Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Kubrow Need Recovery Time From Stasis?

Mickey33

Alright I love those kubrows. They are not versatile but situational as they have their own percepts (though Sunika's and Sahasa's are overlapped). Just like our old and trusty sentinels.

But I do not understand why kubrows need the long and tedious 3 hours to recover to switch? Sciences? No because this game is following DE's logic - an imaginary universe with unquestionable phenomenons. Example: force field from Nulifier and Volt's shield that eat everything, or Rhino's stomp breaks time dimension. These are not conventional thinking at all, at least in my book.

I do not see any reason beside making the switching kubrow process more tedious. They are time-consuming enough already with DNA stabilizer and interaction. Basically time sink plus credit sink. If there is no time or at reduced period of recovery, it would be a saving grace for kubrows! 

See. Don´t search for sense if there is none. This is Warframe.

You don't get it. The waiting time is a game setup. It is changeable to fit, to improve, to make it better rather than a waiting game. 

Your original post comparing a frozen human (me) without context. There is no clue whether I am in this universe (which I will die after being frozen) or in Warframe's (which I may live). Therefore it makes no sense when saying so.

For starters explain the awesome powers..... We can't, either because they are incomprehensive  for the human brain, or we just don't have the technology for it. 

The lore states its more than 4000 years into the future (If i remember correctly) so we could potentonally create those things.

But life is life no matter where we add it. Meaning a living organism needs time to heat up, and work correctly

You don't get it. The waiting time is a game setup. It is changeable to fit, to improve, to make it better rather than a waiting game. 

Your original post comparing a frozen human (me) without context. There is no clue whether I am in this universe (which I will die after being frozen) or in Warframe's (which I may live). Therefore it makes no sense when saying so.

See you are wrong.... You don't die from getting frozen. We humans just can't (Most of the time) re-heat a human correctly.

Have you ever heard of the Ice woman? She was frozen after a night in extreame cold, but doctors could actually save her life, even though they did not know how

Edited by Sadroth

For starters explain the awesome powers..... We can't, either because they are incomprehensive  for the human brain, or we just don't have the technology for it. 

The lore states its more than 4000 years into the future (If i remember correctly) so we could potentonally create those things.

But life is life no matter where we add it. Meaning a living organism needs time to heat up, and work correctly

Just as Lotus recharge our warframe in tutorial, we can speed up the process with... DE's power.

Why not do so for Kubrow? It does not need to make super sense, it just need to be more convenient, as a game. 

Depends on how the stasis is done. Lets face it, as the OP says, its all make believe pseudo science.

You could argue that its like a cryo sleep, in which time is still passing but the body is frozen. In which case you would probably need preparation time both before and after the process, injections to protect the body's cells from exploding when frozen etc.

On the other hand if its a genuine stasis, ie time stops, then the kubrow probably wouldnt be that sleepy after waking up as it would be like getting woken up immediately after falling asleep. Youd be a little wonky perhaps, but no more than that.

-

However from the gameplay point of view I think the 3 hour thing is just a little too blatent in its attempt to encourage players to pay to remove the stasis sickness. Or perhaps to give players a reason to use sentinels instead.

The problem is that as the OP says, the kubrows are mostly situational. If I want to go and do a capture alert, I want my Sunika now, not 2 hours after the alert has finished.

Which means that if kubrows are to be half as useful as sentinels, they need to be able to be changed around a lot quicker than they are currently able to be.

-

What I would suggest is it takes a little time to actually start and stop the stasis pod safely, so maybe15 minutes to put a Kubrow into stasis and 15 minutes to get it out again, (long enough to go and do a quick mission,) but the kubrow then has a health and combat penalty for a while, say an hour, which you could reduce/eliminate by giving them a stimulant potion/injection that you could make in the foundry. (Expensive blueprint, perhaps platinum to buy.)

And if DE still want to make money off kubrows, then I would suggest body armour packs, and additional cosmetic items, ie studded collars, antlers/horns, tails. And why not have a selection of interaction items/toys? Ie a cushion to lie on, a fluffy ball you can throw for them, rubber grineer leg to chew on, bowl of water/milk, litter tray etc.

