Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Top 5 Damaging Weapons [All Categories] [2015]

(PSN)VoiD_Glitch

Question

This information is being cited from the Reddit thread below and warframe-builder.com for calculations. I am just providing this thread for speculation and confirmation from the community. Actual numbers and builds are located in the reddit thread and not input onto this thread for evaluation, credit and outsourcing (in terms of URLs and domains).

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2u8iqu/top_5_damaging_weapons_based_on_total_damage/

-

Total Damage (Single Shot)

Red-Crit Headshot Dread

Red-Crit Headshot Paris Prime

Charged Angstrum

Charged Opticor

Primed Chamber Vectis

Charged Ogris

Non-Charged Angstrum

Charged Chamber Vectis

or

Velocitus

Opticor

Dread

Paris Prime

Ogris

-

Burst DPS

Akbronco (+ Prime) (Macro / Bind-Wheel)

Angstrum (Macro / Bind-Wheel)

Brakk (Macro / Bind-Wheel)

Kohm (Macro / Bind-Wheel)

Sancti Castanas (Macro / Bind-Wheel)

or

Akbronco (+ Prime) (Macro / Bind-Wheel)

Angstrum (Macro / Bind-Wheel)

Brakk (Macro / Bind-Wheel)

Sancti Castanas (Macro / Bind-Wheel)

Telos Akbolto (Macro / Bind-Wheel)

-

Sustained DPS

Kohm

Synoid Gammacor

Primed Chamber Vectis

Brakk

Soma Prime

Phage

[iNSERT_IF_ANY_STRONGER]

Boltor Prime

or

Velocitus

Synoid Gammacor

Brakk

Mara Detron

Angstrum

For any of the categorized damage possibilities, are these the correct rankings? If not, could you possibly provide statistical information behind your theory and/or evidence to prove your case?

Thank you for your time.

Additionally, if any other articles, threads or posts could assist in the findings for this answer, please provide the link to the article, thread or post.

Edited by (PS4)VoiD_Glitch

13 answers to this question

On paper it's not hard to figure it out by comparing. Ingame there are conditions set that allow certain weapons to be much more effective than others. Dps frame and builders won't tell you that.

-------

When you look at gameplay and gamemodes, you have [swarm of (weak) enemies] & [constant movement], mostly in closed places. This happens even on defense.

You can hit 999.999k on one enemy but you'll have about 5~30 more onscreen. You could have a 50k sustained dps but by the time you don't overkill, chances are you have to depend on powers more than weapons to survive and kill [enemies start 1-hitting, soon after weapon damage falls significantly].

That being said, it's all about utility. Soma (p.), boltor p. and syn gammacor offer a very big efficiency, killing / hitting different enemies without need to stop/ effective aim/ reload (synoid does it so well it even nukes and gives energy...). This is done from t1 to t4 gameplay. Amprex surpasses said weapons on cleaning speed for fast missions, penta takes its place on non-linear missions.

I and most people use bows, crossbows, dual pistols, etc, for 'how they feel'. In reality something other would have been more efficient, but if they can get the job done without many downsides, it works.

On paper it's not hard to figure it out by comparing. Ingame there are conditions set that allow certain weapons to be much more effective than others. Dps frame and builders won't tell you that.

-----cut text------

I and most people use bows, crossbows, dual pistols, etc, for 'how they feel'. In reality something other would have been more efficient, but if they can get the job done without many downsides, it works.

Word.

Many weapons have their place and can shine one way, but suck somewhere else. Also giving a man a weapon to pick is one thing. But, let that man learn what works best for each game type, and you built yourself a tenno.

For Sustained DPS I would trust -PsychPT-'s thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/159702-dps-of-all-weapons-in-game-except-meleearchwing/

For the 'total damage single shot' are you talking average per shot or highest possible per shot?

All of this is irrelevant without damage multipliers. And installing HCal for example on the Vectis/Dread makes making double headshots unlikely, if not impossible.

Latron Prime may not be the best on paper, but if you consider its accuracy and ammo effeciency, it is am amazing end-game weapon.

It also lasts longer than the Latron Wraith in terms of ammo effeciency due to the fact that Latron Wraith has a higher fire rate, burning through ammo much more quickly.

Latron Prime may not be the best on paper, but if you consider its accuracy and ammo effeciency, it is am amazing end-game weapon.

It also lasts longer than the Latron Wraith in terms of ammo effeciency due to the fact that Latron Wraith has a higher fire rate, burning through ammo much more quickly.

I am pretty sure people have told me that Latron Wraith and Latron Prime Out-DPS Boltor Prime anyway. I just have no statistics to prove it.

There was a thread here few weeks back, guy had a document with all weapons and their DPS  in categories of rifle > semi / auto etc.

If you find that thread, please link it here. It could be really valuable, especially to the question I have.