Stealth Feedback & Suggestions Thread

Sorry, not very familiar with stealth gameplay, but can anyone tell me which mission types are stealth-viable?

All of them.  It's just that the stealth mechanic is still very underdeveloped and reliant upon invisibility so you won't have a fun time doing it.

The best ones are Rescue though, since they give you the best stealth experience with the Wardens.

All of them.  It's just that the stealth mechanic is still very underdeveloped and reliant upon invisibility so you won't have a fun time doing it.

The best ones are Rescue though, since they give you the best stealth experience with the Wardens.

So you're saying that stealth in Defense is viable...?

So you're saying that stealth in Defense is viable...?

If you count punching an enemy in the back while he's attacking the defense target as "Stealth"...

... the yes... xD

Jokes aside.  The only missions where stealth wouldn't work would be Defense, Survival, and Interception missions.  All other missions, even Exterminate, can be played using stealth only.  But that isn't necessarily a bad thing.  Part of Warframe's gameplay lies in being able to ninja people or run in guns blazing like a Space Marine and having the choice to do so... or both for that matter...

Sorry, not very familiar with stealth gameplay, but can anyone tell me which mission types are stealth-viable?

To start the infiltration journey in the best conditions, I advice you to begin some exterminate missions with the grineer in a low level planet(100% chance to kill with your stealth attack & no random spawns).

Then you can do some Rescue(since they updated it,it became the main stealth gamemode),spy,deception... Endless mission types won't work(and that makes sense)

exterminate is a very reliable choice for stealth missions.

regarding equipment, you should preferably go singleplayer WITHOUT sentiels/pets.

codex scanner is a must have, and any melee weapon of your choice as any will work.

i recommend to take a bow in case you will need to take out stuck enemies, but thats it.

my current setup is xcal + glaive + scanner, but thats because i look for challenge these days.

ideal variant to start will be loki/ash +scaner +bow +glaive-esque weapon (throwable jet mace looking very promissing, will test later)

and the most important think is.. patience....

try to sneak up on enemies as close as possible, without panicing to use a gun and you will have a blast.

Edited by n7snk

exterminate is a very reliable choice for stealth missions.

regarding equipment, you should preferably go singleplayer WITHOUT sentiels/pets.

codex scanner is a must have, and any melee weapon of your choice as any will work.

i recommend to take a bow in case you will need to take out stuck enemies, but thats it.

my current setup is xcal + glaive + scanner, but thats because i look for challenge these days.

ideal variant to start will be loki/ash +scaner +bow +glaive-esque weapon (throwable jet mace looking very promissing, will test later)

and the most important think is.. patience....

try to sneak up on enemies as close as possible, without panicing to use a gun and you will have a blast.

Yeah Echoes, take notes of what N7 said, he knows what's up. (one of the best  to do stealth playthrough on youtube)

In fact, how do you really deal with stuck enemies? Do I really need to wait until they are in line to get all of them in one single shot/arrow?

Yeah Echoes, take notes of what N7 said, he knows what's up. (one of the best  to do stealth playthrough on youtube)

In fact, how do you really deal with stuck enemies? Do I really need to wait until they are in line to get all of them in one single shot/arrow?

Pretty much, but if you're fast enough, you can just run up to them and melee.

Currently, you only have options like:

• Use melee ground slam to knock them all down, then "silently" cleave them out, without being seen by other enemies further out
  • Use a "silent" explosive (or few) - kill em all
  • Run up to them and slash them all fast enough that they don't respond in time (you have a ~0.5s window)
  • Glaive?
  • Use an appropriate warframe power

basically just kill them before they can react, without noise.

• Use melee ground slam to knock them all down, then "silently" cleave them out, without being seen by other enemies further out

• Run up to them and slash them all fast enough that they don't respond in time (you have a ~0.5s window)

• Glaive?

Alrighty then... Introducing a tool to distract them would be better though.

I'll handle these situations with a ground slam, they won't have enough time to call for reinforcement if they fall down... >:)

Alrighty then... Introducing a tool to distract them would be better though.

There are two main things that will greatly improve stealth in this game.

This is one of them.

The other is related to that one: enemy response. (As in, how the heck does the entire room and the ones next to it know where tenno are, simply from a gunshot?)

The other is related to that one: enemy response. (As in, how the heck does the entire room and the ones next to it know where tenno are, simply from a gunshot?)

they have vox comms and so on, so thats reasonably realistic, and it also add an element of punishment if you F*** up

• Glaive?

never really had a chance to test ground slam or running upclose slashing to say that it works reliable, but as previously mentioned - glaive/kastanas/bow work like a charm

I believe that they need to work on the AI and some of the "silent" weapons to at least make a step in the right direction. 