Perhaps another way to extend the range of interactions is feeding them, not just petting them. (Id probably lose health and loyalty every day too if I didnt get fed.) Perhaps we should be collecting/bringing back a haunch of corpus proxy from missions to give them a snack. :)

-

Oh while Im at it, can I have a sentinel respawn consumable, again made in the foundry, that allows me to respawn a sentinel in the mission if the first gets blown up.

Edited by Grimlar

omg i jus wish ppl would stop complaining about trivial things like this, quite tiring to have to read silly topics like this over and over again. So everything in the game has to be super fancy and magical all of a sudden? And then tmrw another person just like the OP will come here with nothing to do and say "OMG DE add some realism to the game. Game so broke none of it makes sense..."

They never told us what type of stasis thats employed in the liset, but until we get a more advanced liset, deal with it. Stasis implies a deep sleep for a prolonged period, seems logical that kubrows take time to awaken; they're animals, not superpowered warframes. Why you even expect them to behave similarly, is illogical.

And to the person who suggested that it should be reversed i.e. 3 hours to go into stasis and 0 hours to recover....please, lets not get anymore ridiculous here. I think the max tolerance has been reached already.

For once,can some of you leave out real life comparisons in Warframe,please?

If you are so paranoid that you always compare real life situations to a video game,I think it's time you should see some sunlight.

On-Topic-

Yes,Stasis recovery is a "r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d" concept. It is the one thing due to which I don't use a Kubrow. And I am sure most of the players don't use platinum for rushing recovery.

If it's there for us to spend our platinum,I can tell that only an idiot is gonna do that.

Many of us requested DE to remove Stasis recovery. DE didn't listen. So,I don't bother about using a Kubrow. I believe there is more players like me. So,basically,DE worked hard to implement something and many of us don't give a "s.h.i.t" about it due to a small "r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d" mechanism.

Edited by NN13

It's a gamers choice.

Put them in stasis today and wake them up tomorrow, losing no health, with a three hour wait.. Or, don't put them in stasis and use them immediately tomorrow, with a penalty.

It's a gamers choice.

Not always true.

Suppose I do an Exterminate mission...I will take along my Sunika.

After that I want to do a rescue mission,which requires stealth. So,I need my Huras. But thanks to Stasis recovery I won't be able to use my Huras for the next 3 hours or if I don't spend plat(which I never will for recovery).

But,I can change Sentinels as much as I want.

Also,there are other problems with Kubrows. We get penalised if the Kubrows die in a mission,which would have been fine if they were actually better than the Sentinels. But I find only Huras' Stalk ability to be better than Shade's Cloak.

Also,before anyone says that they have high shields and hp so they shouldn't die....No,my Kubrows doesn't have high shields and Hp because I don't use Redirection and Vitality on my Warframes and DE had the bright idea of linking their health and shields to our Warframes,which also means that using a Kubrow with a squishy warframe a is kind of penalty.

Not always true.

Suppose I do an Exterminate mission...I will take along my Sunika.

After that I want to do a rescue mission,which requires stealth. So,I need my Huras. But thanks to Stasis recovery I won't be able to use my Huras for the next 3 hours or if I don't spend plat(which I never will for recovery).

But,I can change Sentinels as much as I want.

Also,there are other problems with Kubrows. We get penalised if the Kubrows die in a mission,which would have been fine if they were actually better than the Sentinels. But I find only Huras' Stalk ability to be better than Shade's Cloak.

Also,before anyone says that they have high shields and hp so they shouldn't die....No,my Kubrows doesn't have high shields and Hp because I don't use Redirection and Vitality on my Warframes and DE had the bright idea of linking their health and shields to our Warframes,which also means that using a Kubrow with a squishy warframe a is kind of penalty.

It's still a choice.

I'm personally of the view that Kubrow were added to attract a specific subset of game players. Mostly female game players. I see it this way because they have something that sentinels do not. A sense of attachment. It's expected that not every player will feel this.

It's why they need to be fed (call that whatever you like) and why they can be revived. I've lost lives trying to revive my favorite. I'm happy to take the risk since my Raksa (my favorite) lasts far longer than any sentinel, and has therefore has greater utility value.

