The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Feedback & Suggestions Thread

_Chaser

Mate im 27 ive played games since the atari, stealth does what it says on the tin. Yes being invisible can be defined as not being stealth but the concept is all the same (the enemy cant see you).

I stand by my words this is a cover coop game. Im not saying any of these ideas are not good and my refrence to nwo was just the most recent game that ive played that uses stealth.

ps; I own all of them games =/ and know exatly what stealth is, stay hidden, avoid making noise and using disguises etc etc.

Edit: dont own tenchu but played it many years ago.

noone force you to play stealthy, and you should not force people to play "cover coop". five years difference is not that essencial, tho i apologise for assuming that you are some young brat who got an idea of stealth from mmorpg.

space ninjas are meant to be ninjas.

and get some emulator and run tenchu 2 or tenchu Z..? even tho Z is kind of worst of series, controlls are enjoyable + game full of quite fast and agile mechanics that fit wf.

Edited by n7snk

STEALTH FEEDBACK & SUGGESTIONS THREAD

UPDATE 19-05-2013 major clean up of implemented features and rework on reward system idea.

----------------------------------------------------------------

STEALTH REWARD SYSTEM (end mission bonus)

if person completed whole mission undetected he recieve good xp + credits bonus wih penalties based on:

1) amount of enemies killed.

2) amount of alarms triggered. if person triggered more then 2 alarms he would not recieve end mission bonus.

3) if alarm(s) was/were longer then some ammount of time player don't recieve end mission stealth bonus at all.

this way player would not be able to get bonus turning off alarm in the end of mission.

all three together should prevent farming stealth bonus.

misc breakdowns / bugs

1) we need to be able to hack terminals to turn alert off.

2) decrease the amount of spawning enemies while undetected

3) doors should open from further distance

3) ash skills should not cause alarm

4) make banshee sonar to show all enemies in ONE section PER USE.

5) Loki and Ash invisibility should cloak the Sentinel too

6) shade being detected while crouching. make enemies ignore shade while owner is crouching.

7) alarm is triggered instantly if location is damaged ship

8) alarm may get triggered even if there is no visual contact with tenno

9) can't perform stealth kills on bosses like captain Vor, even if you reach him completely undetected.

http://youtu.be/UjnVry0EqqY?t=10m55s

10) can't perform stealth kills on shield lancers

11) when client perform stealth kill he get spoted (range increased) MP STEALTH IS BROKEN BECAUSE OF IT. occurs quite often.

12) when guard see something suspicious he run straight to console or cover instead of investigating.

13) there is no stealth kills stat on end mission screen

14) Stealth kills could have a counter in your profile.

15) If you engage in a fight, the enemies on the next room will go to a cover and wait until you enter the room. These enemies become semi-alerted but don't go back to safe state and getting stuck next to wall

misc suggestions

1) flashlight - being able to turn off warframe's flashlight to decrease chance of spoting

2) silent sidearms - crossbow / dual crossbows / throwable knives that don't impale enemies to walls, with curve trajectory

3) level restart option in solo.- just one more button in menu to restart level

4) being able to hang on edges http://youtu.be/cUDGMUJkJeY?t=3m47s

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

best of stealth videos:

n7snk

newgame stealth playlist

xRoguex

200% stealth

100% stealth

I don't agree with number 12, which is '12) when guard see something suspicious he run straight to console or cover instead of investigating.' Why don't you want to let the enemies investigate, that will give the suspense to the game if you are going to get caught or not, but just making them go to the console, that's not quite fair, that will just ruin the whole mission if you are doing a stealth mission.

I don't know if anyone has said this but I actually would love if Light was a big part of how to stealth in this game. Much like Splinter Cell how they did that. Seeing as when you do Sabatoge missions and destroy the reactor you cut the power off everything. Also Some abilities like Volt's Ultimate actually destroy lights! I would love to see that implimented to make Stealth much more of an obtainable option rather than luck in most cases seeing as most rooms are really big and don't provide much cover.

I don't agree with number 12, which is '12) when guard see something suspicious he run straight to console or cover instead of investigating.' Why don't you want to let the enemies investigate, that will give the suspense to the game if you are going to get caught or not, but just making them go to the console, that's not quite fair, that will just ruin the whole mission if you are doing a stealth mission.

we indeed want to enemies to investigate first instead of running straight to console. this is on bugs/breakdowns list

I was thinking of there being a Vault - only accessible if the alarm isn't active and after hacking a couple of difficult terminals. 

