Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Feedback & Suggestions Thread

_Chaser

I want two things.

Toggle crouch.

Shade cloaks when player crouches mod. Then cloaks the player in the same capacity it does now.

There is a toggle crouch in the options. You have to bind it though. Go to the key bindings and look around. You'll find it.

maybe they can add a lean against wall shoot around edge thing like with dark sector. probably allow a stealth kill from hiding/leaning against wall from around the corner. but then again, i know how everyone will be like "thats way too op"... i dont know, youd generally think with ninjas, this should be more stealth based. but then again.... wouldnt work seeing as how some of the warframe skills are very showy, hahas. and we dont get to stealth kill/assassinate in silence enemies, but instead "stealth attack" them. so.... eh.... stealth in this game would be very nice, but with how some of the things are in this game.... just wont work.... unless they give each warframes some skills specifically for stealth. but who knows...

and alot of the weapons have loud firing, unless they give a mod for silencing or muffling the sound. like probably silencers for pistols and snipers but mufflers for the shotguns and rifles? i dont know...

Edited by VoidWraith

-I heard the Devs in a live-stream saying they didn't want instant stealth kills in this game and I sighed.-
Just adding my voice the rigorous amounts of people who want "Stealth kills" instead of "Stealth attacks", it's what makes stealth feel crisp and rewarding in a game before you even get to the XP rewards and other stuff. The entire foundation of Tenchu (Which people keep mentioning, I see.) is that you instantly kill someone you have an "unalerted" advantage over, this makes stealth feel IMMENSELY satisfying. (IMO.)

I love the idea of XP bonus for stealth kills and the end of mission rewards for stealth.
I was thinking of that stuff and that's why I came to the forums in the first place.
I concur. Yes.
Make stealth worth something, please.

I was mulling around stealth oriented main missions.
You got your "Defense" missions that require you to stay alerted the whole time, why not have your "Deception" missions be completely stealthy or you fail? With alert phases more clearly defined and the other suggestions in this thread, that'd be cool.
It would break the chore of carrying the "Payload" in another mission type, and would solidify the whole sabotage of their flight route.
(If a ninja/samurai is knocking down the Grineer's door and they haven't noticed they've changed direction, it's a little special on their part...)

Among other things I would like an alert status bar in the HUD somewhere, just something that shows me what the heck the alert is at. If someone can see me and they're going for the alarm, I would like the omnipotence in a HUD-feature that tells me to freak out and kill that guy quick. Not where he is, but that he's around.
While I'm on HUD, somewhere near that bar show me my melee weapon's current Affinity and Rank. That's not for this thread, but it's more-or-less worth mentioning since melee affects stealth so much.

People are also talking about mods.
Silencers- Not a fan of the idea, but I understand creating new models/textures/etc for --let's say-- a Lato with a long black tube at the end of it, is probably a lot more work than making a mod that only messes with the sound sample and a mathematical value. Just make sure you reduce power or range to compensate for silencing a weapon, I see games throw on silencers willy-nilly as a straight upgrade and it bothers me, but I realize in mod form it would be really hard to balance mod cost for something that is a side-grade. Would really prefer the effort of an altogether new gun for this honestly, you could dull out any mistakes from being made mod-side, I think you're having some RNG complaints at the moment for all that anyway.
Footfall noise- Really no issue for me at the moment, I play a Volt with a maxed Speed mod and I can run past a whole room of guys if Shade cloaks me at the right time.
Mob collision- If I connect with a bad guy physically and brush his butt with my hand for instance, he should detect me and smack me in the face with his gun. Currently in the game he does not. This is abuse-able with further stealth improvements.
Crouching- I can't really crouch behind anything to hide myself, I have an issue with there being little to no "crouch-behindable" cover. Being a freaking Ninja, I would like to hide.
Cover- That said, please do not implement a stick-to-cover button or mechanics, I like the game as is with that. I've seen far too many glitches that need to be worked out because of things like that and it really slows down the pace of the game hugging a wall. It doesn't work well in my experience, even in games like Metal Gear, Tenchu, and Splinter Cell. It's all free-form movement really.

