Stealth Feedback & Suggestions Thread

Well, we wont give up until something changes.

My thoughts as a Loki player ar as follows.

1) Turn off the enemy sensors. They need a Marker for where the Tennos LAST KNOWN position is.

They flock to it, a cooldown timer starts. When ended they go to alert mode.

2) Alert AI mode. When alarm triggered, or Tenno spotted, Ai are on their guard.

They move faster, do not stand still as much and have Search patterns looking for untruders.

They use Markers to call allies in.

3) Alarm shut down. Many games have a cooldown period for alarms.

The, hmm i must be seeing shadows, sensors are malfunctioning again, the intruders have left.

Is commonplace.

Hacking would do this, maby by attaining keys or codes from Commanders.

4) Instakill. Yes you heard me. INSTA KILL.

Why? If I am skilled enough to get behind a badass unit I then have the upper hand.

I know where to strike, and do the kill.

This is not a problem, since its so damn hard to do.

Its not a Gamebreaker either, if anything would make it more fun and adrenalin packed.

See 4the Tenno sweeping together in the ship coordinating meelee kills in silence.

Awessome.

5) Stealth mods. Been said before. Needed to make it work.

6) Enemy radar and ai cone of sight. These are crusial. I still have not seen an radar mod. Where the hell are they?

As for the Cone, it should be invluded in the same mod.

This is why I love Exterminate Solo. I know where they are all the time and can plan my attacks.

7) Silent weapons buff. Why o why is the bow so ineffective, when it is so cool and skilldemanding?

Sure, its not fair to expect 1 hit kills on Everything.

But headshots should kill most stuff.

+ bows are cool and very hunter ninja.

8) Stealth frames. Ok so we have tanks, and aoe damage or buff frames.

Then we have a few weak and underpowered ones that work well solo.

I play Loki. No one loves him. Why? He is dependant on powerorbs to function. The powers focus on getting by unseen, distracting or entering into Melee.

With all the changes to stamina, drops, weapons and maps its hard to use Loki to much exept a killer ghost.

I am dead without energy. Dead without speed.

And mostly dead in close combat.

The bonus Loki once had while cloaked seem to have either been nerfed,

or my guess is he is forgotten and all enemies are buffed.

He should instakill stealth kills if cloaked and behind enemies.

Its his only edge.

Switch teleport? Pff why? Useless. Radial disarm. Pff why? He is no fighter.

He needs a rework imo. Soon

the main problem is we can't disable alarm yet. and we don't have a stealth based reward system. it's very critical for bringing more people into stealth gameplay. i wish DE will finally take steps toward stealth since they seem to liked the analogy with "metal gear in space"

so hopefully we will see it some day. (SOON FFS)

the main problem is we can't disable alarm yet. and we don't have a stealth based reward system. it's very critical for bringing more people into stealth gameplay. i wish DE will finally take steps toward stealth since they seem to liked the analogy with "metal gear in space"

so hopefully we will see it some day. (SOON FFS)

Yes, and Enemy awareness. As long as all it takes is ONE enemy to spot you to alert all his buddys, its only going to be a slaughterfest.

Or a marathon, your choice.

I play Loki. No one loves him. Why? He is dependant on powerorbs to function. The powers focus on getting by unseen, distracting or entering into Melee.

I do not enjoy Loki because his stealth mechanic is cheesy. I want a real stealth mechanic that takes skill, not a "stealth" mechanic that allows me to remain invisible while killing everything in sight.

I would be much happier if Loki's invisibility would break when you attack with a melee attack while refunding the energy cost. It should give a flat 500% damage buff on next melee attack, and it should allow us to see weak spots while stealthed so that we can also use ranged weapons as a stealth attack. Oh yeah, the switch teleport on Loki is definitely terrible. I would rather have a backstab teleport attack that gives a very high damage modifier.

I forgot to mention. They should make it so that Loki sees weakspots when he is in stealth. This way he would be able to 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Intruder

An insanely useless mod that's is totally superfluous with how the game works... currently. And yet they created and introduced it.

Why?

