Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Feedback & Suggestions Thread

_Chaser

I guess the fact that this topic has been unpinned suggests pretty much that DE has put any future plans for stealth gameplay on ice.

What? This better be a mistake. BUUUUMP

WTF? the post lost the pin?

Re-pin the post now rebeca! this post is out for about a year trying to suggest more steath content for the game! 

The hell!? Why did this lose a pin?

Well now we know the ninja part of warframe is gone. Stealth portion anyway.

The thread was unpinned because there is a growing effort to better categorize and organize feedback in ways that can be better gathered by the developers. There are a lot of ideas here, but the OP hasn't been updated in nearly 5 months. If the Thread Starter wishes to continue his work on updating the OP then the thread will probably be pinned back.

Everything that has been said about stealth for over a year now is already on Scott's desk and is (probably) being worked on.

I'm too lazy to dig up my post, but the issue of what Warframe will likely never have true Stealth is because of everything mentioned in that video.  Which I already said:

Lack of AI.  Lack of entry and exit points required.  No cover system (which I find hilarious, because EVERYONE in this game uses cover.  Like when they need to recharge their shields or hide from an onslaught of fire.  DE didn't want to make a Stop and Pop, so they make...  A Stop and Pop game without half the tools!  Good job!  And unfortunately, as long as you give players guns, they WILL take cover.  Sorry, DE, try again.)  All three of those issues prevent Warframe from ever having stealth puzzles.  At the moment.

The thread was unpinned because there is a growing effort to better categorize and organize feedback in ways that can be better gathered by the developers. There are a lot of ideas here, but the OP hasn't been updated in nearly 5 months. If the Thread Starter wishes to continue his work on updating the OP then the thread will probably be pinned back.

Everything that has been said about stealth for over a year now is already on Scott's desk and is (probably) being worked on.

As has been said, this thread is almost a year old with no evident signs of progress.

But hey, if the Mod team wants to now have to police every last "I think they should do stealth this way" thread more power to you folks. Personally I'd think keeping a thread like this stickied would help keep things organized.

Last thought, what if the OP has become one of those folks who've just up and quit. Considering he hasn't logged in to the forums in over a month now.

So if he hasn't logged in, isn't the best move to create an official stealth thread, pin it and migrate this thread into it. This is a forum. By definition, it is more about the community maintaining the discussion than the OP. The OP could have decided the topic was over and be the only person playing the game that feels that way. 

So if he hasn't logged in, isn't the best move to create an official stealth thread, pin it and migrate this thread into it. This is a forum. By definition, it is more about the community maintaining the discussion than the OP. The OP could have decided the topic was over and be the only person playing the game that feels that way. 

This!!!

Almost one week to go till this thread's one year anniversary and no sight of improvements to Stealth on the horizon. Talk of animations is one thing, but there hasn't been any word on governing mechanics that would make those animations worthwhile.

Almost one week to go till this thread's one year anniversary and no sight of improvements to Stealth on the horizon. Talk of animations is one thing, but there hasn't been any word on governing mechanics that would make those animations worthwhile.

Considering Stealth would be a huge part of a game about Ninjas, I would of assumed stealth would of been worked on a while ago.

id rather have official feedback but since this is the case, should one of us recollect all the points of the stealth megathread and repost it?

Cloned Noodle

Allow tile-sets to spawn rooms that will close on alarm activation. 

These rooms could contain breakable chests that have a chance to drop mods.

Post stage bonus to affinity for stealth might be nice too.

Addition: Either a hack, or a piece of equipment that sabotages Alarm 

While you're at it take ability-mod drops (Pull, Slash Dash) out of the loot tables and replace them with level 1-5 fusion cores. Or just other mods.

Thank you for your time.

Ex. Mode: Use existing locker/loot room tiles. Allow lockers mod drop chance. Put the "artifact" doodad in one of these "Stealth Rooms" that guarantees a rare (or just 'a') mod. Allow Thief's Wit to detect these rooms or just this artifact on the map. Limit obtainable mods through this method to mods dropped by enemies of the mission's faction. To clarify I do not think maps should be 5x bigger just to add these rooms. Make existing chest/locker rooms (including the secret parkour ones) operate by these rules.

Edited by Mewtiger

So according to the recent livestream, any kind of substantial developments in stealth gameplay are a long way off. It's pretty much on the low end of their priority list and won't get (m)any resources dedicated to it in the foreseeable future.

Just keep that in mind before thinking about making any further stealth related suggestions.

So according to the recent livestream, any kind of substantial developments in stealth gameplay are a long way off. It's pretty much on the low end of their priority list and won't get (m)any resources dedicated to it in the foreseeable future.

Just keep that in mind before thinking about making any further stealth related suggestions.

You are 100% correct... and how sad is that? 

You are 100% correct... and how sad is that? 

Well, it's disappointing to hear, but then again Geoff was kinda right in saying that there are more important systems in Warframe that need attention right now. In the end, an expanded melee system is going to be more fun to play with in both stealth and non stealth missions than the other way around.