If you want to do a stealth mission and don't have a stealth Kubrow, take a sentinel. You said yourself that you can change sentinels as much as you want. Your not being forced to choose a Kubrow.

Likewise, not using health or shield mods on your frame is a choice you make. There are tradeoffs galore here. More power means more Kubrow pain. Your sentinel will likely still be dead before long anyway.

Just because you personally won't choose one, doesn't mean it's not a gamers choice. And it doesn't mean they need to change, allthough I'd like to see their upkeep costs somehow scale with MR or hours played, to make them more palatable (read: cheaper) for newer players.

It's still a choice.

I'm personally of the view that Kubrow were added to attract a specific subset of game players. Mostly female game players. I see it this way because they have something that sentinels do not. A sense of attachment. It's expected that not every player will feel this.

It's why they need to be fed (call that whatever you like) and why they can be revived. I've lost lives trying to revive my favorite. I'm happy to take the risk since my Raksa (my favorite) lasts far longer than any sentinel, and has therefore has greater utility value.

If you want to do a stealth mission and don't have a stealth Kubrow, take a sentinel. You said yourself that you can change sentinels as much as you want. Your not being forced to choose a Kubrow.

Likewise, not using health or shield mods on your frame is a choice you make. There are tradeoffs galore here. More power means more Kubrow pain. Your sentinel will likely still be dead before long anyway.

Just because you personally won't choose one, doesn't mean it's not a gamers choice. And it doesn't mean they need to change, allthough I'd like to see their upkeep costs somehow scale with MR or hours played, to make them more palatable (read: cheaper) for newer players.

I didn't say I don't have a Huras (Stealth Kubrow).

I said that I can not change to it if my Sunika is outside stasis. Please don't twist my words.

What if I don't have a Shade sentinel,but have a Huras. I need to wait 3 hours to do a stealth mission? Not a good game design...

Ok,leave out doing missions. What if I want to switch from my striped Raksa to my Lotus Sunika because I feel like using it now? Wait 3 hours or spend platinum? Again bad game design....

Sure,I don't use health and shields mods on my Warframes,but why should my Kubrow suffer for that? I am using the Kubrow Health and shields mods. Linking the health,shields and armor of Kubrows with Warframes was a bad game design.

This design is so bad that DE had to change the Archwings' Link mods to Normal mods. Because playing Archwing missions with a Loki was not an option with the link mods. Same goes for Kubrows. We don't have a choice here. The default choice is to use a tanky warframe so you have good stats on your Kubrow.

The only reason why Kubrow Link mods were not changed was because very less people use them and because they are just companions,unlike Archwings.

I was not against the 100k credits needed for the stabilisers. But I was against the Fur Pattern Scrambler(which was removed) and the Stasis Recovery.

Lets face it. Stasis recovery is unnecessary. It is one of the things why we don't see many players using a Kubrow. No matter what reasons you give me,my opinion about Stasis Recovery won't change.

P.S.- My Carrier survives 40 waves of T4D most of the times,amongst all those bombards.

Edited by NN13

Just a real life example; I have to freeze and revive brain cancer cells which we cryogencially freeze in liquid nitrogen. Now these are individual cells and not a multi cellular organism.

When freezing the cells you want to go down in steps which commonly means they sit in a 4c degree fridge while I get everyting ready then get moved to a -20c for a few hours then at -80c overnight and then move them into the liquid nitrogen which is roughly -200c.

Wen reviving cells you want to get them up to room temperature quickly to avoid them dying. So you Get your vial out of the -200c and put it in a 37c waterbath till thawed.

So works the opposite to warframe.

However on a gameplay side of thing kubrows are awful. They make up with all these negative and maintence aspects of kubrows but then did really give them much of a role in the game. Now I dont want ot argue which is better out of sentinel or kubrow but overall we can see that they fulfill the same purposes at  about the same efficency but sentiels have zero maintenace. Kubrows are apprently going to get a lookin but who knows when that will be.

Another thing DE said they would consider making is a defrosting agent using cryotic and some other materials that would let you skip the defrost timer. However that never materialised and so kubrows remain the kings of micro platinum sinks.

Edited by MDRLOz