I feel there might be something coming that will benefit stealth play. Either that, or they are simply making hacking harder, which I'm okay with as well.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

One thing I always try to do in solo missions is stay slealthy even with non-stealth warframes, its always fun to try and sneak around when no one else is with you to increase not only survivability but also challage as well. I think these are perfect to add for that type of game play, particularly the turn off alert. (That always angered me when I'm busy killing one guy on a console when another guy is already on one nearby.)

I agree whole-heartedly with n7 and ronyn, though the only thing i would differentiate would be the penalty

rather than going from having the stealth bonus to messing up (by messing up i mean one of the patrols going to the consol and getting the alert off) and not having it, rather when you get caught, thats when you would turn to run and gun. BUT even though you lost your stealth bonus, you can still get the regular after mission bonus, it may not be all that high as it usually is but hey, you get it.

I'm a new player - 3 days, I think the game is phenomenal with the exception of ... gameplay - and I think the big missing piece is stealth.

Having read the OP, I'd like to see GREATER rewards for greater numbers of players. So - 4 people stealthing a mission should be getting a LOT more reward than just a single player doing it. Exponential rewards for the exponential difficulty of having 4 people complete it.

As a new player one of the major issues I had learning the game at all was older players grabbing a new frame and coming back to newb missions to level it up. They rush the maps, new players don't get a chance to learn and generally have issues JUST KEEPING UP.

Creating a good mechanic that makes stealth an attractive way to play for "pub" games as well as more organised 4 player groups. (At least to the "skyrim" or "Deus Ex:HR" level of stealth gameplay - by that I mean the reaction of the NPC's to the player.).

This would require the game to stop "spawning" units and just put as many on the map AT THE START - as are required for the difficulty the devs are after. I'm sick of clearing rooms only to have things spawn BEHIND ME in rooms already cleared.

It is the same issue payday has with their longevity - noone does stealth because it doesn't pay off to do so and is prohibitively hard/impossible in pubs - therefore many of the trees and gameplay styles are rarely/never used in pubs.

I think the game as-is has amazing graphics, (I especially love the per-weapon animations and acrobatics).

I also think the skillup mechanics are new and fun.

The lack of a Pay-to-win is refreshing - keep everything craftable!

However, without a great niche like stealth I think it will fall into the "Just another F2P" category over time. I would literally stop doing everything you guys are doing and get this part of the game "just so" in order to make it a phenomenal experience.

Edited by SectorCommand

I'm a new player - 3 days, I think the game is phenomenal with the exception of ... gameplay - and I think the big missing piece is stealth.

Having read the OP, I'd like to see GREATER rewards for greater numbers of players. So - 4 people stealthing a mission should be getting a LOT more reward than just a single player doing it. Exponential rewards for the exponential difficulty of having 4 people complete it.

As a new player one of the major issues I had learning the game at all was older players grabbing a new frame and coming back to newb missions to level it up. They rush the maps, new players don't get a chance to learn and generally have issues JUST KEEPING UP.

Creating a good mechanic that makes stealth an attractive way to play for "pub" games as well as more organised 4 player groups. (At least to the "skyrim" or "Deus Ex:HR" level of stealth gameplay - by that I mean the reaction of the NPC's to the player.).

This would require the game to stop "spawning" units and just put as many on the map AT THE START - as are required for the difficulty the devs are after. I'm sick of clearing rooms only to have things spawn BEHIND ME in rooms already cleared.

It is the same issue payday has with their longevity - noone does stealth because it doesn't pay off to do so and is prohibitively hard/impossible in pubs - therefore many of the trees and gameplay styles are rarely/never used in pubs.

I think the game as-is has amazing graphics, (I especially love the per-weapon animations and acrobatics).

I also think the skillup mechanics are new and fun.

The lack of a Pay-to-win is refreshing - keep everything craftable!

However, without a great niche like stealth I think it will fall into the "Just another F2P" category over time. I would literally stop doing everything you guys are doing and get this part of the game "just so" in order to make it a phenomenal experience.

I actually attempted to tackle the part about enemies spawning behind you in a different thread. The point is, I don't think static spawns at the start of the map is the best (and certainly not the only way) DE could go with this.

