Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ooc/q&a/recruiting]The Setup, Redux & The Lounge

SpaceHelicopters

She could do that, but she prefers to let her be loose and I don't think that she don't want to put the extra effort to braid her hair every time when she is going on to a mission and then un-braid the hair after the mission. So the "quick" option it is. She would only braid her hair during certain ceremonies or holidays. 

...I don't know how to say this without sounding snarky. But that just sounds like an excuse for you to have her hair fall down over her back for all to see and stand in awe every time she removes her helmet like some anime character.

You don't even have to make that many braids, one would be enough. And believe me, women with long hair with that kind of occupation will not have it loose. And her having to "braid and unbraid" before and after every mission just sounds like vanity. As if she doesn't want people to see her unless she got that long hair hanging loose to play with.

Having it up in some sort of hairdo would also give the advantage of removing her helmet to then put it back on if/hen needed on a moment's notice without having to take the time tuck all that hair back in. Having a brake? Just taking a snack only to have to get on the move again? No problem. Be prepared (hardyharhar)

Loose hair is impractical, braids aren't. And believe me, fighting women are more concerned with practicality rather than "looking pretty for de boyz". Braids (or any other hairdo that can fit under a helmet), practical. Loose hair, impractical.  

Letting your long hair hang loose is something you have when having time off and when you are certain that you're not going anywhere or are going to be put in a situation where you'd have to fight. So it really should be the other way around. Loose hair is for holydays.

...I don't know how to say this without sounding snarky. But that just sounds like an excuse for you to have her hair fall down over her back for all to see and stand in awe every time she removes her helmet like some anime character.

You don't even have to make that many braids, one would be enough. And believe me, women with long hair with that kind of occupation will not have it loose. And her having to "braid and unbraid" before and after every mission just sounds like vanity. As if she doesn't want people to see her unless she got that long hair hanging loose to play with.

Having it up in some sort of hairdo would also give the advantage of removing her helmet to then put it back on if/hen needed on a moment's notice without having to take the time tuck all that hair back in. Having a brake? Just taking a snack only to have to get on the move again? No problem. Be prepared (hardyharhar)

Loose hair is impractical, braids aren't. And believe me, fighting women are more concerned with practicality rather than "looking pretty for de boyz". Braids (or any other hairdo that can fit under a helmet), practical. Loose hair, impractical.  

Letting your long hair hang loose is something you have when having time off and when you are certain that you're not going anywhere or are going to be put in a situation where you'd have to fight. So it really should be the other way around. Loose hair is for holydays.

Good point, but you have to keep that she may be not like the other female tennos and no, she does not do it to impress other male tennos. She isn't THAT good at thinking of the convenient way of putting her hair inside of her helmet. Before we get too deep into how she should put away her hair, we must keep in mind that this isn't the right place of discussion this kind of topic. I'm not trying to avoid the topic, but I think we could go on forever with this. Lets just leave the subject and accept that we got different opinions how we see it regarding hair in helmets.  :P

Good point, but you have to keep that she may be not like the other female tennos and no, she does not do it to impress other male tennos. She isn't THAT good at thinking of the convenient way of putting her hair inside of her helmet. Before we get too deep into how she should put away her hair, we must keep in mind that this isn't the right place of discussion this kind of topic. I'm not trying to avoid the topic, but I think we could go on forever with this. Lets just leave the subject and accept that we got different opinions how we see it regarding hair in helmets.  :P

*biting my tongue hard not trying to say it but fails* With the difference being that I actually know what I'm talking about.

*biting my tongue hard not trying to say it but fails* With the difference being that I actually know what I'm talking about.

And I don't know a *bleep* about braids. Since I'm a guy with no experience with braids in general. Have seen on a few occasion how they do it (mostly in movies). So there is that.....Anyway, are you planning to join the rp thread once it start?

And I don't know a *bleep* about braids. Since I'm a guy with no experience with braids in general. Have seen on a few occasion how they do it (mostly in movies). So there is that.....Anyway, are you planning to join the rp thread once it start?

Braid's aren't hard to make unless you go for the really elaborate Game of Thrones styles, and since your OC is a woman with long hair she shouldn't have a problem with it even if you do.

