The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ooc/q&a/recruiting]The Setup, Redux & The Lounge

SpaceHelicopters

1 hour ago, WolfmanX9 said:

Want to know something silly? In the Rp thread "Tenno HQ", my Excalibur (Arthas) is as of now a kubrow version of himself, togheter with a succubus who my Nekros  (Fang) revived by a demonic ritual. Yeah...sounds kinda crazy, but it is fun non the less :P

That description is overly general and ultimately boring.
You make it sound routine, but not in the 'Rick and Morty's Morty casually reacting to a race war after a hive mind relinquished control of an entire species' sort of routine.

13 minutes ago, Ghost333 said:

That description is overly general and ultimately boring.
You make it sound routine, but not in the 'Rick and Morty's Morty casually reacting to a race war after a hive mind relinquished control of an entire species' sort of routine.

I only tried to summerise the plot that my characters are currently in, not trying to make a movie trailer about it :P

3 minutes ago, WolfmanX9 said:

I only tried to summerise the plot that my characters are currently in, not trying to make a movie trailer about it :P

You could have at LEAST put some EMPHASIS into your words, man!
Make it sound interesting!
Awesome!
SPECTACULARRRRRRR!

Sadly, there seems to be a lacking of the good serious threads nowadays (Brimstone for example.)

Everything else seems to be too...childish, if you will. Theoretically, it sort-of makes sense, considering Second Dream & Operators and the like, but that would mean neglecting the fact that players often play their Tenno characters as Adults within the warframe. That very situation is probably what throws me off from following most other threads nowadays.

Either that or I've simply set my standards too high, but disregard what I say - We're entitled to our own opinions, are we not?

And to be fair, there's nothing wrong with all these threads, they are forum games after all, and they have their own niche of appeal with others, I suppose I'm a tad bitter, really - I remember lurking on the Of Ash & Fire roleplay thread before the roleplay forums became its own thing - There was a higher standard of overall quality back then.

Now then, please forgive the wistful nonsense that is my typical dialogue, and have a free mental hemorrhage.

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, InfiniumV said:

Sadly, there seems to be a lacking of the good serious threads nowadays (Brimstone for example.)

Everything else seems to be too...childish, if you will. Theoretically, it sort-of makes sense, considering Second Dream & Operators and the like, but that would mean neglecting the fact that players often play their Tenno characters as Adults within the warframe. That very situation is probably what throws me off from following most other threads nowadays.

Either that or I've simply set my standards too high, but disregard what I say - We're entitled to our own opinions, are we not?

And to be fair, there's nothing wrong with all these threads, they are forum games after all, and they have their own niche of appeal with others, I suppose I'm a tad bitter, really - I remember lurking on the Of Ash & Fire roleplay thread before the roleplay forums became its own thing - There was a higher standard of overall quality back then.

Now then, please forgive the wistful nonsense that is my typical dialogue, and have a free mental hemorrhage.

Reveal hidden contents

Well, there is a deficit of serious threads. Would really enjoy one myself, but our views are the minority and don't settle the trend. Still, due to DE's "Unique&Original" lore approach, we don't really know how many revelations they will grace us with, and so we don't have any form of the solid canon, alas.

2 minutes ago, vodkacrepper said:

It is, and i do not see the problem.

Why did they have to include Satan?! It's already hard to play for me (first time playing XCOM) and now there's Satan? They should be outta their damn mind...

Edited by XionicoRX

29 minutes ago, InfiniumV said:

Dear lord. XCOM 2 looks fun - Is there any LAN capability, or is it a Solo game?

Also, what is so awful about 'Quote' JETPACK SAAAATAAAAAN 'Unquote', or rather, the new "King" archetype units, Ghost?

Okay, so there's 3 Rulers, right?
There's the Viper ruler, which can grapple/tongue pull as usual. Comes with freezing breath, and more health than a Sectopod.
Then there's the Berserker Queen, which comes with F*** YOU melee, F*** YOU AoE attack and a F*** ALL OF YOU ability called 'Faithbreaker' that forces ALL WOUNDED UNITS to make a panic check.
Then there's the Archon Ruler/JETPACK SATAN. It can grab a unit, fly up to the skybox and then piledrive them into the curb and has an upgraded Blazing Pinions that can either stun, disorient or knock out soldiers hit by it.

And all of these guys get a free movement after your soldiers move.
As in, you make a move/attack, and these S#&$bags get a free hit back.
It's like chess, except if you F*** up, you get a chainsaw up the sphincter.

Oh, and that Blazing Pinions thing?
It triggers the next time the Archon Ruler gets an action.
MEANING YOU EITHER MOVE AND F*** EVERYONE OVER
OR DON'T MOVE AND RISK A CODE BLACK.
THAT IS WHY THAT THING IS JETPACK SATAN IF IT GETS A SHOT OFF.

1 minute ago, XionicoRX said:

Why did they have to include Satan?! It's already hard to play for me (first time playing XCOM) and now there's Satan? They should be outta their damn mind...

Read above and you'll see it's much, much worse than ONE satan.

Anyhow, the saving grace of all this? If you kill the Rulers, you get to skin the #@*&$@s and make armour out of them.
Viper Ruler has a suit of armour with a grappling hook that freezes enemies and can drag ADVENT soldiers out of cover
Muton suit gives you the Berserker Punch with the added bonus of it NOT CONSUMING AN ACTION AT ALL.
Archon suit is old-school Archangel Armour. I think. I need an Elerium Core to build one to check.

Oh, and 4 new weapons to murderfuck the #@*&$@s
A Bolt Launcher with a higher chance of stunning Rulers (20% chance to stun everything else)
A pistol with an ability where, if it kills something, the user immediately enters concealment
A pair of axes, one of which can be thrown once per mission (and does not consume an action)
And a cryogenic grenade, which freezes targets for 3 turns (or rulers for 3 reaction movements.) Has F***-all blast radius and deals no damage, but that honestly isn't the point.

OKAY, so I finally got the Icarus suit in XCOM 2.

It's beautiful. It mixes the Thin Man genetic implant from Enemy Unknown and the Codex's teleport ability (with much shorter range)

In other words, you don't need anything else for mobility.

excePT FOR THE @(*()$ FACT YOU CAN'T BUILD MORE THAN ONE DESPITE THE @(*()$ FACT YOU CAN BUILD AS MANY @(*()$ R.A.G.E. SUITS AND SCALE SUITS AS YOU @(*()$ WANT.

So I watched Markiplier play a bit of the new DOOM.

I HAVE A MIGHTY NEED AND A MURDERBONER FOR DAEMON BLOOD!
BLOOD FOR THE BLOO-ACTUALLY NO.
I'LL RIP AND TEAR MY WAY TO THE BLOOD GOD.
HE'S HUGE!
THAT MEANS HE HAS HUGE GUTS!
RIP AND TEAR!
RIP AND TEAR!