I mentioned Shade, Sentinels are important to a Tenno's setup, let's discuss that too.
Cloaks- Cloaks should only activate while an enemy cannot see you. Any cloak should effect both Sentinel and Warframe and lock them under a "out of combat" status until a Tenno attacks or a timer dispels the cloak. For multi-player, just losing line-of-sight and an ally getting "aggro" should really be enough. Alert states shouldn't affect cloaking, just awareness specifically leaning toward you.
Weapons- Needs to be a key-bind to change whether or not the Sentinel attacks, like a toggle, if there is such a thing I'm oblivious to it. Silencer mods or switchable weapons can be avoided this way, allowing the Sentinel to stay unique and not just a "Oh, this one looks cool" situation.
Mods- Get rid of Shade's Revenge mod for the above reason. (And any other mod like that if there are.) Nothing else otherwise.

First post on the forums.
Thanks for reading, Warframe is a great game and could easily be one of my favourites.
Please continue to make this game awesome.
That is all.

Edits: Are for spelling and to clear up any issues with how I worded stuff.

Edited by DeonXela

-I heard the Devs in a live-stream saying they didn't want instant stealth kills in this game and I sighed.-
Just adding my voice the rigorous amounts of people who want "Stealth kills" instead of "Stealth attacks", it's what makes stealth feel crisp and rewarding in a game before you even get to the XP rewards and other stuff. The entire foundation of Tenchu (Which people keep mentioning, I see.) is that you instantly kill someone you have an "unalerted" advantage over, this makes stealth feel IMMENSELY satisfying. (IMO.)

I love the idea of XP bonus for stealth kills and the end of mission rewards for stealth.
I was thinking of that stuff and that's why I came to the forums in the first place.
I concur. Yes.
Make stealth worth something, please.

I was mulling around stealth oriented main missions.
You got your "Defense" missions that require you to stay alerted the whole time, why not have your "Spy" missions be completely stealthy or you fail? With alert phases more clearly defined and the other suggestions in this thread, that'd be cool.
It would break the chore of carrying the "Payload" in another mission type, and would solidify the whole sabotage of their flight route.
(If a ninja/samurai is knocking down the Grineer's door and they haven't noticed they've changed direction, it's a little special on their part...)

Among other things I would like an alert status bar in the HUD somewhere, just something that shows me what the heck the alert is at. If someone can see me and they're going for the alarm, I would like the omnipotence in a HUD-feature that tells me to freak out and kill that guy quick. Not where he is, but that he's around.
While I'm on HUD, somewhere near that bar show me my melee weapon's current Affinity and Rank. That's not for this thread, but it's more-or-less worth mentioning since melee affects stealth so much.

People are also talking about mods.
Silencers- Not a fan of the idea, but I understand creating new models/textures/etc for --let's say-- a Lato with a long black tube at the end of it, is probably a lot more work than making a mod that only messes with the sound sample and a mathematical value. Just make sure you reduce power or range to compensate for silencing a weapon, I see games throw on silencers willy-nilly as a straight upgrade and it bothers me, but I realize in mod form it would be really hard to balance mod cost for something that is a side-grade. Would really prefer the effort of an altogether new gun for this honestly, you could dull out any mistakes from being made mod-side, I think you're having some RNG complaints at the moment for all that anyway.
Footfall noise- Really no issue for me at the moment, I play a Volt with a maxed Speed mod and I can run past a whole room of guys if Shade cloaks me at the right time.
Mob collision- If I connect with a bad guy physically and brush his butt with my hand for instance, he should detect me and smack me in the face with his gun. Currently in the game he does not. This is abuse-able with further stealth improvements.
Crouching- I can't really crouch behind anything to hide myself, I have an issue with there being little to no "crouch-behindable" cover. Being a freaking Ninja, I would like to hide.
Cover- That said, please do not implement a stick-to-cover button or mechanics, I like the game as is with that. I've seen far too many glitches that need to be worked out because of things like that and it really slows down the pace of the game hugging a wall. It doesn't work well in my experience, even in games like Metal Gear, Tenchu, and Splinter Cell. It's all free-form movement really.

