cc, if only because the armor reduction isn't as much of a vulnerability (vastly inferior to MPrime, or even Sonar), not to mention that enemies run away at full speed. Even the kubrows' howl with a slow works better. SOTD changes are welcome, but Nekros still lacks abilities to either help him rack up the kills to fuel SOTD, or to help him surgically kill targets of choice to control SOTD stack composition.

As it is, he will still have to rely on his weapons alone to kill things, while still being expected to perform a desecrate bot duty. (Edit: and by this I mean that some automation to desecrate, like an automatically pulsing mechanic over a duration, would make Nekros something other than a man on a job. This would also mean that duration builds would be meaningful)

After really great changes to Banshee/Excalibro/Broberon, the long awaited touch-ups of Ember and Nekros are less than underwhelming. :(

^I +1 this. Definitely definitely great ideas.

SHADOW OF THE DEAD IS A BAD BAD BAD ABILITY!!!

snip

Called it. =)

These look like some nice improvements, can't wait to test them out. One thing I'd like to see above all, though, is a cast time reduction on Shadows of the Dead. Because even with Natural Talent it is often just too dangerous to use in higher level missions. I usually don't even try it in Towers unless I know there'll be an Ancient Healer to help me back on my feet afterwards.

And Nekros will still only use Desecrate...

It's good changes overall, but... nobody got time for other skills, aside from 3.

snip

Exactly how i feel

To be honest, as with ember, i expected an actual rework, not some sliders adjusted... I mean, i'm glad that frames are getting looked at, i also understand that the team is being careful but some of the most severely underperforming (i know nekros excels at one thing, but that's 1 out of 4 abilities) frames and weapons need to get a bit more of a shake than just some numerical changes. 

Question, but has the Dev Team thought about tweaking the Shadows of the Dead so that they (the resurrected enemies) stay a certain distance by Nekros?

I feel this would help give a lot more use to the ability and stop the A.I. from crouching in one-spot doing nothing until they dissipate.

Terrify is still going to be a party-unfriendly ability until it gets a slowing effect similar to the kubrow's howl.  I'd even be willing to give up armor reduction to get that.  Between shadows and Terrify, battlefields turn into incoherent messes of people running around everywhere and Nekros turns into more of a liability than a help, which will just result in him being put back into desecration duty and-nothing-else.

Also, it's extremely difficult to tell shadows from terrified enemies with many energy colors, especially when things get heated.  This needs to be addressed.  Squadmates get a bit cross when they're emptying clips into enemies only to find out that they're shadows, or ignoring shadows only to find out that they were enemies when terrify wears off and they get killed by them.

And they didn't address any of Nekros' problems with SotD. A rather disappointing numbers only buff.

Problems:

-Have to constantly pick targets, very counter intuitive to game play. An army of Corrupted Crewman is useless compared to even an army of Lancers.

-Have to charge ultimate by killing (promotes aggressive play style, but still has to pick targets for anything half good which is very inconvenient)

-2.5x damage sounds nice and all until you realize SotD units frequently adopt a take cover strategy rather than an aggressive engage strategy.

-2.5x damage sounds nice and all until you realize that enemies have large health pools and low damage in comparison.

-SotD units appear to not have any armour (health bar is red), nothing mentioned about this?

-SotD units never follow Nekros, making it only worthwhile in defense type missions.

-2x HP only? What about shields?

-It's still very obscuring.

Incredibly boring buff. It might be viable now due the sheer numbers of the buffs especially with T4 damage multipliers, but it still has the glaring flaws SotD always had.

Terrify got some good changes though. Can be recast will help out a lot.

Edited by CapedBaldy