For AI, make it so that enemies aren't aware of you unless you get their attention. Right now, if Player A sneaks across the room without being noticed and Player B then shoots and alerts everyone of his presents, they somehow know Player A's exact location for no apparent reason. Fixing this would allow stealth gameplay even if your team mate uses the age old tactic of "Shoot everything that moves." 

As for "silent" weapons (Bow & Kunei), make it so that enemies don't hear you even if you miss and hit a wall. So many times I have shot an arrow only to find my team mate shot an arrow 0.5 seconds before me, hitting the enemy first, causing mine to miss and hit a wall therefor alerting everyone in the room. 

Now to make sure that stealth isn't abused, like the Forever Invisible Loki, make it so that enemies become aware that you are in the room if you kill an enemy with a non-stealth kill while invisible. They will NOT know your exact location but they will be actively looking for you.

Daggers, the age old weapon for the stealthy assassin. Sadly they are very weak right now but with the new stealth ideas, you can give them a buff to work better with stealth tactics. Give them the fastest stealth kill animation in the game, about 0.75 seconds and make it 100% silent. Now remember that with the changes of how enemies react to multiple Tenno if one wasn't noticed, you could in theory back-stab stealth kill a lot of enemies while they are busy shooting at your trigger happy friend. 

If enemies wouldn't have telepathic hive-minds that know exactly when to recognize a Tenno and shoot it perfectly as soon as it rounds a corner, thus alerting every enemy on the tile...

Stealth would be viable.

Yeah, enemies act like ubermensch most of the time...Especially with a reaction time near to the speed of light & omniscience.

• 3 weeks later...

well this is not THAT bad. the bad thing is if your mission is invaded by other faction or infested, they will trigger alert and cause you to be spoted, while it should be otherwise.

They should make the AI use alarms only if a tenno has been seen.

Or make the AI recognize the faction who triggered it.

• 5 weeks later...

Here's an idea that I think would improve the stealth utility of the Codex Scanner:

You know how when you scan an enemy with it, it momentarily flashes light blue? My idea is that all fully scanned (Complete Codex Entry) and enemies that have already been scanned once should always show up with that colour when viewed with the scanner.

This would reduce enemies being scanned more than the required limit, as well as allow you to see enemies that you already scanned.

I think that missions like exterminate and deception, or maybe all other non-endless missions, should have a little option that pops up before you start; Will you use stealth in this mission, or will you engage the enemy head-on, tenno?

The changes of the mission are based off of your choice, be it tileset or enemies. A stealthy approach would mean a tight area (such as grinner ships) with few, high damage enemies (to remind you that you might not want to alert said enemies) A head-on approach would mean wide, open spaces teeming with alert grineer/corpus proxies engaging a straight up firefight with you.

I think that the stealth changes mentioned in this thread should also apply, but I'm mostly just giving my take on how stealth could be handled in a better way. My idea would never work if the waypoints for the ai make them stare at a big door all the time XD. EDIT: I also agree with the fact that enemies shouldn't know EXACTLY where you are after you get spotted by somebody you killed the instant he saw you.

Edited by XxDeadlockerxX

EDIT:^^Nice work on your stealth thread there. We'll get our stealth one day.

Suggestion for preventing pubs that aren't interested in stealth ruining missions, while still having public stealth missions you can join with teams: Stealth Certification and Stealth Alerts.

Stealth Certification: different levels of cert. earned for performing more and/or more difficult feats of stealth for ex; ran a mission without any alarms triggered, without being seen, # of stealth kills, returned base and further tilesets to unalerted state and so on with varying levels of each.

Next since the likelihood of doing any random mission on the star chart and having someone join you is pretty slim (more of a general matchmaking issue) Stealth Alerts that are up for maybe 6 Hours or so.

It's almost like they should have a sort of Stealth Syndicate

WE NEED A STEALTH SYNDICATE

Edited by RyanGo

It's almost like they should have a sort of Stealth Syndicate

WE NEED A STEALTH SYNDICATE

We already have one, just so stealthy that we didn't find it yet :D

Hmm. To make it more serius: maybe there should be one, which is not visible as an option at the first sight. If you've done a lot of stealthy stuff during your mission, you'll increase the syndicate's awareness, and at some point they'd send you an invitation. Stealth 2.0 + Parkour 2.0 + Spy 2.0 would be the perfect driving force for that. Also, in the hubs they'd get a room, where you have to sneak + parkour in. With different routes, for it has to be, umm, different, not just "ah, yes, go there, run up the wall, then jump left and you're good to go".