Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZoneDymo

Can We Nerf The Synoid Gammacor To Hell And Back Yet Pls?

Why not buff other weaps to gammacor damage level?

1) Its much easier to nerf several outlier weapons instead of going back and buffing every single weapon in the game to be on par with the Syn. Gammacor/Boltor Prime/Soma/etc.

2) If every single weapon could down enemies up to level 40 in under a second, the game would be even less challenging, unless the devs buff every enemy in the game, which once again is more work that could be done much more efficiently by toning down the aforementioned outliers.

Synoid is fine as it is. And the reason because Synoid is so superior to its regular counterpart is pretty simple; 

Cephalon Suda knows too much and she improved the Gammacor to its highest. 

Synoid is not OP. 

It is good.

Not OP.

Dont like it? Dont use it.

It is good.

Not OP.

It is good.

Not OP.

It is good.

Not OP.

It is good.

Not OP.

Dont like...

Please no nerfs, instead address game difficulty modes. There will always be a weapon that people call a nerf for, this never ends.

Interesting that you cut my sentence and lost my context. Specifically I was talking about balance here in terms of game difficulty. Personally I see that is the cause of the problem. Personal opinion.

But yes - if you want to talk 'balance' then yes nerf and buff exist together as parts of a whole. But I find that calls for nerfs without considering the balance or cause of the problem are not balanced either. Nerfing to 'hell and back' is not balance.

The Synoid Gammacor is a pretty clear statistical outlier in terms of potential damage. 

Also, it doesn't really fit the mold of a syndicate weapon. When they buffed the vanilla Gammacor, the buff carried over to the Synoid for some reason and that's when things got out of control. If you look at the old stats, it was supposed to be more of a sidegrade than the massive direct upgrade it is now.

And no, I don't think I lost the context of your post. You said that nerfs bring everything down and should not happen, which is just absurd. Like many other gaming communities, this community is exceptionally nerf-phobic. Unlike many gaming communities, the devs actually listen to us here, which makes that attitude often quite harmful.

No.

It's better to play to your strengths, not your weaknesses. This weapon happens to fall into the first category, at least for the time being.

I'm not aware of the history the Gammacor or Synoid Gammacor weapons have had stats-wise, but just because someone else is capable of instagibbing T4 Vor doesn't mean that either weapon should be nerfed--Remember that weapons can be "Overkilled" through Forma, Potatoes, and mods.

I've been in situations where the game feels too easy because someone else is coating the walls with the blood of my enemies, but not everyone is running around laser-pointering everything to death.

Also, the Synoid Gammacor is a Syndicate weapon. It's intended to be immensely powerful.

Your OP just sounds like an under-equipped player wanting to make everyone else under-equipped.

then why are most of the others just side grades as others pointed out and the synoid alone leagues above the others and its original. 

How can anyone justify this weapon in its current implementation? It is a secondary that is far and away better than any primary with quite literally no weaknesses. Oh it has no range you say? BullS#&$, its effective at medium range which is where 99% of the combat takes place in warframe. 

Oh its a PvE game why nerf anything it doesn't affect you just don't use it? F*** you, the moment someone joins my game with a SG they just hold down leftclick and herpa derp slide to extraction which yes, does affect me because now any form of challenging gameplay got removed even in t4's.

Play solo? Its a co-op game don't tell me to play solo.

Only play with friends that don't use SG? Well S#&$ guys we have a regular visionary over here, I am required to play with no public players because of one weapon that nullifies (eheheh) all game content?

Weapon is a joke.

People defending it are a joke.

Delete weapon or nerf it to oblivion please thanks.

Guys, if an I-win button that clears the map in one hit was implemented, would you defend it?

Are you just going to call it "endgame" content?

Are you just going to say it's important so you can bring crappy Primaries?

Are you just going to say how nerfing is wrong and buff weapons to the same level?

Guys, if an I-win button that clears the map in one hit was implemented, would you defend it?

The sad truth?

Yes. People would.

Someone must have made a mistake with the stat numbers, it happens, it's understandable. Anyone with half a braincell can see that it's a mistake and it should have been fixed immediately. But as shown by other persistent problems in the game, there seems to be a process that makes any minor change take forreeverrrrrr, so the devs just said F*** it, let them have fun and give us plat to rush their formas lol.

I find the OP a little offensive asking for a nerf 'to hell and back'.

First you ask for a nerf - which I find most of these posts are just offensive. Asking for a nerf just drags everything downhill.

Next you stop at the weapon, when we all know the underlying problem is game difficulty.

I did a quick read - most people mentioned other comparable weapons. The Synoid just gets heat due to being flavour of the quarter.

Personally I find the weapon fine, yes powerful up close, but no range, much like the similar close range weapons. Also it does not trigger embers twin weapon stretch so I don't use it as much because of that.

I have no suggestions other than the ones already mentioned many times that the OP seems to ignore in favour of just pushing the 'nerf to hell and back'.

Please no nerfs, instead address game difficulty modes. There will always be a weapon that people call a nerf for, this never ends.

Offensive? really? not sure if you can even use a term like that for this (actually pretty sure you cannot).

But to respond to your last statement/solution: yeah... if you instead make everything more difficult and thus make the SG less powerfull/effective...that would work as well, seems like a lot more work though and you would have to buff every other weapon in the game as well....so yeah, not saying its not a solution buuuut it seems that would be taking the long and more difficult route.

