Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Launcher Stuck At "checking For New Content."

Meseriel

So the launcher is forever stuck on "Checking for new content" and even if I leave it on that for over half an hour it still is like it even though it was working fine before.

After searching and trying to fix it here is list of methods I tried.

-Restarting steam (Can't because Evolution Engine doesn't shut down properly)

-Restarting Computer (Just ends up in the same problem)

-Tuning to 32 bit (Crashs launcher and yet steam still says I'm in Warframe and Evo Engine process is still going)

-Turning off Dirictx11 (same as above)

-Running optimization (same thing)

-Running verify cache (again it crashes)

-Running as administrator from game files for both 64 and 32 (again it crashes)

-Trying to end Evolution Engine after crash (Unable to?)

So I have been trying this for nearly 6 hours and had no luck the Evo engines still appears in the task manager but I'm unable to end process meaning I have to restart every time to try again.

Also my operating system is windows 8 and I did recently update but it was working after the update so that is not it.

Lastly it did go past it once but launching the game did nothing no black screen no nothing game up at all.

Do you have access to your router to reboot it (unplug power cord for 10 sec then plug it back in)?

Does some webpages not load at all, or really slow compared to others?

i had a similar issue a while ago, that turned out to be the router blocking some connections. Resetting the router to factory settings fixed that, but doing this should be one of the last options.

Do you have access to your router to reboot it (unplug power cord for 10 sec then plug it back in)?

Does some webpages not load at all, or really slow compared to others?

i had a similar issue a while ago, that turned out to be the router blocking some connections. Resetting the router to factory settings fixed that, but doing this should be one of the last options.

Router I don't think is the problem all my web pages load fine all load at same speed and other games are not affectedand I have no problems with it.

• 4 weeks later...

Before this happened to me I completed a T4 exterminate for it only to crash at extraction. I could see that I was not rewarded the end of mission reward on the first "Mission Complete" screen, for it to stay on a black screen for maybe 20-30 seconds, then for my Warframe to die and permanently looking out into space. I could only see a small portion of the tileset. With the game being unresponsive I had to close the Warframe window through the Windows Task Manager. I tried to then restart the game for it to say it was still running, so I restarted my system and now I am encountering the same problem as dancool57. The only method I have not yet tried is to re-install (nearly a 5 hour download, I have a real life), as I only did this 3 days ago because I could not log onto my Steam account (re-installed from the Warframe website) please help

Just got this as well right now...I don't really see myself reinstalling over and over just to keep playing the game, my time is too valuable for that. Seeing how I'm not the only person, something must be amiss here. 

Especially since Warframe is running on a very fresh system with hardly anything else on it. (OS, drivers, 2 games, browser...that's literally all there is on it.)

Same happened to me. I just finished a Survival mission on Mimas. And then the game froze on me. I Could only see the extraction point. Then it faded to black. And all I could hear was my ship but nothing happened. So I shut Warframe down through windows. Tried to play again but got the same message over and over again. Game could not update. Deleted all content and reinstalled the launcher. And still it won't let me update.

yeah my step brother got this before me and were on the same router nothing wrong with router half hour later i got it now warframe is giving this message

Update failed!

The content servers are temporarily unavailable.

ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT

The update will be restarted shortly..

according to steam there is 112 files errored and it redownloaded them and still stuck at checking update, happened around 6 am Central time figured maybe a new update but last time i was in game when one went live and this didnt happen

as for while it happened and i was in game i could rotate my character, but everything else was frozen i then had to force close it in task manager because it had suddenly frozen in background

Edit 2.0 also justed noticed when i turned the launcher on now it launches 3 times in my Task manager, never did that before

Edited by DamagedNeko

As I am not a user of any social media sites, I would like to thank chateauvert86. 

Maybe if I checked this forum fully, not just the specific area i thought I had problems with, I would not have gotten myself wound up over something so trivial

Edited by eXgiraffe

WARFRAME ‏@PlayWarframe 25m25 minutes ago

Reminder: Warframe is now offline for maintenance for a remaining duration of 1 hour. Apologies for the downtime!

Its not your computer or connection, its maintanance. Please be paitent.

Since I don't use Twatter and the forums don't seem to have a big announcement about this, either...it's easy to miss out on that.

Edited by Shehriazad