Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Feedback & Suggestions Thread

_Chaser

In the solo tread so many speak of the fact that

Warframe is a class game, and we need to use the right

Frame for the right job.

Although i dont agree fully, the class aspect is very fuzzy.

I do imagine that only light frames ,

LOKI, ASH, BANSHEE, am i missing some?

, would be then considered for a stealth mission.

This is a possible route for DE, depending on how they

Will build on the game pending its PS4 release.

How do you all feel about this? This would essentially bw

Like Class based alerts or missions.

Want to be a spy? Better get the frame and leave the guns at home.

Right now there are some missions where you go in to do a raid and Lotus tells you "Change of plans, leave nothing alive," right? Well the stealth missions could quite easily work like that. One objective for stealth, another if you get seen.

An assassination where you can only get your target (who would drop items similar to bosses) if you can get to him unseen. If you are seen he leaves the base and you fall back on kill everything.

A rescue where they kill the target if they know you're inbound.

Or, how about a data core collection where if you're spotted, you have to chase down a mid-level grunt or even commander-class to retrieve the data before he gets away?

Now for me, that would make the game brilliant :D It would be down to skill and luck to get the mission done within parameters and really opens up the parkour aspect - you could have a difficult route via parkour or an easier route with much higher enemy activity. Definitely no spray'n'pray/hit 4 to win, you have to think, plan, execute and react fast.

Stealth currently is horribly unbalanced. Unless you play as Loki, Ash or Banshee it's hard to do a full mission on stealth. For me there are rooms in all the missions where there are just a bit too much mooks. And shade is horrible at cloaking yiu when it really needs to do it (but sometimes you still can run through a level almost completely invisible). The grineer somehow seem better at detecting you than the corpus, but the corpus tend to send out a ridiculous level of moas and ospreys, if you're detected in the later levels. And I've yet to see a random PuG that tries to complete a mission on stealth (that, and the broken spawning system in this game).

DE need to remake the maps, fix the issues with spawning, add stealth mods and make a stealth run equally rewarding, when compared to a "harbinger of extermination" run.

I love stealth running. Currently I only do it on exterminate missions though as they are the only ones that don't penalise you for killing less - you know how many enemies there are to kill so it's just a case of getting them all, and for that I like to stealth them. Otherwise I try to stay reasonably stealthed until I get the objective then deliberately get seen I'f I haven't been so I can get the enemy count and potential drops to make the mission worthwhile

i just have a suggestion. void obtainable prime components such as (reaper prime, latron prime and paris prime) available from market as bundles like (reaperprime blueprint, reaper blade, reaper handle and 10 orokin cells) for ___platinum that would surely make you some money.
Edited by SeaMan

I love stealth running. Currently I only do it on exterminate missions though as they are the only ones that don't penalise you for killing less - you know how many enemies there are to kill so it's just a case of getting them all, and for that I like to stealth them. Otherwise I try to stay reasonably stealthed until I get the objective then deliberately get seen I'f I haven't been so I can get the enemy count and potential drops to make the mission worthwhile

But that's the thing: unless you want to prove to yourself/your buddies that you can do a mission in full stealth, there's no reason to not just gun down everything that does or does not move. But. Get a nice feeling of satisfaction, when I cleared a room, and no one knew about me, up to the point when my Hate breaks in their skull. Also stealth killing anything above 20 is a gamble, and anything above 25 is impossible.

Edited by Psychotoxin

i just have a suggestion. void obtainable prime components such as (reaper prime, latron prime and paris prime) available from market as bundles like (reaperprime blueprint, reaper blade, reaper handle and 10 orokin cells) for ___platinum that would surely make you some money.

How's this related to stealth?

Also that's a capital NO! That would defeat the purpose of running Void in the first place? And imagine how would you feel if you slaved at T3 Defense countless times, to get that Paris Prime and someone just droppped 10 bucks and got it from the shop?

Edited by Psychotoxin

Right now there are some missions where you go in to do a raid and Lotus tells you "Change of plans, leave nothing alive," right? Well the stealth missions could quite easily work like that. One objective for stealth, another if you get seen.

An assassination where you can only get your target (who would drop items similar to bosses) if you can get to him unseen. If you are seen he leaves the base and you fall back on kill everything.

A rescue where they kill the target if they know you're inbound.

Or, how about a data core collection where if you're spotted, you have to chase down a mid-level grunt or even commander-class to retrieve the data before he gets away?

Now for me, that would make the game brilliant :D It would be down to skill and luck to get the mission done within parameters and really opens up the parkour aspect - you could have a difficult route via parkour or an easier route with much higher enemy activity. Definitely no spray'n'pray/hit 4 to win, you have to think, plan, execute and react fast.

Yes, this is all great. Who knows, DE might be working on something like this to test on us soon :)

But that's the thing: unless you want to prove to yourself/your buddies that you can do a mission in full stealth, there's no reason to not just gun down everything that does or does not move. But. Get a nice feeling of satisfaction, when I cleared a room, and no one knew about me, up to the point when my Hate breaks in their skull. Also stealth killing anything above 20 is a gamble, and anything above 25 is impossible.

