Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Fix The Certificate Error On Windows Xp?

Matt92

Question

A friend is running XP and can't connect to the game, he has some old version of internet explorer and can't find how to add certificates. We used to be able to play a couple of years ago, does the game just not support XP anymore?

10 answers to this question

Maybe this

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer-8-details.aspx

http://www.filehippo.com/download_internet_explorer_xp

Don't worry, i also run windows xp, security issues are not a problem, i can't acess my router in windows 7 for an unkown reason and despite being able to run more things on windows 7, some will stop working and the ones i can make it to work will run poorly due to the outdated hardware i have.

In general it's better to update, but that are always reasons to stick with windows xp, as i mentioned if you have a good conduct online, if you know what is running on your OS, if you do backups, if you use firewalls, javascript disablers, an antivirus and an account without admin priviledges then you are good to go.

Modern OS are more secure because they need to compenssate for ppl ineptitude to actually have a good conduct online, they also update often due to security problems, but again it is far more likely that the HDD or the SSD fails.

Edited by KIREEKPSO

A friend is running XP and can't connect to the game, he has some old version of internet explorer and can't find how to add certificates. We used to be able to play a couple of years ago, does the game just not support XP anymore?

I have windows XP on my older computer and it runs fine. What system pack are they running?

(InB4 people spouting crap about updating to win 7. Some people can't afford to do it now get lost. I for one see no point in running win7 on a computer that doesn't even have a 4gb of ram. It's a work PC which I use casually and has been working fine and will continue to work fine.)

Edited by Lilliannette

SP3. The game does start, he just can't log in.

What is the error message when he tries to login? Is it a failed to connect to the server?

Also what version of internet explorer is installed, I'm not certain it has much to do with it but the internet explorer version I have installed on this win xp machine is 8.0.6001.18702

If his internet explorer isn't upgraded perhaps it might need an update.

Edited by Lilliannette

What is the error message when he tries to login? Is it a failed to connect to the server?

Also what version of internet explorer is installed, I'm not certain it has much to do with it but the internet explorer version I have installed on this win xp machine is 8.0.6001.18702

If his internet explorer isn't upgraded perhaps it might need an update.

How do you update IE on XP? Damn, I wish my friend spoke English.

Maybe this

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer-8-details.aspx

http://www.filehippo.com/download_internet_explorer_xp

Don't worry, i also run windows xp, security issues are not a problem, i can't acess my router in windows 7 for an unkown reason and despite being able to run more things on windows 7, some will stop working and the ones i can make it to work will run poorly due to the outdated hardware i have.

In general it's better to update, but that are always reasons to stick with windows xp, as i mentioned if you have a good conduct online, if you know what is running on your OS, if you do backups, if you use firewalls, javascript disablers, an antivirus and an account without admin priviledges then you are good to go.

Modern OS are more secure because they need to compenssate for ppl ineptitude to actually have a good conduct online, they also update often due to security problems, but again it is far more likely that the HDD or the SSD fails.

That worked, thanks!