All I hope for regarding stealth in the future is that it will be systemic and not it's own separate play style. It's okay if you can't stealth survivals or defenses, but most of the other mission objectives are well suited to be tackled without being seen.

well i don't see the reason why this thread was unsticked anyway. the changes required for proper stealth mechanics are still on the list and all i can do is to scratch one or two of them.

list of features have nothing groundbreaking that may require a full rework, yet will drastically improve our experience.

i even come up with an idea how to make random patchfinding more excuseable, but more of that later.

i would like to know if forum allow such feature as iframe, so we will simply create a spreadsheet in google docs or just word file and i will grant access to it for anybody interested in contributing.

ah yeah, i'm back btw

Edited by n7snk

I wonder if the dev's should invest their time and resource to completely overhaul certain game mechanics to promote stealth play....which may or may not be supported by the other portion of the community who prefer fast play/going out guns blazing?

well list of my suggestions does not require any overhaul, except may be reward system which i will brainstorm again later

You are aware that with the curent AI hehaviour & spawning mechanic, it will not be suitable for stealth play?

For a successful/good stealth play experience, the current AI mechanic just wont do. It will either feel partially broken/half bake - which will bring us back to square 1 again because people are benchmarking their stealth gameplay experience from games that promote stealth play effectively.

Also, what happens if i host a game, for example an exterminate mission and i want to play it stealth but the 3 person that joins my game go out gun blazing? No, your suggestion did not cover this aspect which is what I am trying to highlight and question if the developers should invest into these changes when part of the community do not support stealth play at all?

FYI only. Just thought of sharing an reply that I made about stealh play in warframe.

*Snip*

5) Current spy mission is fundamentally flawed removing player's ability to have fun with their primary and the buggiest thing ever.  Replace this with a real spy mission focused on stealth.

Ok, since you brought this point up about Steath play, i am going to say this out loud. I am not sure if anyone in this community has given it a thought (i know many have raised this stealth topic before) but i dont think it can or will ever be implemented successfully.

To make it short, games that promote or have certain element of stealth play, that i have played before:

splinter cell series, hitman absolution, dues ex human revolution,  (specifically refering to) ME3 only, Gears of War, xcom the bureau

They either have have cover system or hiding system or both

They have environmental object interactions; rock, bottles, can, hack terminals, cameras, doors

They have objects to hide bodies

They have take down moves

They have lethal and non-lethal weapons

Their AI mechanics - spawning, reaction, behaviour

Take all that and think whether the current warframe with it's current game play mechanics, ai mechanics can actually implement stealth play?

Then the biggest factor of all: players.

Let me honestly ask those of you who have played pure stealth mission. How long did you take to finish the mission? 20 minutes? 1 hour? 2 hour? because of all those hiding, moving bodies around, timing to get away from the cameras, climbing jumping and more hiding and such on ?

Coming back to this community, can you honestly and really see your squad mates from this community, they are going to slaugh through 1 hour for stealth play? I dont think so. They prefer going out gun blazing.

Which is why in my opinion, with the current mechanics, warframe cannot implement stealth play at all! A complete overhaul of the mechanics is required and even if managed to do it, a portion of the community may not want stealth play! So why even bother? Please enlighten me. It is disheartening for me to go on with this topic..

*Snip*

You are aware that with the curent AI hehaviour & spawning mechanic, it will not be suitable for stealth play?

For a successful/good stealth play experience, the current AI mechanic just wont do. It will either feel partially broken/half bake - which will bring us back to square 1 again because people are benchmarking their stealth gameplay experience from games that promote stealth play effectively.

Also, what happens if i host a game, for example an exterminate mission and i want to play it stealth but the 3 person that joins my game go out gun blazing? No, your suggestion did not cover this aspect which is what I am trying to highlight and question if the developers should invest into these changes when part of the community do not support stealth play at all?

FYI only. Just thought of sharing an reply that I made about stealh play in warframe.

The last one have a simple solution. Players should talk with each other. There is no need to change the game mechanics for such thing.

The enemy facing for enemy radar is brilliant and simple!! I liked it a lot.

Edited by Probta16

I don't agree with more bonus XP for a stealth approach, it suggests that stealth is the "correct" way to play. I do agree with making stealth more viable though, but don't make it so stealth is the hands down statistically best approach.

I especially agree with point #6, it would be a great motivator for stealth, but in that case there should be an XP bonus to balance out what you'd lose for not fighting waves of enemies.

Aaaaaactually it doesn't mean that it's the "correct way" but rather a way to reward trying to keep a mission low risk.

Let's just say, theoretically, you get 150 exp for a kill. Then you stealth kill that guy for a 5x multiplier. You got 750 exp for that kill and remain undetected. Congratulations! 750 exp for 10 seconds of hiding, crabwalking/assassinating. 

*BUT*

Let's say you don't care about stealth. You run in guns blazing, suddenly more enemies spawn. You kill 13 enemies for 150 exp each totalling to 1950 exp.

You just did that in 20 seconds. Just letting waves upon waves of enemies come after the alarm triggers, you're gaining more exp faster than a stealth run!

Adding more exp and rewards is incentive to play a stealthier approach. A game about ninjas is highly misleading when there's no incentive to stay hidden, stay stealthy and kill silently. You can still get the most fun out of this game by making a scene, but there should be an exciting feature to be implemented for stealth gameplay too!

It's simply rewarding people who want to put their Metal Gear/Tenshu/Way of the Ninja skills at work instead of bein all Dynasty Warriors all up in this piece. We already get rewarded by blazing guns with waves upon waves of enemies.

I tend to feel that getting the same amount of exp per kill stealthfully as I do normally is kind of strange. Why spend 30 seconds walking up to a guy, when I could have used my sniper rifle to blast his head open?

Edited by Lightwire

• 3 weeks later...