Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do Not Drink!

[DE]George

Hi all,

The sound department is always on the lookout for interesting recording opportunities for Warframe.  When we came across the opportunity to record at the local sewage treatment plant, how could we pass it up?  Our Grineer tilesets often make use of mechanical and oily machines and this place had a ton of them.  Big pistons, huge water intake valves, big sewage pools... you get the idea.  We set out with a couple of Mid-Side microphones, a Zoom H6, and a contact mic (records mechanical vibrations) and spent about 5 hours recording anything and everything they would let us.  These sounds will definitely come in handy for the upcoming Underwater Grineer Laboratory tileset.  Oh, and yes it stank in there and yes, that pic with the bubbling brown water is... well, you get the idea.

DE_George

Special thanks to Gary and Nathan for the tour!

Here are some raw recordings: headphone warning, it’s loud!
https://soundcloud.com/warframedev/sets/sewage-plant-sound-recording

And here is an album with all the photos we took:

http://imgur.com/a/rrHhi

Sounds cool...or something.

I always (mostly always) hesitate around the plumbing in grineer ships when I get an earful of the running water sounds. Just...interesting. Makes you pause and consider--assuming you're not getting shot at too much.

Sounds cool...or something.

I always (mostly always) hesitate around the plumbing in grineer ships when I get an earful of the running water sounds. Just...interesting. Makes you pause and consider--assuming you're not getting shot at too much.

Coolant. For the engines. Yeah.

Did all the employees know what you were doing there or did you get a lot of odd looks from employees confused as to why some weird guys with microphones were walking around poking the machines?

Edited by MrPie5