If you want the entire thread, here it is: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/106345-unlimited-spawns/ (I welcome input, I think this is a workable idea, and certainly related to stealth play)

Quick Summation: Honestly, I think that'd be the interesting approach, make us able to fuse doors and break robot spawners so that it's the players choice how much stuff can re-spawn behind or in front of them.

Another Point to add to the stealth thread, a way to shut down cameras without alerting them. Unless you can 1 hit the camera, they are garunteed alerts. Also, most maps don't have a way around the cameras, which is frustrating with the ones facing a door from accross a room.

Wow, game would be much better with this, but I really don't think they will do these changes since it would requiere a big change. They will probably fix some things about stealth though.

My personal sand grain would be that there should be less enemies on each level, and if you break stealth, then the number of enemies increases. It's sort of implemented already, but it requires polishing.

Switch teleport? Pff why? Useless. Radial disarm. Pff why? He is no fighter.

He needs a rework imo. Soon

I cringe when people say switch teleport because the nly reason it is so situational is because it costs too much energy and can't be spammed. It's one of the things that should be spammable.

I know Stealth is relatively new and this game is more a run-n-gun sort of thing, but.. stealth is an option so it needs some love...

1) Every mission should have a bonus granted if the mission is completed without sounding an alert

2) Stealth Kills should incrementally increase in XP for consecutive Kills..by either the team or by the individual player. This allows for one player to be doing the stealthy thing while the others run-n-gun elsewhere. 

It also makes a team stealth play more valuable as the end result of the mission would grant a higher level of XP/affinity to the group if everyone stealths. With the XP increase tracked per player, having one player mess up a kill won't put everyone back on the base XP.

3) Stealth Kills should have a chance of one-shot kill, perhaps handled by any damage above a certain percentage of the targets current health. Possibly a higher percentage for Elite and Boss enemies.

4)  <MUST HAVE> new option for an online session as 'Stealth Mission'.  The current problem with online missions is that if I am happily stealthing away, a new player can join.. pop right into enemy view and go blazing off. There goes my stealth plan. When joining a stealth mission, the character should pop in with a short window of invisibility (ala cloaked by a Shade) so they can get to cover.

With this I could still play online, and ensure only those interested in joining stealthy game play pop in.  You could also quickly gauge the interest in stealth play with this feature based on how many are in 'stealth online' 

versus 'normal' online, which would give you an idea of how much to invest in that style of play in the future instead of relying on people like me to write in about how great it would be.

I cringe when people say switch teleport because the nly reason it is so situational is because it costs too much energy and can't be spammed. It's one of the things that should be spammable.

Ok not to focus to much on Loki, but he is the Original invisible ninja.

Switch teleport AND radial disarm are to costly.

Especially since 1) melee is not implemented yet.

And 2) Grineer commanders obviously stole it, and are better at it.

I mean com on. Imagine if the an Ancient had these powers.

it would teleport us around AND force us to melee!

Nightmare!!! But when a Tenno has the same powers, its weak and

everyone yells troll! Loki is the best frame, you cant play him.

I feel like, make his powers mods for all, and merge him with Ash or Banshee.

now there is a cool warframe.

Just on some topic I've read in OP.

Terminals/cameras: I think some warframe powers can come handy, like mag or volt the first I can think of - signal distortion, or preventing enemies to use them. I don't think that destroying terminals would do any good tho.

Stealth missions with team: maybe there would be an alarm counter, and triggering 5 will result in failed mission. Likely there should be at least an aura or warframe powers to help team stealth approach with not exactly stealthy frames.

Stealth achievements: on completing them, the mission rewards can give you stealth mods, like weapon silencer, warframe mods/powers within the same concept, etc. This may give the option to customize towards stealth gameplay.

Just an idea for the next update.
When you have leveled out your warframe/weapon and want to Forma it, It would be really really cool to have the option of either Polarizing a slot or Adding an Additional blank Slot.
The current game model only allows you to forma once or twice before you have every mod card to maximum and still have skill points left over.

By allowing you to add additional card slots, we could theoretically turn crappy weapons into OP weapons.  It would also allow players to insert a Orokin Catalyst and forma their warframes/weapons as many times as they want (farming for more resources).

On warframes, it would allow people to include cards they wouldn't normally put in (IE, rush, heavy impact intruder)