And I'm still debating that. Space hasn't proved to be very reliable when it comes to this. I don't want to waste yet another character. 

Braid's aren't hard to make unless you go for the really elaborate Game of Thrones styles, and since your OC is a woman with long hair she shouldn't have a problem with it even if you do.

And I'm still debating that. Space hasn't proved to be very reliable when it comes to this. I don't want to waste yet another character. 

Well, thanks, Wolfman, for asking the question I was too afraid to ask myself. 

I can see where you're coming from, and that's completely fair.

Well...I guess my woman OC could "try" a braid sometime. Will depend when it will happen and I will of course write how she reacts to it :3

Well, thanks, Wolfman, for asking the question I was too afraid to ask myself. 

You are welcome :)

-snip-

1.) Good OC

2.) I'm assuming his PMC is either affiliated or trying to affiliate with the Tenno?

3.) Could we get some physical Appearance?

4.) Love the M-920 Cain. Takes out the human reaper in two shots. Who doesn't love a mini nuclear explosion?

-snip

1: Dankeschon!

2: Hex is pragmatic. He realizes that the Tenno would be able to eliminate him and his entire army in one fell swoop if he makes a mistake anywhere. So to answer your question: trying to affiliate with the Tenno, just not directly, as to avoid suspicion from Corpus and Grineer

3: Messy mop of orange hair, fuzzy orange beard, generally unkempt look about him. Wears a grey overcoat (unbuttoned, unless it's cold) with a combat jacket underneath (think kevlar, except it would be able to stop modern day rifle rounds. Probably won't hold up against Grineer small arms, though.) Grey trousers. Green trim to everything.

4: People who thing 'overkill' is too much. To be honest, I never used the thing. Preferred the Collector Beam Rifle.

Post Note: Just read the MW mechanic. My birthday is in 7 days (13th Feb)

And I prefer wine, really. Beer is a bit to bitter for my taste.

-head explodes. Tiny stick figure pops out from my neck with a cartoonishly big megaphone-

"LAAAAADIES AND MENTELGEN! PLEASE WELCOME BACK THE ONE....THE ONLY....SPAAAAAACE HELICOPTERRRRS!"

[great to have you back! :D you just put a lot of people at ease]

....-head explodes. Tiny stick figure pops out from my neck with a cartoonishly big megaphone-"LAAAAADIES AND MENTELGEN! PLEASE WELCOME BACK THE ONE....THE ONLY....SPAAAAAACE HELICOPTERRRRS!"[great to have you back! :D you just put a lot of people at ease]

Well, that was unexpected.

-head explodes. Tiny stick figure pops out from my neck with a cartoonishly big megaphone-

"LAAAAADIES AND MENTELGEN! PLEASE WELCOME BACK THE ONE....THE ONLY....SPAAAAAACE HELICOPTERRRRS!"

*Bonks Exo on the head with a mallet*

Don't be ridiculous.

1: Dankeschon!

2: Hex is pragmatic. He realizes that the Tenno would be able to eliminate him and his entire army in one fell swoop if he makes a mistake anywhere. So to answer your question: trying to affiliate with the Tenno, just not directly, as to avoid suspicion from Corpus and Grineer

3: Messy mop of orange hair, fuzzy orange beard, generally unkempt look about him. Wears a grey overcoat (unbuttoned, unless it's cold) with a combat jacket underneath (think kevlar, except it would be able to stop modern day rifle rounds. Probably won't hold up against Grineer small arms, though.) Grey trousers. Green trim to everything.

4: People who thing 'overkill' is too much. To be honest, I never used the thing. Preferred the Collector Beam Rifle.

Post Note: Just read the MW mechanic. My birthday is in 7 days (13th Feb)

And I prefer wine, really. Beer is a bit to bitter for my taste.

Quick, everyone memorize that date! Except for you, Ghost. Try to forget your birthday so it's a surprise! 

*Drops a med-kit down Exo's open neck-hole* Thanks Exo! Not gonna lie, that little image made me laugh for quite a bit. :)

-and poof, The Exoterans head is present once more-

I'm glad I got SOMEBODY to laugh at my written antics :P

Now! With pleasantries out of the way, I'm going to ram a NEW new character so far up this roleplays excape hatch that it won't be able to ignore me!

