The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ooc/q&a/recruiting]The Setup, Redux & The Lounge

SpaceHelicopters

I feel like at that point you're just being rude.

Civilization isn't about playing nice.

It's about playing everyone against each other in a massive game of politics and intrigue.

that may also be Crusader Kings, too.

Also, Shaka is an arsehole. HE DESERVED IT THE WARMONGERING GIT.

ALL HAIL SOVIET AMERIKA!

*plays the Soviet Americkan Anthem, and ticks that off the list of 'how to ruin history' in Civ V*

Cq time involving ALL of our oC's:

Your character has to work with one of the many OC's in the thread.

Here are the questions:

1. Who do they work best with?

2. Who would they argue with on the mission/interrogation of an enemy?

3. Why do you think your OC would work well with the other as a two man/woman team in combat?

4. What OC would yours have tension with during a mission? What type of tension?

Remember there can be multiple answers for each question, so ENJOYYYY.

Edited by (PS4)batman200087

Whoa, hard! I don't know each of the many OCs here that well yet. I'll try my best though. 

Souna

1. Working good with: Gaius, apparently. Cephalons who have a thick hide against being treated like a mere computer interface: Command in, Info out. Maybe Nium?

2. Souna does not argue during mission. She's a real friend of communication discipline (only talking when it's relevant to the mission). During interrogation though.... anyone who's at it too gingerly. Bad cop all the way.

3. Ohmygod. Even harder. With her 'buzzing around and raining bolts'-style, Fulgurus or Aegia might be of very much help laying down supressing fire. The Cephalons are useful if they can provide data of the battlefield.

4. Souna is tension personified. Let's make a list: 
Sab, Harley and Quinn: Too impulsive, too playful

Too many to call them seperately: They don't take it serious! Annoying and wasting time, often also bullets.

Maina

(Don't you think I only play grumpy grumps!)

1. Nisha, maybe Sebastian or Belrev (purely based on gut feeling)

2. In mission: Everyone lacking respect for the enemies. That is, being overly cruel or cold (cruel toying does count too!)
In interrogation: Everyone being to harsh. She's actually pretty good at convincing people that what she wants of them is for their best, and they want it too deep in their heart. (Does not work on MOAs and Rollers, obviously.)

3. Maina does not like combat. Whoever is best at handling things alone with a little scouting and moral support from the backline is fine.

4. Gaius if he's rushing, because she's a calm one.

Trying to teach proper respect to those who lack it. Probably offenders: Vandal, Shizu, maybe Belrev, probably Volun
Sab in rage: Absolutely no way of working it out until she calms down. 

This gonna be a tough one...

Fulgurus

First one, anyone who could stop an enemy in his tracks, giving moment for sniping. I guess it could be Sab or Aegia.

Second, if he was angry on someone from the team, most likely Fulgurus would shout on enemies instead of allies.

And third, Fulgurus would work great if he had one more marksman in other spot and someone who could get behind enemies. These would be Hexer (if I remember right that he's with railgun) and Arino (he could get behind enemies with his invisibility, to make sure they never come out of their cover, EVER)

Fourth, if he saw anyone from the teammates slaughtering the enemies, making their guts come outside, and spilling blood on the ground, it could make him remember about his "little problem", which would make Fulgurus rush to the battle blindly, and blood-hungry.

I hope I did it right, if not...

Edited by XionicoRX

Here are the questions:

3. Why do you think your OC would work well with the other as a two man/woman team in combat?

4. What OC would yours have tension with during a mission? What type of tension?

Belrev

1. Belrev would definitely work best with Vandal, Kana, Volun, and Silver. Possibly Souna, Aegia, Fulgurus, and MAYBE Quinn.

2. Quinn hands down. She punched him in the jaw which hurt him by the way, and in return got a sore hand from said punch. Imagine the river of curse words coming from the two.

"No Quinn, I didn't rupture his lungs, YOU did!"

"If you could stop moving around, that'd be great."

"You whipped him with a damn Lecta. Now he won't talk because his lips are slashed. Good job Quinn, really good job."

3. Vandal: Belrev and Vandal are like bros. Both work together quite well in combat, and both give back to each other. From what I can see they have the brotherly relationship of: "Big brother" (Vandal) and "Little brother" (Bel). No situation added due to the epic teamwork they showed during the mission.