This is the big problem. Stealth is completely useless against high level enemies. Yesterday I tried to assasin a lvl 60 scorpion. I wasn't able to kill her and therefor everyone was alerted.

Можно побольше в игре стелса: темных углов, скрытных ударов, скрытных нападений из тех же темных углов

Думаю с таким добавлением будет игра пикантнее! (ведь мы все таки ниндзи тенно)

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Can be more stealth in the game: dark corners, secretive attacks, covert attacks from the same dark corners

I think with the addition of the game will be juicier! (after all, we are all the same Ninja Tenno)

Edited by Takashi1990

Cool idea(s). Maybe add a "stealth point" system which, with enough points, allows you to buy exclusive gear that is more centered around the "ninja" aspect of the game; like how Kunai/Hikou/Despair/Skana are the only real "ninja-esque" weapons in the game.

how about adding a stealh mission type instead of haveing all missions being a stealth mode option that shoud create a more balanced system, just a suggetion, it would also help prevent players who join from just rushing threw an killing everything unstealhly

We should be able to take cover behind objects and against walls.  When in cover we should be able to shot over the top of objects and around walls by peaking out.

nope! this would turn WF into a generic shooter. we should be able to shoot out lights and S#&$, to have a game of shadow arrangement, and then sneak through the shadows, without being detected...

Some friends and I were playing a match, I was Ash (I like stealth), one of my friends was Loki, my other two friends had Rhino and Volt. About 2 minutes in my Rhino friend triggers an alarm and gets me and the Loki (whom are sneaking around the fringe of the battle picking off targets) spotted even though the enemies have no idea we were there and they instantly turn on us. So we all came up with an idea that me being a founder could bring to the admin's attention. We devised an aggro mechanic so that say we are doing exterminate, the Rhino and Excalibur could rush in guns blazing and and instead of getting the WHOLE squad spotted only they get spotted, allowing the Loki and I to stalk the fringes while those Grenier have their backs turned dealing with the Rhino and Excalibur. Just an idea.

-AlbinoMonkeyOfDoom

Some friends and I were playing a match, I was Ash (I like stealth), one of my friends was Loki, my other two friends had Rhino and Volt. About 2 minutes in my Rhino friend triggers an alarm and gets me and the Loki (whom are sneaking around the fringe of the battle picking off targets) spotted even though the enemies have no idea we were there and they instantly turn on us. So we all came up with an idea that me being a founder could bring to the admin's attention. We devised an aggro mechanic so that say we are doing exterminate, the Rhino and Excalibur could rush in guns blazing and and instead of getting the WHOLE squad spotted only they get spotted, allowing the Loki and I to stalk the fringes while those Grenier have their backs turned dealing with the Rhino and Excalibur. Just an idea.

-AlbinoMonkeyOfDoom

the idea is a good one... just have to make DE notice this... and well, a lot of this thread...

-AlbinoMonkeyOfDoom

There could be a problem with the spawning mechanics then. Either the still-in-stealth players will see plopping enemies spawning around them when they are in another room what would kill the immerse of the game or DE decides to keep enemies to do that. But this may affect the gameplay: keep stealth players in nearby rooms and stop enemies from spawning or let them run too long ways.

In general it is a nice idea we just need a reasonable implementation.

To make stealth more appealable, perhaps the mod, sentinel route

would have some merit.

How about silence mod, a area silencer for gunfire masking.

mind wipe, area alertness to 0. Would give players time to move on, hide etc.

other sections would still be on hightened alert, meaning

tenno can sneak past guards but not stealth kill.

Grappling hook system for silent bypassing, and possibly spiderman swinging,.

xray through walls.

Distractinf sound sends guard investigating.

Use of the g key to mark enemies for kills or to track on minimap.

The list could probably listening be long.

To make stealth more appealable, perhaps the mod, sentinel route

would have some merit.

I agree on sentinel route-part. If they will not turn invisible, at least they could follow more the movement of the player. In example crouching, sentinel doesn't simply hover as high as it would be while standing.

AI's movement is too chaotic to be able to stealth

I mean, waiting 3 minutes for the AI to budge is unacceptable.

here's an example

Theres a door right, right

The AI opens and moves towards me... with 2 steps at THIRTY FRRFF SECONDS..

Combine that with the unending alert and we got an imposible melee stealth game

The AI routes should somehow favor it. being randomly generated .. I guess there will appear areas where its impossible, and maybe a fix will be found.. But nooooow, 5% working system ( so bad

guys i found out something interesting.

on first alert patrols seems to get reinforced

on second alarm it's ship wide alarm

on third alarm lockdown engaged.

need further testing and feedback

nm my bad no need in any alert stages testing. it works same way but if you kill enemy during alarm activation alarm will stop.

in any case i see that some of stealtha nimations were actually implemented.

thats a very good sign to me. 

still, patchfinding needs to be worked on. 

but yeah, i'm glad some steps in stealth are done. hopefully we will see a reward system. (if not implemented yet, need to test)

Edited by n7snk

guys i found out something interesting.

on first alert patrols seems to get reinforced

on second alarm it's ship wide alarm

on third alarm lockdown engaged.

need further testing and feedback

Well, i made some stealth runs yesterday but don't seemed like you said.

Do you considered the time of the animation for they to trigger the alarm?