Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Feedback & Suggestions Thread

_Chaser

the enemies do have to do somthing to "alert" the ship. 1 of them have to hit the consel (simulare like they do with lockdown) the issue is they hear gun shots 3 rooms away XD.

and if your on a corpose map and u get that award wait for camras to go green and then break them. it counts as an undeteced kill.

i would like the camras shifted a bit so u can bypass them without having to shoot them

the enemies do have to do somthing to "alert" the ship. 1 of them have to hit the consel (simulare like they do with lockdown) the issue is they hear gun shots 3 rooms away XD.

and if your on a corpose map and u get that award wait for camras to go green and then break them. it counts as an undeteced kill.

i would like the camras shifted a bit so u can bypass them without having to shoot them

Actually, they don't have to touch that panel ever for the alert to go all out crazy and stay permanently on high alert. Though usually one enemy does rush to a panel. Stopping them does not keep the alert from going to the worst possible. It currently seems to just be a rather nice detail. The computer voice will not say anything about the intrusion until one makes it to a panel.

As for the cameras, yeah I knew about that. It was one of the workarounds that I was referencing without giving it away. I don't think that should be the intended method of bypassing being on alert to get the stealth bonus.

because hitman always was about social stealth ...

Yeah well, but that is not what I meant with mentioning Hitman.

You can play Hitman without disguises (you get challenge done with this way) and kill as many as you want without penalties.

(silent kills + hide body = no penalty for non target kills)

Lots of nice mechanics can be seen for games like this are when you do your missions without disguise and you can get rid of alert even if you dont have disguise there.

I thing consumable smoke \ stun grenades \ flashbangs for those classes that don't have distraction skills it can be a greate help. It will give us more tactical options, even if we can have one or two those grenades per mission, and it's fair, Grineers killing me mostly with grenades! Mines and claymors can be use to vary gameplay options, and help killing monsters on higher difficulties.

Also I see now why stealth play needs its own XP rewards... Did mission (Infestation/Deception) without killing anything, got to the re-router without getting detected. After that just random zombie started to growl and I had to sprint the rest of the level.

Very enjoyable way to play this game, since those ancients can get quite troublesome.

So the point was that: No kills - No XP.

Edited by B42e

Eh, I'll throw in my own two cents and that's it because I haven't played Ash yet. In the current implementation, I do not see how they can make stealth work. The few times I've tried sneaking around, it just doesn't work. One - enemies in this game do not seem to be nearsighted like they are in nearly every other game which has stealth, this means if an enemy is facing me, he sees me, stealth broken. Two - mini-map doesn't show enemies and there is no way to peek around corners, so you can't stealth. Three - I assume stealth is only solo? Unless your whole team has agreed to stealth, I don't see how this would work in co-op. Those are my thoughts on the matter and I'll add more once I actually get around to trying Ash.

For now, I would say the game is fun as is but the devs either need to remove stealth entirely or improve it so it is viable.

In terms of Stealth and it's difficulty; I kinda like that they can actually see you from relatively far away. It indicates that they're not inherently stupid (Even though the AI itself may need a few "Forced" limitations to achieve said stupidity) and can notice when things are amiss. From experience though, I've been able to strafe around most Grineer, keeping a distance of around a corridor's width (Think as in a Section Gate area's Width), and I can evade them just fine.Then sneak up behind them and introduce them to good old Uncle Skana.

One thing I would like to see is the Grineer noticing when there's a big old Green and Purple Warframe hiding partially behind a fence. Colours and Camouflage could have varying degrees of effectiveness in different tilesets/"Rooms".

Eh, I'll throw in my own two cents and that's it because I haven't played Ash yet. In the current implementation, I do not see how they can make stealth work. The few times I've tried sneaking around, it just doesn't work. One - enemies in this game do not seem to be nearsighted like they are in nearly every other game which has stealth, this means if an enemy is facing me, he sees me, stealth broken. Two - mini-map doesn't show enemies and there is no way to peek around corners, so you can't stealth. Three - I assume stealth is only solo? Unless your whole team has agreed to stealth, I don't see how this would work in co-op. Those are my thoughts on the matter and I'll add more once I actually get around to trying Ash.

For now, I would say the game is fun as is but the devs either need to remove stealth entirely or improve it so it is viable.

find the enemy radar artifact. it showes enemies on radar and makes stealth that much easer. if your stealthing, dont stand. they see that more be4 they see u crouching. and it is a 3rd person shooter and you can look around evry corner. keep trying explore more options and it is doable... just not worth it

There doesn't seem to be any "range of alertness" in the NPCs at this point, they're binary: unalerted, or alerted. A middle 'suspicious' stage would make stealth a little more feasible, as you get some warning that your butt is bigger than you thought and is sticking out from behind the crate you're using for cover.