Kana(Shizukana): Besides having attraction for each other which will come later, they compliment each other's different styles. She is more of the gun expert whereas Belrev is the hand to hand/CQC expert. But both know how to fight damn good. I can see a situation where Belrev is infiltrating a Grineer outpost, as Kana snipes down the targets who see'hear him.

Volun: Having a good friendship so far, Volun and Belrev prove their selves to be bery dangerous. Even more so if together on the same side. I could see a situation where Volun is drawing attention to himself using his powers, while Belrev abducts and eliminates the enemies who are too focused on the Volt to notice the Excalibur.

Quinn: If you have seen her episode of pure rage during the mission, then pair that up with Belrev's own, and you have a damn fine team of two VERY angry Tenno. I can see them brutally erasing their enemies in a gory and brutal manner.

4. Kana: Definite tension of ALL types.

1. Who do they work best with?

Hexer and Souna - Seem to be as qualified in diplomacy as in combat. Commanding presence, not easily intimidated but not seeking to intimidate either. Utilitarian, rather than egoistic (slightly cold, at times).

Sab, Krenn, Belrev, Volun

Too willing to resort to violence, inherently unpredictable, egotistical.

Is willing to be directed in combat (rather than having a personal desire to fight), acts mainly to support the squad (except where backed into a [metaphorical] corner).

Krenn, Four or Ghostar

Unfamiliarity with the infested/stalkers beyond the mythical accounts of colonists and Tenno alike.

A general unease/malaise more than anything, but also that they represent a gross perversion of life which mimics what it destroys. Unsure as whether to resent it or be in awe of its twisted beauty.

1. Belrev since they are best buds so they can trust one another. He is one who he can trust dearly.

2. Sab... Or Quinn.

3. Belrev: They are best friends so he will be a great addition.

Silver:  After their work in the first mission, they'd work together again.

Souna: After his first encounter with her, she'd be a good teammate

Sab: Just for the strength really but arguments would ensue.

4. Souna with a good slash bad tension... The bad tension being her snobby personality.

Here are the questions:

Hexer

1: With a team capable of keeping the heat off of him while not dying. Sniping is fragile work, after all.

2: Anyone who puts forward an idiotic idea that wouldn't work, even for him.

3:To 1: he's a sniper/sharpshooter. Having someone distract the enemy from the guy who does the most damage is a common ploy. To 2: Hexer may be an idiot, bit he has limits!

4: Alcohol and duct tape. Don't ask.

Umbra

1: Prefers to work solo. If he has to work in a team, he rushes ahead and does everything as fast as possible.

2: His own Cephalon, Sudo.

3: Unless it's a life-or-death situation, Umbra and Sudo rarely work well together.

4: Umbra doesn't like tension. It usually leads to giant space turkeys.

Gaius:

1) Gaius works well with anybody. He is good at adapting to many situations and changing his style to suit any need. So long as the person he is with can follow orders and won't go headfirst into more trouble. Gaius can't stand irrational impulse.

2) Gaius would probably argue a lot with Nisha, Belrev, Krenn, Sab and the list keeps going. Gaius will keep his mouth shut when the mission is riding on it, but he is prone to arguing with most people.

3) Gaius could mesh well with Kardin, as well as Hexer. For the most part, Gaius works well with most but I think that people like Hexer would work the best with him.

4) Gaius could have tension with a lot of people. First off Krenn, because Gaius hates stalkers with a passion. He could also have tension with Sab since she is more so for the front door approach, which Gaius would be fine with were it not for her attitude.

Sebastian:

1) Sebastian works best with with someone who he can reliably predict. Sebastian can work well with people like Sab who can in most cases act without consequence, or Hexer who can also make plans on the field. Overall, Sebastian works well with whatever he is given.

2) Sebastian would argue a lot with Souna, as well as Belrev. Souna because Sebastian has a hard time tolerating people like her and Belrev because of his constant shift of focus.

3) Sebastian would mesh well with Hexer and Kardin because he views them as reliable and trustworthy. If he needed to give them an order, he is confident that they would do it, which is exactly what he needs.

4) Sebastian would have tension with Souna, mostly because of bad experiences he has had with the dignified type. He would also have tension with Quinn's team for letting her get captured. At least that's how he will see it.

Quinn:

1) Harley. That's it.

2) Everyone. Quinn does not come off as kind and is often rude to most, and holds a particular resentment towards Belrev.

3) Quinn can only work well with Harley, and even then thats kinda rough.

4) Quinn would have a lot of tension with Belrev. She would also have tension with Souna, because Quinn is going to be incredibly envious of Souna.