I mentioned Shade, Sentinels are important to a Tenno's setup, let's discuss that too.
Cloaks- Cloaks should only activate while an enemy cannot see you. Any cloak should effect both Sentinel and Warframe and lock them under a "out of combat" status until a Tenno attacks or a timer dispels the cloak. For multi-player, just losing line-of-sight and an ally getting "aggro" should really be enough. Alert states shouldn't affect cloaking, just awareness specifically leaning toward you.
Weapons- Needs to be a key-bind to change whether or not the Sentinel attacks, like a toggle, if there is such a thing I'm oblivious to it. Silencer mods or switchable weapons can be avoided this way, allowing the Sentinel to stay unique and not just a "Oh, this one looks cool" situation.
Mods- Get rid of Shade's Revenge mod for the above reason. (And any other mod like that if there are.) Nothing else otherwise.

First post on the forums.
Thanks for reading, Warframe is a great game and could easily be one of my favourites.
Please continue to make this game awesome.
That is all.

Edits: Are for spelling and to clear up any issues with how I worded stuff.

at the moment view switching doesnt help with the shooting, the warframe doesnt switch hand/position of their gun so that it can shoot around corners. i dont mind if the DEs/DEVs dont want to put in the lean against wall thing, thats fine. and yes i know that alot of people like to be able to rush through things. the problem is the DEs are trying to balance the speed of the game with how stealth will work with this game. in one livestream, even the DEs voiced how they didnt like rushers blowing past missions so fast, hence the double man locked door. but even that doesnt help, because there can be like 3 people who rushes and 1 person who wants to loot. everyone rages at the one whose different from eachother, more so if the make up of the team has more than either of the type of players (rushers/looters). i wouldnt mind if they put even more locks in place, like a 4-man lock, but we all know the rusher players will b@#%h and complain. there was also the idea of someone putting some kind of kick/dc for any person who lags behind (already lots of complaints on this from the looters), but that involves too much host migration issues. the DEs say that they want to work mor eon the stealth, but there is no real reward for doing stealth. once the entire ship is alerted, its like every player has a tracking device on them and theres no way to disable or turn off the alerts. theres also no interaction between the enemies and the consoles they use. all they have to do is stand in front of it, and the alert is activated. customization is severely limited to mods and some melee weapon skins, and headgear skins but nothing else. while this game is still in beta, it leaves ALOT of things to be addressed. doesnt help much that the entire company is busy with E3 as well.

Maybe some stealthy detours? Some more vents/below the grates areas in the ship would be nice.

EDIT: problem with the ai, not sure If bug or not. Me and an irl friend are sneaking around. We plan to backstab two Lancers. As I walk up to mine it sees my friend. It proceeds to do a 180 and shoot me in the face.

Edited by GunmanRex

Completing stealth objectives in a mission could reward you with mods that support stealth gameplay.

Based on how many stealth objectives you complete, the reward increases in rarity and makes stealth

gameplay easier and more interesting.

Common Stealth Mods will be rewarded for easy stealth objectives such as killing an amount of unalerted enemies,

taking longer stealth routes or deactivating the alarm. You should be able to get the Common Stealth reward in a public

game to get an introduction and easier access to stealth gameplay.

These Common Stealh Mods will help you learn more about stealth gameplay, like showing the field of vision of enemies

or highlighting stealth passages or other stealth objectives on your minimap. The cost to equip these mods should be low,

so you can still have your standard non-stealth warframe build. Most of these mods will not be necessary for advanced

stealth gameplay.

