Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Meet: Ian Hulbert

DE_Adam

If you've ever wondered what it takes to get those smooth animations behind Warframe's many characters, then this edition of Let's Meet is perfect for you.

Ian Hulbert, one of our many talented animators here at Digital Extremes, was able to set aside some time and chat about some of his work in our Animation Department.  You can check out the full interview here with great in-progress footage of some of his work.

A huge thanks goes to Ian for setting aside the time to talk, and to every member of our Animation Team that makes Warframe come to life in the most awesome of ways.

-DE_Adam

Nice insight behind the animations in Warframe and one of the people who work on it, thanks. They are doing a great job.

jackel area should be bigger i want this running now.

I just had to imagine a level where you have to run away from an invincible Jackal, who keeps crushing through doors and walls after some short breathing time.

With the level ending in a great arena where you have to lure it into energy beams that zap it's shield away so you can briefly harm it.

Edited by Othergrunty

Wait... the Jackal can run?

Morec0!! Morec0!! Morec0!!!! Raids are comming! Lotus said when we go kill it in Venus: Nicknamed "The Jackal", this is the deadly quad robot that has become extremly problematic to our cells in the field. (or something like that)

We finnaly fight Jackal in the field instead of a boss node.

Edited by Kao-Snake

Morec0!! Morec0!! Morec0!!!! Raids are comming! Lotus said when we go kill it in Venus: Nicknamed "The Jackal", this is the deadly quad robot that has become extremly problematic to our cells in the field. (or something like that)

Neato!

STILL not big on Raids, though. I'm thinking their implementation when they come out is just going to be 8-man missions with REALLY tough enemies. Challenging, but not what everyone's thinking when they hear "Raid".

wait what can you source this

wait what can you source this

I cant, It's only speculation, but I have a good base:

1)The arena we fight Jackal is waayyyy to small for him to do anything but walk.

2)Lotus tells us that Jackal is problem for our cells in the field.

3)Now, if you click the interview, you will see an animation of Jackal RUNNING.

Speculation, but with the hints we have.... might as well be a confirmation.