Hello again, I know that I haven't said that much lately (still watching the main thread FYI), but I do have an "status update" regarding me re-enter the main thread.

I originally planned to use the two oc's I used before the major event, Erida and Luna, but then I got an idea to instead use one of my oc's that I used in the thread before the "relaunch" of the current thread (The oc's being Arthas and Fang).

Now I have a third idea (probably the last one) on which OC's I will use: One oc from the current thread and one oc from the "original" thread. This combo that I will be using is going to also be an interesting "experiment" by me, to see how these oc's would react in the presence of each other.

It will be an odd oc combo is the only hint I will give to you. I also have an idea on how I would re-enter the thread again.

My oc's "bios" can be found on my profile in case you are wondering (but I guess most of you guys already know about that :P). 

Sab

1. Hexer, Fulgurus, Four, Nium, Aegia.

Sab works best with the people that can provide support without clashing, or join her in her destructive rampages (as long as they don't take all her kills of course)

Even though they may bicker Nium knows not to carry this into the mission, and as long as they don't clash Sab prefers to smash her enemies over the Cephalon.

2. Gauis, Souna, Arino

Pretty much anyone that relies on stealth or whos personality classes with hers, since she does bring that sort of thing to the battlefield. While she would be trying screw them over Sab wouldn't try to directly injure them or get them majorly hurt, unless they physically try to subdue her. THEN they're f*cked.

3. Hexer moat likely.

Not only has the little hooman been shown capable of atleast moderately dealing with Sab's sh!t but he also fills the sniping niche to support her.

4. Souna. Definitely Souna.

Took me long enough!

Name: Tharl

Frame(if applicable): Chroma

Syndicate(if applicable: Steel Meridian

Personality: Serene, meditative, loves nature and animals. Not afraid of violence but not keen to kill either. Claustrophobic.

Appearance: Silver armour with white energy (most of the time). A dent in his left shoulder plate and dullness from sand abrasion on the shinplates and forearms of the armour.

Brief History: Initially woken in Mars' Silvanus sector, cryo-pod protocols overridden by a Corpus scavenger team after the pod was recovered from a desert skate-inhabited ravine...knowing nothing of his identity, the lotus or the cause of the Tenno, he was kept in a cage alongside skates and kubrows to be sent off-world for experimentation (likely to be handed to Alad V). As the expeditionary craft began to alight it was critically damaged in a Steel Meridian assault (wanting supplies for a small colony in the sector and revenge for three of their own, killed by the Corpus when it was assumed they were regular Grineer forces). Searching the craft, the colonists found the circuitry blown, the crew frozen and a scorch trail leading out the fissure which their rocket had created - a year later he was found by those such-same colonists, investigating a desert skate cluster that had been aerially bombarded by the Grineer. He was taken in by a Grineer sergeant [Dhun Gaxton] and his adopted family, and over the course of the next five years he was taught to overcome his animalistic behaviours and served as protector for the colony in spite of constant cross-faction turmoil in the region. 

Initially Chroma was able to assist, simply by being faster and tougher than any human soldier, serving mainly on Spy missions as conflict could be avoided. However, the intel gathered during these infiltrations increasingly suggested that a more substantial invasion of Mars would be made by the Grineer in the near future, Silvanus sector included. Tharl was sent off (in a shuttle scavenged from the debris of countless skirmishes) to the Tenno Relay on Venus whereupon he would be received by Steel Meridian and instructed in the art of combat and in the use of his abilities, so as to be able to protect his new-found family. The Tenno there were irked to have him in their presence, he would refuse to abide by almost all social convention and openly rejected the supremacy of the Lotus' cause, seeing the objective of balance as representing too narrow a view of 'the greater good'. However, on the day he was to leave the station with a view of returning home he was sent the somewhat joyous news that the invasion had been postponed by other upcoming combat operations involving the 'Crimson Lotus'. The one caveat being that he should best spend the time remaining with more combat-experienced Tenno (suggesting that he should travel to the Orcus Relay on Pluto. Little does he know, as he leaves, that his ship has been sabotaged by two particularly vindictive Red Veil operatives (spurned by his alliance with S.M and refusal to ally with the Red Veil) and that the heat of atmospheric entry will stop Tharl from ever making it to the relay. Instead, the Dodd waystation is Tharl's only hope of avoiding being stranded in the icy wastes below (if he had even survived entry).