Uncommon Stealth Mods will be rewarded for standard stealth missions where you complete several objectives of the

Common Stealth category and get to extraction without any alert terminals on the ship being active. It should be very very

unlikely without the whole squad playing stealthy, to get the Uncommon Stealth Reward in a public game.

Uncommon Stealth Mods will enhance your stealth abilities to make gameplay more fluent. Increased movement speed

while crouching, reduced noise on stealth kills, or camouflage that decreases detection range or adds a delay until you are detected.

The Uncommon Stealth Reward should also give you a Stealth Warframe Ability, that replaces or changes an existing ability, so that

it can be used in stealth missions. EVERY Warframe gets one stealth ability. Volt could destroy cameras and lightsources with an

EMP and prevent alert terminals from activating. Saryn surrounds herself in a paralyzing poison cloud that reduces detection range

and movement speed of enemies if you get closer to them until they are completely paralyzed. Vauban lays invisible traps. Loki

disguises himself as his target. Ember distracts enemies with Fireworks and so on...

These Mods should have a high cost to equip. You probaly have to unequip most of your defensive mods.

Rare Stealth Mods will be rewarded for a 100% stealth completed mission.There should be slightly different rewards for complete extermination, no enemies killed or only assassination target killed, based on the mission type. Most of the

time Uncommon Stealth Mods will be necessary or at least of great help to get a 100% stealth mission.

The Rare Stealth Mods will make stealth gameplay a lot of fun. They focus on kills and movement. Increased range for stealth assassinations, very fast animation for stealth assassinations,drop assassinations, press crouch to stick to walls while wallrunning (no more sliding down the wall, after vertical wallrun) with this you are no longer bound to the ground and can take your time to find a good sniping spot for your silent weapon. It also gives the ability to wallrun, stop, look around, continue wallrun or jumping to another wall.

The cost of these mods is very high. An unpotato'd warframe won't have enough mod space to fit defenses, or even max ranked sprint speed and stamina mods together with these.

Big ol' stealthy snip

Sounds nice, I tend to find mods for whatever weapon I have, whether it be my secondary weapon or primary. Seems natural you get stealth mods for stealth. What should these do? Make your frame harder to spot?

at the moment view switching doesnt help with the shooting, the warframe doesnt switch hand/position of their gun so that it can shoot around corners. i dont mind if the DEs/DEVs dont want to put in the lean against wall thing, thats fine. and yes i know that alot of people like to be able to rush through things. the problem is the DEs are trying to balance the speed of the game with how stealth will work with this game. in one livestream, even the DEs voiced how they didnt like rushers blowing past missions so fast, hence the double man locked door. but even that doesnt help, because there can be like 3 people who rushes and 1 person who wants to loot. everyone rages at the one whose different from eachother, more so if the make up of the team has more than either of the type of players (rushers/looters). i wouldnt mind if they put even more locks in place, like a 4-man lock, but we all know the rusher players will b@#%h and complain. there was also the idea of someone putting some kind of kick/dc for any person who lags behind (already lots of complaints on this from the looters), but that involves too much host migration issues. the DEs say that they want to work mor eon the stealth, but there is no real reward for doing stealth. once the entire ship is alerted, its like every player has a tracking device on them and theres no way to disable or turn off the alerts. theres also no interaction between the enemies and the consoles they use. all they have to do is stand in front of it, and the alert is activated. customization is severely limited to mods and some melee weapon skins, and headgear skins but nothing else. while this game is still in beta, it leaves ALOT of things to be addressed. doesnt help much that the entire company is busy with E3 as well.

There were a lot of people in this thread that suggested the matchmaking system in place have improvements such as filters for players who wish to loot, stealth, rush, etc.

