The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ooc/q&a/recruiting]The Setup, Redux & The Lounge

SpaceHelicopters

Okay, guys
I just had the weirdest thing happen in XCOM 2

So I was doing a routine hostage extraction mission when suddenly I triggered 2 sexy snake ladies Vipers and an Archon. Due to some OP BS in the sniping department, I got the Archon down and wounded one of the Vipers.
However, I had a Ranger in a bit too much close proximity.

One of the Vipers went in for a french kiss did the tongue-pull thing and hugged started choking the life out of the Ranger.
But this Ranger wasn't having any BS. Despite having no method of moving his arms, he still triggered his Bladestorm ability (free melee hit on enemies that enter melee range)
So he killed the Snake that had him bound.
THEN THE BUG HAPPENED

THE BOUND ANIMATION DIDN'T STOP LOOPING
SO THIS GUY KILLED A SNAKE AND WAS LEFT SITTING THERE LIKE SOME POOR SAP WHO WAS GOING THROUGH SOME SORT OF BDSM SHEISSE.
THEN ANOTHER SNAKE COMES UP AND TRIES TO BIND HIM, BUT NOPE.
HE STILL TRIGGERS BLADESTORM
Doesn't kill the snake, though. Maybe re-binding will fix?
Oh wait, stun lance. The Snake is knocked out for two rounds.
S#&$.

He also somehow gained the ability to teleport long distances as a result of not being able to move his legs, too. He managed to teleport from the ground to the roof of a nearby building.
He also developed the ability to kill people with his brain, despite not being a psi-op.

4iu78mV.jpg

This is the only screencap I took, because this is just too weird to catalog.

Edit: Oh, and I got a flawless rating for the mission
In other words, none of my operatives took any damage or needed healing afterwards.
THIS #@*&$@ GLITCHED SO HARD HE BROKE THE PHYSICS OF THE GAME

Edited by Ghost333

So for the guy without a working computer

(DAMNATION BE WRITTEN ON YOUR POSTERIOR CRYPTOWALL)

What's the new XCOM like? Y'know, for someone who wants to try getting into the games.

@(*()$

'A

MAN.

Plus it is easily edited (in regards to the .ini files, if you know what's going on there.) So if you want some catharsis, you can mod your dodge stats to 150 and your aim to 165 if you wanted (meaning: impossible to hit soldiers, impossible to miss enemies)

I only did the aim thing, though. It's a special kind of catharsis where you KNOW you can kill everything on the map, but one wrong move and everything can still kill you.

Case in point: the above Ranger getting smexed attacked by a giant snake with a sniper rifle

1. Get a Ranger, give Reaper mode

2. Give a hockey mask

3. Find a large group of ADVANT/Psi Zombies

4. ???

5. Profit.

In all honesty, I prefer the double-tap ability.

Deals more damage, much more consistently and if you have a Shadowstrike ranger (and modded shadowstrike to give guaranteed crits,) double tap on a Sectopod with full armour.

That #@*&$@ be dead.

and for more lulz, give the ranger an extended mag and an auto loader. Then he can double tap with impunity.

Whoo-ee! All these buttons...

I don't need to memorize all this BBCode anymore!

Anywhozers, I meant to do this earlier, but circumstance wouldn't allow it: our little vacation from the Setup is over and I hope you all are feeling reinvigorated both emotionally and narratively. Before we hop back on in, though, it's time for a roll-call!

So, if you're still here and are interested in continuing, I demand that you make your presence known at your earliest convenience. Anyone who doesn't check in between now and, oh, I don't know, the next two days; I'm going to assume you're out and am going to progress the story around you.

Additionally, given all this time you've had to think, no doubt you've also thought on your OC's a bit and how you want to further develop them. Or maybe you haven't. Regardless, to get the ol' gears turning again, along with your call-in, I want you to include a bit of a checklist for you OCs: some items that you want to get accomplished relatively soon, such as expanding existing relationships and such. I think with a clear understanding of each other's goals, we can really begin to power on and make some more headway.

Offering myself as an example, here are my short-term goals:

• Send Azelie and Harley home
  • Introduce Magdalene (and possibly Clara)
  • Reveal more of Keya's backstory and potentially deepen her relationship with Hex.
Spoiler
  • Finally get to the mini-mish. @w@

Edited by SpaceHelicopters

I'm still alive and present.

My goals for the future of the RP would be:

To send Sebastian back home to the dojo to recuperate and work with the info Gaius sent him towards finding his former comrades

Develop Gaius's relationships with Souna and Aegis 

To bring in Rollo, the odd-duckling of an Oberon

Flush out the members of Gaius and Magdalene's Dojo. Not to bring them in yet as characters but kinda show what all the dojo has in stock.

I am still here, under heavy workload, but with enough time to get a post out once or twice a week. Which was enough for the thread up until now, hope I'll keep up in the future too.

My goals with Souna are the following:

• Try to get some more information gathered for Souna to work with during the upcomming mission/s
  • Have some mission-preparation-RP to set her state of equipment for the future missions (She has some tools, and to avoid being called out for making up what I need, I usually mention her kit pre-mission somehwere)
  • Maybe shed some light on the relation of her with her Operator - and maybe some other Tenno's ones in the process. I won't force this. 

Okay, I am back
I was here this morning (about 10 hours ago now) and was encountering problems logging into the forums.
Then again, new stuff, new bugs. Can't wait for that one to get sorted.

ANNNNYYYWAAAY
I honestly haven't given much thought about what ol' Hex is gonna do in here. I'm more of a reactionary than a planner.
Which is gonna be a problem, because I am probably maybe going into University soon.
And I have already forgotten my student password.
And before anyone says anything, no I am not usually that godawful bad.

Spoiler

Though I suppose one objective would to be avoiding getting Hexer drunk. If that happens, I am going to ask for permission to take control of what happens after the time-skip, and no, there will not be any context.
At best, it's going to be duct tape. At worst, It's going to end with everyone in only their underwear on Phobos. At its absolute gods-forsaken worst, it will end with Hexer in a duct tape cocoon above a bed with two hookers in it. And a nearby video detailing the events of what happened previously, including a brief event where he somehow ended up a stripper.
The other would be his backstory to fit in with Warframe. I have it written elsewhere, but since Hexer is from a different universe that I myself am writing, integration may be...awkward.
Unless the Mighty Space Overlord and Great Commandy One allows for trans-dimensional fourth-degree warp #@*&$@y.