Now! With pleasantries out of the way, I'm going to ram a NEW new character so far up this roleplays excape hatch that it won't be able to ignore me!

Okay, maybe this made me laugh a bit.

Oh Exo, I don't think I could ignore you even if I wanted to. :3

Name: Four

Frame(if applicable): Trinity

Personality: calm and grounded out of combat, nurturing, agressive and protective in combat, (as Duo) Sly and manipulative out of combat, animalistic and predator-like in combat.

Appearance: close cut black hair and brown skin, brown eyes toned physique under her armor. Her armor red and gray with the number 4 branded on her arm and the armor.

(As Duo) imagine the sunken in eyes of the animals at FNAF and put em on her.

Brief History: (its a little lengthy to me, still trying to iron it out but this is mostly the main idea)

<spoiler>

Her Cryopod was originally on a Grineer ship until an infested ship overtook it. Being stuck with the spores they emit, they started to afflict her inside the pod until her body became something of a virus nursery. When she was awoken by other Tenno, they woke something else up as well. That squad was never heard from again, yet a single Trinity bearer left the ship without a scratch; and from that experience she met her "Passenger". The months of being exposed to the infected spores allowed some of the virus to manifest as another conscious with its own needs and desires.

With nothing to explain it, she named it "Duo" for being "another her" in a sense. The beginning was almost like every Tenno, baing approached and enlisted by the lotus and doing missions and what not. But in the middle of one, something drastically changed, her . She lost consciousness in the middle of a raid, but when she woke up her suit was drenched in the blood of her apparent brothers and sisters. Their bodies were mutillated.

From the video feed of ones helmet, she saw what she became. The helmet split open like a mouth and the suit acted without her control. It was running around like a charger in her body, attacking nearly everything in sight. As the Tenno were alerted by the lotus, it attacked them, tearing into their armor with metal claws and teeth.

It ate them. It acted like a infested and satisfied its primal urges (well...her primal urges).

Ever since then, her body started producing viral spores actively. She uses a medicine devised by a Mirage she befriended to control the spore output and Duos' influence.

</spoiler>

Name: Four

Frame(if applicable): Trinity

Personality: calm and grounded out of combat, nurturing, agressive and protective in combat, (as Duo) Sly and manipulative out of combat, animalistic and predator-like in combat.

Appearance: close cut black hair and brown skin, brown eyes toned physique under her armor. Her armor red and gray with the number 4 branded on her arm and the armor.

(As Duo) imagine the sunken in eyes of the animals at FNAF and put em on her.

Brief History: (its a little lengthy to me, still trying to iron it out but this is mostly the main idea)

<spoiler>

Her Cryopod was originally on a Grineer ship until an infested ship overtook it. Being stuck with the spores they emit, they started to afflict her inside the pod until her body became something of a virus nursery. When she was awoken by other Tenno, they woke something else up as well. That squad was never heard from again, yet a single Trinity bearer left the ship without a scratch; and from that experience she met her "Passenger". The months of being exposed to the infected spores allowed some of the virus to manifest as another conscious with its own needs and desires.

With nothing to explain it, she named it "Duo" for being "another her" in a sense. The beginning was almost like every Tenno, baing approached and enlisted by the lotus and doing missions and what not. But in the middle of one, something drastically changed, her . She lost consciousness in the middle of a raid, but when she woke up her suit was drenched in the blood of her apparent brothers and sisters. Their bodies were mutillated.

From the video feed of ones helmet, she saw what she became. The helmet split open like a mouth and the suit acted without her control. It was running around like a charger in her body, attacking nearly everything in sight. As the Tenno were alerted by the lotus, it attacked them, tearing into their armor with metal claws and teeth.

It ate them. It acted like a infested and satisfied its primal urges (well...her primal urges).

Ever since then, her body started producing viral spores actively. She uses a medicine devised by a Mirage she befriended to control the spore output and Duos' influence.

Hmm, interesting concept for an OC. I may pm you in the future about something you could possibly help me with...

Something you might enjoy...

*insert maniacal chuckle*

Side-note: Not saying the name was bad or anything, but in case you happen to like this alternate, have you thought of perhaps "Pseudo" instead of Duo? Just a thought.

Edited by SpaceHelicopters