I would love if they can add more ways to performer the stealth kill. For example, you can do stealth kill from the sides or above ur enemy. Or you can do stealth kill for two or more enemy at the same time. Maybe it can be done through levelling up system just like any other skill. I mean they are NINJAS after all 

Even De saying that instant-kill on stealth is not a good idea, I keep asking my self, how the heck are we suppose to, Stealth Kill high level enemies? Let's go to Eris, or even Pluto, where most of enemies in first place CAN'T EVEN BE Stealth Attacked (or easly done in the case of infested). MOAS, Shield Lancers, Grinner Powerfists and so other Enemies CAN'T BE STEALTH ATTACKED, I'm putting this on caps because people tend to ignore this thing and it is been since Stealth Attack got into this game. The first time I tried I thought it was a bug then I reloaded the game, and still happens, then I noticed that DE simply didn't want to put those enemies to be stealth attacked (reason? I don't know)

But, back to Stealth Kill Instantly (Melee Only) on Warframe: You guys may think "Oh that's too much overpowered! You will kill heavy enemies in one shot" Yeah that's true, but try to kill an enemy when he is not alone (what usually happens) with or without a shade (doesn't matter anymore, since shade's bug of cloak has been fixed, now when you stealth attack and enemy, the cloak ends, even with other enemies around, so yeah you can't spam stealth attacks as you could before). Now, the first things first

1º Stealth is based on what? Not being alerted and kill swiftly. Things that in Warframe are waaaay out of manage on high leve missions (for both points) and low level missions (For being un-alerted). Even for hardcore gamers that has done some missions on stealth, already posted that warframe stealth ISN'T Stealth, is just a walk/stop/aim/shoot continue or walk/wait/pass/continue situation. Or in other cases, run/destroy(before they can reach the alarm)/continue.

2º Stealth Weapons: Those weapons have being put on the game and working (so far) at a medium situation, Paris/Dread are awesome weapons, but unreliable on high level missions (Who knew? You can't always one shot a lvl 40 grinner crewman that easly, even with all mods.) Kunai: Fast and "precise" for the right players, but again, medium-to-high level missions those toys became useless for stealth and become just another auto-pistol with a high damage output on headshots. Snipers: Well, I'm not even gonna say about those...

3º Forma in Stealth gameplay: Forma has been an plus for weapons since they got introduced, in first I thought "oh okay a reset option" but then I realized their true potential to make a melee or ranged weapon a monster. A Paris/Dread with two or even three formas can go to full freaking damage on serrartion/all elemental mods/piercing hit/vital sense/split chamber what means you can really put out those high level kills on stealth, but only if you give your life in trade, because let's face it, upgrade a serration past +105% Damage is almost impossible and really really expensive (money is not the problem the problem is the amount of mods/duplicates/fusions needed to do that).

On melee weapons forma can be used to Max all damage kinds plus crit and speed of course much more easier then weapons because you don't have 10 levels on Pressure point or Killing Blow, or even on Organ Shatter. But I need to put a point here about stealth attacks: They count as a full charged attack critical, okay, BUT it is not counting elemental mods, armor piercing and Organ-Shatter mod, the only mod that stealth attack adds to the calculation is Killing Blow because it adds a raw +150% Charged Attack Damage. So yeah with a Full Killing Blow your dark sword will be hitting on stealth attack, around 625 damage. A nice output but usuless to kill high level mobs or shielded mobs. DE REALLY need to fix that and make Stealth Attacks Count ALL DAMAGE MODS on it, not even organ shatter that add +90% Critical Damage on Crits are being add to the calculation of the damage. So the fix could be, make stealth attacks count every goddamn MOD on the weapon and boost a little more of the damage (I don't know, make it ignore armor and shield after all you are jumping at the enemies back and slicing it's throat, or piercing HIS SPINE with a sword!!) 

OR

Make Stealth Attack Kills instantly (not the best idea but one way to make it)

Well that was my post about stealth once again... It is a little mix of rage and points that I gathered on data mining in-game.

TL;DR - Well Then go back and read because it is worth it you sly .-.

