The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ooc/q&a/recruiting]The Setup, Redux & The Lounge

SpaceHelicopters

4 hours ago, Locky122 said:

<Character>

If I might ask you a little detail-question: What kind of sensory input does the motion sensor use? 

I am kinda suspicious to magic tools like "Detects all motion" or "Scans electronics", etc, because they are far too easily abused.
Also, there's no singular sensor that can't be tricked. Seismographic tracking can be fooled by heavy machinery, acoustic movement detection does not work in very loud places or through materials that isolate sound very well. 
I know that frames like Banshee do in fact provide absolute information ingame, but in RP, it's nothing you should do. I think it would be very kind to provide information on how it works in general (no phsyics degree needed) and how precise it is: Does a mosquito count as 'motion'? A heartbeat? etc. pp.
After all, assuming that your sensor works through walls and also behind you, you could notice enemies without a blind spot = be unbackstabbable, locate runnig machinery like reactor rooms, get a bearing of surrounding pathways if those are used by patrolling guards/rats/etc.

I do no know if you are a person prone to overpowering characters, and I don't want to incline that you are. It's just advice that can prove that you are not from the very start, that you know such a mighty tool comes with downsides and at a price.

It works off of sonar and yes, it can very easily be disrupted by loud noises.

Essentially, he only uses it to see if there is any activity around the corner he is about to go around, as the fuzzy image Kerfrom does get cannot determine what enemy it is: only really the direction it's travelling. Plus: it is only accurate in a somewhat short range (The 25m radius is it's maximum range in a quiet environment, when the target is in line of sight. Half that distance if it's noisy or through a wall, quarter that if it's both)

I hope that clears it up, otherwise I might just remove the feature: he doesn't use it much, anyway

Edited by Locky122

3 minutes ago, vodkacrepper said:

just add this information to the sheet, under a spoiler, on a "Additional Info" tab, just do it, remember that you have to ALWAYS specify things like that on "custom" equipment

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind

1 hour ago, IceDragonofAmber said:

Not yet, you'll know when Space or IrishHades says something in this or the Death of a Dream OOC.

Space has a slight habit of disappearing (no offence) and forgetting about appliations so you, Vodka and BigBush might have to remind him when he comes back.

Perhaps someone played Loki a bit too much

Hexer would be the one that is hardly ever there, constantly doing other things.
Mostly because he is terrified of the responsibility of raising a child. Slightly because he actually IS doing other things.
To compensate, he'd arrange either adoption or a nanny.

Umbra would act like an overprotective mother.
ALL the OPT Mum tropes.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MyBelovedSmother

ALL OF THEM

Kana's children would be raised on a very militaristic way, with lot of rules and harsh punishment when they break one.

With compulsory training sessions when the right age comes.

Tyr (NOBLEBRIGHT!) Children will become monks 99%. As he too is a very, very radical character.

I don't even want to know how Kain children would become by being raised by a Grineer scientist who vivisects warframe and Tenno alike, unless they were some kind of baby tubeman experiment he would enslave them when they are old enough.

Hept Der is undergoing rework, so i can't talk for him.

At last there's Lastian, he simply wouldn't raise childrens, probably opening adoptions for them...

...or enslave them if they were not perfect by Orokin Standards.

They should be all.

Souna as a mother... good god. Void save that never happens.

She'ld be strict, very focused on her childrens education and training, and rather harsh at punishing, but allows each of them to unfold individually. She does not want them to be like her in every way - just in one way:
She'ld be absolutely unforgiving for slacking off. She expects her children to give their absolute best in every single way - no matter to how much that actually amounts, or what the cost is. 

She'ld probably be raising a bunch of elitists.

Edited by ArrexDrandko

Kerfrom would be one of those parents that raises their son/daughter by keeping in mind what they want to do and do anything in his power to get them there. Mind you, that still won't stop him from teaching them how to pull anything that is machinery-based apart, then putting it back together with their eyes closed, and/or teach them to fly shuttles just for the sake of it.

Also, if anyone tries to f*ck with his kid/kids, he will hunt the person who did it down and choke them with their own spinal chords...