Alright, so no complaints, just need a physical appearance description and perhaps a signature arsenal. Bring me those, and we'll see if we can get you in. :)

Name: Vestis Amator

Frame(if applicable) : Loki

Syndicate(if applicable) : Red Veil/New Loka

Personality: He is somewhat shy at first, but warms up progressively after interaction with someone, and is often kind to most, even if kindness might not be given to him.

Appearance: 6'2",

Brief History: Vestis is a recent "waker", having only been taken out of cryosleep for about two days to a week, initially. is a moderate Tenno who is somewhat of a dependent yet experienced warrior. He abhors Grineer, and is frustrated by the Corpus, but would choose them over the Grineer nearly any day. Deep down inside, he has twisted fantasies, including capture, torture... but anyone even knowing he has such a mental burden is rare; you would have to be his best friend or more to find this out. These fantasies just might put someone in danger.

Relationships(confirm with others): Acquaintance of Belrev and Celorn [ https://forums.warfr...s4batman200087/ ]

Similar to Sharqi, I'm going to need more from you in terms of appearance, and an arsenal would be appreciated.

Here you go. So you don't have to try and find mine. ~Thankooo!

Name: Simply known as M

Frame: Mesa

Syndicate: None

Personality: Casual, careless demeanor. Caring on the inside, Doesn't open up to people easily. She takes care of teammates but disregards everyone else.

Appearance: Her mesa suit is standard colours. Carries dual vasto primes. Long black hair, Hazel eyes (Glow golden) Tans to keep regular skin colour (Slightly tan) Scar near right shoulder (From bullet)

Brief history: M's parents were part of a secret black ops team, causing major problems for all 4 factions, including the Tenno. They were mostly known as loose cannons and dangerous by their fellow Tenno so their missions mainly included killing, maiming or otherwise hurting someone. Shortly after waking up from cryosleep, they were attacked by an unknown Excalibur, murdering both parents and forcing the child to watch. M catches the rogue frame off-guard and kills him using her mother's Vasto Primes. The broken Mesa lived on the streets afterwards, gaining the valuable skill of killing people. She took any and every job she could to get money. She shows up at the waystation after being badly wounded from a mission gone bad.

Sorry for the wait on you end, Nirvan. I have no problems with M other than the Dual Vasto Primes. 

My only deal with that is because it doesn't exist in-game, and even though it doesn't seem like it'd be too hard to Ak them, it's more of a gateway that can lead to people trying to bring in custom weaponry that I'd rather just avoid altogether, which brings up problems I can complain about later.

And adressing all three of you: standard procedure - I have to confirm that you guys have read the Inner-workings of the Tenno. I'll be referencing it ~yada-yada-

Have you guys read it? If not, it's at the bottom of the lead post here in the OOC.

Edited by SpaceHelicopters

If you mean all those "Saryn is dead"-ones: They are Aids. The bottom of the barrel of gamers. People who deny factual numbers in favor of their own selfish, uneducated measure of what they think a game should provide. I am pretty sure that most of the people who are now whining they have to actually press more than 2 buttons (w and 4) to be relevant are the same that usually whine "uuuh, warframe has no proper endgame" and either "make things die easier on higher levels!" or "stuff's too easy". I won't call them CoD-Kiddies, I'll simply question the healthy development of their manners, sense of reward and general self-confidence.

If you mean the ones who actually try to shed light onto the new synergies: I like them.

If you mean all those "Saryn is dead"-ones: They are Aids. The bottom of the barrel of gamers. People who deny factual numbers in favor of their own selfish, uneducated measure of what they think a game should provide. I am pretty sure that most of the people who are now whining they have to actually press more than 2 buttons (w and 4) to be relevant are the same that usually whine "uuuh, warframe has no proper endgame" and either "make things die easier on higher levels!" or "stuff's too easy". I won't call them CoD-Kiddies, I'll simply question the healthy development of their manners, sense of reward and general self-confidence.

If you mean the ones who actually try to shed light onto the new synergies: I like them.

Threads like that make me miss the old days of U6.

And to that I say, BRING BACK THE NERVOS!

Give the whiners something to legitimately complain about.

I haven't been playing back then, what are the Nervos?

If you were in a mission with Grineer with two or more people, Seekers would deploy Nervos rather than Latchers.

Unlike the Latcher, which was a useless grenade that did bugger-all, Nervos would permanently lock you in place until your teammate shot it off.

God help you if you rushed ahead, because the maps were all Corpus ships. And there was no such thing as a fast elevator.

The seekers were still disproportionately powerful, if I recall correctly.