I find these kind of threads extremely annoying.

If you think the weapon is too OP that do not forma it, take 1 or 2 mods off....or, leave it on the shelf and use something else!!!!!

I happen to need a weapon like this while running long T4 void missions.

I don't want to sound mean, but it's people like you that ruin this game for a lot of other people.

Delete weapon or nerf it to oblivion please thanks.

Why not eliminate people who solicit nerf?

i'm just going to say that Synoid Gammacor would be the best Continuous Weapon in the game by a significant margin if it's Damage Stat read 150.

but it's 210.

There always will be a good weapon in the game, you are the only one that ruin the game and it is not Digital Extreme but the community.

Why not eliminate people who solicit nerf?

You need to take a break, buddy.

It is OP no doubt, it also becomes boring fast, just like Boltor P did after some use.

That's it drawback. Vayker Marelok ftw!

You're a little too late dude.

I was barking up the same tree the day it was released with these stats.

Now, after ranking up my Chephalon Suda reputation, after raching general/exalted with Steel and Red, and waited some time to be sure no nerfs hit it... I stuck 5 Forma in this puppy!

So .... NO!!!

Leave it like it is .....the range balances it.

You're a little too late dude.

I was barking up the same tree the day it was released with these stats.

Now, after ranking up my Chephalon Suda reputation, after raching general/exalted with Steel and Red, and waited some time to be sure no nerfs hit it... I stuck 5 Forma in this puppy!

So .... NO!!!

Leave it like it is .....the range balances it.

So just becuase you have now aquired it you dont care about balance? Well, also got it but I sold that unbalanced mess, if it had 12m range then maybe I would buy the "range balance it" argument people keep writing as it would put it in Brakk territory. 

So, OP, I heard you want a challenge? Play longer than 2 hours in T4S, at that level range even the "oh so OP" Synoid Gammacor barely scratches.

Just because you don't play it doesn't mean it never existed. You don't have time to run 2 hours? Sure, you can have your "challenge" just by removing every single mod from your gears and run Eris, even Mars works.

Your post was like saying "ban every supercars on the road" because you can't stand people having cars with better performance, so everyone else must drive slow.

On that note, I hope you don't cringe when someone drive a supercar near you....

I have never used or seen the weapon, so this is just based on the quote: "laser pointer of doom".

Most of the suggestions are aimed at the "doom" part.

What if the "laser pointer" becomes a hand cannon?

Small charge up time

Very loud (not in volume, but in cannon "feel")

Still a continuous beam, but a massive recoil going everywhere.

So that the weapon is very strong used as semi, but the charge up time reduces the DPS.

A large recoil on the continuous beam will make the weapon feel like it is the strongest weapon in the game. Which should be hard to control, because it is just a secondary 1 handed weapon.

I personally think the SG is a completely boring weapon that i would never use ever.... but i dont think it needs a nerf. Theres a lot more wrong with this game than simply OP guns. There needs to be a rework of many other concepts and components of the game. And seriously? I've played with tons of SG, it really isnt that bad as you say OP. A hit scan weapon will allow you to kill waaaaay faster, so if a SG is out killing you that often to the point where it's game breaking then maybe your reflexes are pretty slow. And as much people do not like the "Dont use it" argument i have to say i kinda agree on this one. I have the two other guns that are considered OP (BoltorP and SomaP, which can debatable) and i rarely ever use them, i much prefer a Braton P. so in conclusion, no do not nerf the SG because it does not really need it, and if it is nerfed all that will happen is a new king will take the place of it and "nerf that weapon" will be the next thing. and Yes i did read the original post

So, OP, I heard you want a challenge? Play longer than 2 hours in T4S, at that level range even the "oh so OP" Synoid Gammacor barely scratches.

Just because you don't play it doesn't mean it never existed. You don't have time to run 2 hours? Sure, you can have your "challenge" just by removing every single mod from your gears and run Eris, even Mars works.

Your post was like saying "ban every supercars on the road" because you can't stand people having cars with better performance, so everyone else must drive slow.

On that note, I hope you don't cringe when someone drive a supercar near you....

Im sorry Im not going to be more elaborate but:

Your first part I answered A in the original post and B many many many times to many people here already.

Your analogy in the second part is so far off I dont even know where to begin to explain how much you are off.

I used to think Synoid needed a dps nerf but after some testing its not damage that's the problem. Brakk, Telos Akbolto and a few other weapons can match if not out damage Synoid.

This other weapons however have some way of balancing out like Telos' travel time or Brakk's spread and fall-off damage.

Synoid doesn't need a dps nerf but it does need more balance. Maybe reduce the 25m range to perhaps 20m or 18m like Amprex, reduce base damage and up the fire rate to compensate.

Basically make it use more ammo because at the moment the ammo comsumption is non-existant. Reduce the range, increase fire rate and decrease base damage while leaving dps the same.

That way ammo needs to be managed and it has balancing properties like innate magnetic damage and limited range while still dealing high damage per sec.

Probably the most constructive thing I've seen in this thread thusfar.

Cutting its ammo efficiency and range will reel it in to be closer in line with the other 'top-tier' secondaries.