The vaults would contain things like resources, materials, and possibly even mods. It'd be a medium room with many special containers. 

The vaults would be randomly placed, with Lotus giving you a message as well as placing a secondary objective once you are close enough to the room. 

This would possibly give a more tangible reward for stealth play outside of just bonus exp. Especially since you won't be killing as much enemies and getting as much loot as just straight up killing otherwise. 

I was thinking of there being a Vault - only accessible if the alarm isn't active and after hacking a couple of difficult terminals. 

The vaults would contain things like resources, materials, and possibly even mods. It'd be a medium room with many special containers. 

The vaults would be randomly placed, with Lotus giving you a message as well as placing a secondary objective once you are close enough to the room. 

This would possibly give a more tangible reward for stealth play outside of just bonus exp. Especially since you won't be killing as much enemies and getting as much loot as just straight up killing otherwise. 

it would nto work out well. you can get reward from there and just go run & gun. only end-mission rewards exclude farming

Never heard about it ' -' The only mod that i could think to help in stealth is Enemy Sense and Thief's Wit.

If don't know the Shade mod Ghost, it could be confused with something of stealth.

Edited by Probta16

STEALTH FEEDBACK & SUGGESTIONS THREAD

UPDATE 19-05-2013 major clean up of implemented features and rework on reward system idea.

STEALTH REWARD SYSTEM (end mission bonus)

if person completed whole mission undetected he recieve good xp + credits bonus wih penalties based on:

1) amount of enemies killed.

2) amount of alarms triggered. if person triggered more then 2 alarms he would not recieve end mission bonus.

3) if alarm(s) was/were longer then some ammount of time player don't recieve end mission stealth bonus at all.

this way player would not be able to get bonus turning off alarm in the end of mission.

all three together should prevent farming stealth bonus.

Just hoping that this game dosen't become MGS ( don't get me wrong i love the series as much as RabbidLuigi) i really hope that the stealth bonus dosen't tie in with the real end level reward

Just hoping that this game dosen't become MGS ( don't get me wrong i love the series as much as RabbidLuigi) i really hope that the stealth bonus dosen't tie in with the real end level reward

We are aware of it and don't want.

There are other things wrong with WARFRAME that make stealth missions too difficult.

1) Spawn camping.

Sometimes an enemy will spawn camp. There are too many enemies in the spawn room. I think it should be an empty room. Sometimes second you jump out of the air duct they see you and set off the alarm.

2)Unrealistic spawning.

It is really annoying when you have just cleared a room of enemies and when you move on to the next room you get detected by a respawned enemy in the room you just cleared. There should be a mechanic that declares a room "dead" when you kill all enemies in it and ends the spawning,.

There are other things wrong with WARFRAME that make stealth missions too difficult.

1) Spawn camping.

Sometimes an enemy will spawn camp. There are too many enemies in the spawn room. I think it should be an empty room. Sometimes second you jump out of the air duct they see you and set off the alarm.

2)Unrealistic spawning.

It is really annoying when you have just cleared a room of enemies and when you move on to the next room you get detected by a respawned enemy in the room you just cleared. There should be a mechanic that declares a room "dead" when you kill all enemies in it and ends the spawning,.

The spawn are kinda broke.

I never had a instant spot after enter a mission since from update 7. Unless there is fire on the mission so the enemies are already alert of your presence.

The spawn in cleared rooms are interesting. It push you forward don't letting you have a safe place for wait the enemies come and kill.

how about implementing the option to cut the power in certain mission and adding an inferred vision mod? Kinda out there but could be cool.

Would be cool but how exactly it would work? Like you would use it to create a distraction or make some enemies change their patrol route to check out.

Edit: That explosive barrel could fill this role. The enemies find normal if some barrel explode. Just need a simple change on it and could be useful in our stealth runs.

Edited by Probta16

I don't agree with more bonus XP for a stealth approach, it suggests that stealth is the "correct" way to play. I do agree with making stealth more viable though, but don't make it so stealth is the hands down statistically best approach.

I especially agree with point #6, it would be a great motivator for stealth, but in that case there should be an XP bonus to balance out what you'd lose for not fighting waves of enemies.

I definatly agree i prefer runnin'n'gunnin sometimes and stealth some others depends on your preferance. I think that there should be a balancer. EXAMPLE: If i killed enough enemies with headshots i get bonus exp, if i kill enough enemies with melee i get bonus exp, if i killed enough enemies with stealth kills (Paris kills should count) i get a bonus. This would also apply to sliding,wall running, etc