If an NPC spots something odd but not obviously hostile, they should go check it out, maybe even call a buddy over to investigate. This gives the player(s) a chance to reposition carefully, or even set lured ambushes.

I think it would be pretty nice if when you throw a shurikin and it stuck a (example) Corpus to a wall other Corpus would stop waht their doing and go an look at it. This would be combined with telaport to get close and finish the other Corpus off. Like in Hitman. But after they relize that their freind is dead they scramble to sound the alert and your cover is blown. This does not happen until 5-7 seconds after all the Corpus in the room are suroundinfg the body.

Also it would be nice to have something like "Dagger Plates" from Prince of Persia Two Thrones. To sneak past the baddies and jump up to a wall that has the plate and hide up there and do (another PoP: TT thing) type of speed kill. Or jumping twords two walls close together and sitting up there and doing a stealth kill.

Edited by GhostXIII

Reading all the pages, I would agree an occasional stealth mission/playstyle would add more replay value to the game. The main thing for me when I try to play stealthy, I would appreciate "stealth routes" kind of like Dishonored or Deus Ex (Minus the invisibility) you can hop on to pipes and crawl through the level that way with quick silent kills or knockouts to get to the objective. As for the Ash that has it's own forum topics :P

Has anyone thought or posted the idea of being able to dissarm the alarm after set off? Like being able to get back into stealth after being detected? Time and time again to many games punish you for being detected and normally once youve been seen there is no going back! Dishonored did an amazing job of allowing you to have full freedom of going in and out of stealth without really punishing you for it! It feels a little wrong that if you follow a guy into a dead end room and he see you that now everyone on the entire map instantly knows where you are... I think if there was a way to dissarm alarms and be able to loose vision and get back into stealth would be amazing! because as it is now being in stealth is a one time try per level and on top of that down right impossible to do more so with a party of randoms or friends.

Distraction ability. AKA = Throw a rock.

FarCry 3 did this amazingly, and it wasn't even supposed to be a stealth game.

We need to be able to distract enemies and maybe have some way to open/close doors remotely. Also, if lockdown is not activated, we should be able to use the cypher to engange lockdown by our own. Limit the battlefield to that specific room.

My 2 cents.

what if stealth could be held to each player seperatly? Like say if I get seen because i charge in why should my friend be detected who is sitting back ready to jump in on a unsuspection enemy? I think it could add some cool strategic co op gameplay to the game that would be fun and exciting! you could then pull enemys into ambushes!

My 2 cents if I can reply:

Stealth system in games are pretty much OverPowered when they don't balance it right, as we can see in many games, like The Elder Scroll Series it self, or any other game that you can sneak pass a bunch of guards and just kill each one of them without raising the alarm, Splinter Cell does that with tremendous beauty. The Devs need to make a way to not overpower the stealth system with the One hit Kill/Slash Throat/Backstab/Neck Break/Whatever you want to do... There should be a way to instant kill? Yes there is already, charge attack an unaware enemy. But if you don't have enough damage you will just blow your stealth away. The game should penalize the unstealthy approach, as it already do, lunching unstopabble waves of enemies. But also should hug with warm arms the stealthy players with the, at least, viable way to stealth the map and recieve a bunch of exp with that. Warframes could have unique ways to evolve through out the map. Like ash it self should be a Stealth warframe, that could one hit kill enemies that are UNALERTED. And if they raise the alarm, by the void, Sithis have mercy on your soul... Weapons should give that bonus too. Like daggers should give a backstab bonus (As it was already state on the forum once) on unalerted enemies, since you have to get even more close to hit.

In one way or the other, stealth always have been the classic, hard to play, easy to kill. The Devs can't run away from the One-Hit-Kill of stealth, because that's the beauty of it. Killing quick and silent. The only thing that they need to do, is balance that. To make it a more viable way to play and more appealing for players that wishes The Way of The Shadows...

i like an earlier post where you walk in/on pipes and vents. simular to the locker room under the stairs and simular to the hole in the ceiling of that closet. i think they should be alterative roots to larger room that u HAVE to cross through to get to the next vent or the main obj. these ruites should also become closed once you are spoted or until the alarm is disarmed (if implemented)

I will test out excalibur abilities on causing alarm or not when i will get back from work.

on other note, yesterday i experienced possible alert cooldown or may be that was just a bug. need confirmation.

Edited by n7snk