The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ooc/q&a/recruiting]The Setup, Redux & The Lounge

SpaceHelicopters

There once was a song that sparked my creativity. That song was about a character named "Sona" from League of Legends. I gave the song a different interpretation, and that process led to my warframe-character being developed. So i changed the name a little, but kept a similar basis, just as I did with the song. 

And thus, it came to 'Souna'. ^^ (for those who know the original character: Yes, at the start I imagined her using Banshee. Changed for metaphorical reasons)

Hi, guys. I'm back. :)

Oh and for the question,

I wanted to name my character with something related to sniper rifles and their firepower, so I thought of Lightning, but then I remembered where that was used. Later I thought of Thunder,

Wait, are you talking about the U2004/3 (I can't be bothered to check when it was introduced, I only played 2004) Lightning Gun?

Oh.

Well, Lightning still would've been awesome.
Lightning gun was awesome, though I think it was a nerf to the Sniper Rifle from previous Unreal games.
Apparently the gun was overpowered to the extreme. Plus it had no trail and more often than not was a one-shot kill.

Time to answer another question, guys. Gotta keep the thinking train moving.

How did you name your characters?

I was just trying to think up a badass name for Ghostar. And I ended up with that. A ghost and a star.

For Silver, I based it off the colour of his warframe.

And Omnipotence, I was trying to get something sinister.

The reason I took Arthas to my Excalibur character was that I really like the origin of the lich king from World of warcraft (even got the novel and I know, very lore nerdy, but hey, it is a good read :P). Before the Lich king became who he was, he was a paladin by the name of Arthas. Another mini reason is that Arthas sounds very similar to the wielder of the Excalibur sword known as Arthur.

I picked the name Fang for my Nekros because it was the only name I though would "fit" his personality and I tried to find the origin of the name, sadly the name doesn't really have a story behind it. Fun fact about this name: It can be used for both genders. So if Fang was a female Nekros user, I would still call "her" Fang :P

The name Erida for my Valkyr is basicly the name of a god: The goddess of hate (which is quite fitting when you think about it). The reason why is because I remembered that most of the old gods have really interesting names, so I searched around the internet for a god who had a name that sounded good and have a relevant title to its name that would fit a Valkyr. 

Luna is also a name from a god (no **** sherlock): the goddess of the moon. I wanted a name that would fit the personality of a shy Nyx. You might think that I did the same for her name as I did for my Valkyr oc. However, that is not the case. I actually chose the name from a very popular cartoon show, from a character that had the exact name and like the goddess, was related to the moon with her body color scheme and her special talent. Some of you might have already guessed from what show I referred to, but for those who did not get it: I referred to the show "My little pony: Friendship is magic" and from the show I referred one of the princesses, knowns as "Princess Luna". You could say that I also borrowed a ponies personality from the same show as an inspiration to her personality.

Kardin I got by mixing syllables. I started with ka because it is abnormal. Then I just started pronouncing random syllables until ka matched something decent. Kasi? Nope.

Kami? No.

Kado? A lot of Japanese sounding syllables here, but I'm trying to avoid too many japanese style characters

Elderith I stole from the final boss of a ps2 gem. "Baulders Gate; Dark Alliance"

Edited by (PS4)akirayokoshima

I don't want to set the wooooorld on fireeeeeee...

I just want to free...it from aliens...

I've lost all ambition for wordly acclaim

I just want to set the Advent aflame

And with your admission, just give me the plane!
I'll reach that goal in a month or ten maybe...

I don't want to set the world on fire...

...I just want to kill all the mutoooooooooons!