There were a lot of people in this thread that suggested the matchmaking system in place have improvements such as filters for players who wish to loot, stealth, rush, etc.

yes it could work. it can also work against them too. doesnt take much for players to troll eachother. some people suggested a kick/vote system, and that can be abused as well....

i dont know why DEs are making stealth kills not an option, i know it can be abused but at the same time it promotes stealth play, you dont have to do it if you dont want to, lols.

they also need to fix the detection bug. cuz once one person is detected, everyone else is detected.. like our gps is turned on and they know where we are until the room is cleared or the whole ship is alerted and its a survival until objective is complete and you escape at the end point...

This may have already been said, I haven't found it in the other pages but really Grineer/Corpus should have to be at a terminal for at least 1-2 seconds before an alert is triggered. I have tested this and a Grineer was 2m from the consol before my Dread pinned him, he still managed to trigger it. Perhaps he hit the "Alert" button as he flew past?

Basically it's impossible in the current state to maintain stealth as Alerts are permanent, which is alright but it shouldn't be so easy to have an alert triggered. It's more fun to "almost" get caught and stop them.

This may have already been said, I haven't found it in the other pages but really Grineer/Corpus should have to be at a terminal for at least 1-2 seconds before an alert is triggered. I have tested this and a Grineer was 2m from the consol before my Dread pinned him, he still managed to trigger it. Perhaps he hit the "Alert" button as he flew past?

Basically it's impossible in the current state to maintain stealth as Alerts are permanent, which is alright but it shouldn't be so easy to have an alert triggered. It's more fun to "almost" get caught and stop them.

In large room this is possible. Is logic the alert be something easy a fast to trigger. But i understand that it make things kinda harder and discouraging, so we suggested the option to turn off the alert.

The Tenno are ment to be intelligence gatherers, right? I wouldn't mind a bit more intelligence on missions beyond what faction I'm fighting.

I know I'm going to be fighting Grineer, but will I just be fighting grunts, or can I expect a few Heavy Gunners or a Commander or two?

Before dumping me into an enemy compound I would like to know where the objective and extraction are in relation to my insertion point.

How much resistance can I expect? Is the compound heavily manned, or can I expect a skeleton crew?

Maybe I'm just being nit-picky, but I'm getting really sick of being sent into missions completely blind.

The Tenno are ment to be intelligence gatherers, right? I wouldn't mind a bit more intelligence on missions beyond what faction I'm fighting.

I know I'm going to be fighting Grineer, but will I just be fighting grunts, or can I expect a few Heavy Gunners or a Commander or two?

Before dumping me into an enemy compound I would like to know where the objective and extraction are in relation to my insertion point.

How much resistance can I expect? Is the compound heavily manned, or can I expect a skeleton crew?

Maybe I'm just being nit-picky, but I'm getting really sick of being sent into missions completely blind.

I know what you mean. Lotus seems to have a constant monitor if the whole place, yet never tells you of anything other then what to do.

It's not so worth since we don't know exactly how they will improve stealth in the game.

But those points that I mentioned were always there, since they implemented Stealth Gameplay. And that's a feedback about it, since U7 where stealth has been put in the game, there were a lot of problems with it and DE simply didn't cared. Enemies that can't be stealth attacked and so many other points that I mentioned on my post. And the main problem that were always there, you can't properly stealth play this game. We manage to do our ways where "stealth" is more like, kill first ask later but more quickly so they can't manage to get the alarm or Don't kill anyone and past walking with your Shade's Cloak or even Loki/Ash Invisibility .-.

But those points that I mentioned were always there, since they implemented Stealth Gameplay. And that's a feedback about it, since U7 where stealth has been put in the game, there were a lot of problems with it and DE simply didn't cared. Enemies that can't be stealth attacked and so many other points that I mentioned on my post. And the main problem that were always there, you can't properly stealth play this game. We manage to do our ways where "stealth" is more like, kill first ask later but more quickly so they can't manage to get the alarm or Don't kill anyone and past walking with your Shade's Cloak or even Loki/Ash Invisibility .-.

Exactly, but the last thing they said about stealth is that they are thinking in create stealth type missions. Make me think that they are looking to a easy way that will not affect the actual game mechanics.

~Suggestions~

1. Buff the Loot Radar warframe mod, It currently only shows storage containers and resource bundles on the ground. If it is truly going to be a "Loot Radar" it should show lockers and mods on the ground.

2. Melee weapons, Tonfa. Bladed/Energy/Stun Tonfa? Basically any type of Tonfa would be a cool melee weapon idea in my opinion. Scimitar(s)? Spade/Combat Shovel? 

3. The ability to hold out your melee weapon, gain its HUD bottom right and click to shoot. Like hold E then hit some un-used button like H.

4. Throwing cards, needles or shuriken: cards could be charge for spread throw, needles could be charge for a multiple line shot and shuriken could be charged for a vertical line of 3 for an ideal head/body/leg hit all at once for a silent kill. Maybe needles arc less and shuriken arc more.

5. More shotgun types, maybe different ammo mods like buckshot and such. More LMGs as we only have on in game.

6. Silencers? Make them very hard to obtain, and I do mean very hard.

I feel that every tenno should have an ability that they can use to see enemies and their fields of view for a small amount of time. Something for users that would prefer to use stealth play. Or just change it so the enemy radar mod gets this bonus at some point. 

I'm looking through this thread and mostly seeing ideas about extra xp for stealth kills, less alert triggering or permanently disabling alerts being talked about; Because there is an assumption that if you intend to play stealthy you'll kill less things or want to take a more passive approach..

Here's a thought, I don't play a game about futuristic space ninjas for the scenery. I love stealthy gameplay that allows you to slaughter many and continue to utilise stealth constantly. Alien verses Predator and Assassins Creed for example. But I get that the Metal Gear Solid style is very popular also, trying to stay undetected at all times and only removing obstacles when necessary.

So how about some ideas that cater to both styles?

'Death from the shadows' gameplay; I will move through the level unseen, engage from hiding and kill the enemies of the Tenno and vanish again only to manoeuvre myself into position to ambush more enemies.

'The unseen presence' gameplay; I will move through the mission carefully and quietly only dispatching those who would give away my position and attempt to complete the objectives of the Tenno without giving away our presence.

So perhaps we need to look at ideas that allow a Tenno to be able to disappear again after being spotted or the alert being signalled, because yes we want to be stealthy, but some of us want to kill a lot of enemies while we do it.

Alert ideas (Because I don't think outright stopping alerts is the answer); No longer lasting the whole mission once triggered, limited duration, perhaps till all the 'Alert spawned forces' are killed or evade detection for a duration until the alert is cancelled and the 'Alert forces' leave the area.. Being able to hack the local computers to disable the alert and 'reset' it.

Stealth mods (Plug and play stealth); Perhaps if not global stealth changes, create mods that allow for a much easier time of stealth gameplay? Mods to allow hacking to disable alerts? Mods to make passive invisibility permanent (like dancing around an enemy with the Shade sentinel) until attacking etc. Mods that make you harder to detect/spot. Mods that make non-stealth weapons silent.

These are just a few ideas, but I think it's more important to put the concept of more that one stealth style out there. If you think you could find the mood to play both ways, or prefer one or the other then let's hear it. Discuss.

just wanted to add my two cents in here, how about adding a bit more environmental objects to draw the enemies attention away?
I do stealth runs quite often these days because its fun but it does need tweaking, for example this one time I was on a stealth run and I was still undetected and I shoot a barrel quite a fair distance away from me and what do ya think happens
IT ALERTED ALL THE ENEMIES IN THE ROOM, they knew exactly where I was and everything my stealth run came to an end just because I shot a barrel

Oh, also something that would be cool is like a visibility indicator for hiding in shadows and stuff for stealth so you can take advantage of all the dark areas that are in the game.

Edited by grillv20