Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Npc Accuracy

[DE]DanielB

strictly RP speaking:

a higher level enemy is higher lvl maybe because he is better then others? So he gets better weapons better armor. Makes sense that his/her accuracy is just better.

Well, the "higher level is higher accuracy" statement might be just a guess by players who don't know how to actually dodge or lower enemy accuracy by making themselves a smaller target.

Well, the "higher level is higher accuracy" statement might be just a guess by players who don't know how to actually dodge or lower enemy accuracy by making themselves a smaller target.

Nah, higher level enemies (at least some of them) definitely seem to have better accuracy, especially at range and despite all the "acrobatics" we might do (some also do seem to have a shorter "wind up" in accuracy at close range, so much so that it becomes litteraly inexistant at some point, at least in my personal experience), no need for "testing" or gifs, mate, save your time. Or maybe test more enemies? Meh, nah, don't bother, like you said it takes time and in the end it probably wouldn't end up convincing everyone, with all the discrepancies between players' experiences of the game...^^'

They most probably use some form of scaling, just like for everything AI related (which kinda sucks IMHO).

Now... Is this scaling as "borken" (yes, borken) as the others? No idea. Depends on who you ask apparently lol.

Only our dear devs have an answer... hopefully.

P.S : Also I don't dodge. I take cover. F!ck dodging. I don't trust it. I trust hard, bullet stopping cover!... Most of the time...

P.P.S : OH! And when are enemies going to stop being freaking omniscient and have Godly reflexes? Maybe THIS would alleviate most issues people have with enemy accuracy right now? Making enemies stop shooting at you the nano-second you leave cover and have half the ship/base/whatever know EXACTLY where you are as soon as ONE sees you? This frustrates me way more than the rest honestly. >.<

Edited by Marthrym

Meh, nah, don't bother, like you said it takes time and in the end it probably wouldn't end up convincing everyone, with all the discrepancies between players' experiences of the game...^^'

Well, specifically what I mean is that now enemies have differing accuracy based on how far you are away from them, and how large of a target you are.

These are things they did not take into account previously, so a lot of older players probably aren't used to taking steps like getting outside the weapon's proper range and ducking and stuff... they probably just thought "this was supposed to reduce accuracy all-around" but they're still running around in game without using these types of tactics that work now so they're still getting shot up like before.

and have half the ship/base/whatever know EXACTLY where you are as soon as ONE sees you? This frustrates me way more than the rest honestly. >.<

Yeah this causes all sorts of issues with trying to stealth missions as well.

• 2 weeks later...

strictly RP speaking:

a higher level enemy is higher lvl maybe because he is better then others? So he gets better weapons better armor. Makes sense that his/her accuracy is just better.

Strictly RP speaking, players are given higher armor ratings or 'defense' at higher levels to counter-act higher accuracy in games in such a way that prevents lower levels from fighting higher levels, but allows for enemies with similar levels to the player to have a similar difficulty.

That kind of correlation doesn't exist in Warframe and it most certainly doesn't exist in a shooter where aiming = skill level.

Edited by Thaumatos

So, thanks to the tactical alert escalation, we all now agree that enemy accuracy becomes aimbot mode at high levels, yes?

Hello Lyssa,

It seems that you still have not accepted my friend request in-game so that we could meet up to fulfill me dodging level 100 ballista shots like you challenged me to weeks ago.

I have also sent you some PMs about this but you don't seem to want to do this.

Is there any specific reason why?

~Rydian

I've noticed that the grineer overall arent hitting me 100% of the time as I am flipping and running around, which is nice, but Ballista's still bug me.

My recent experience with them

http://plays.tv/video/55013bc2213fa677a7 (Sorry about music, I was listening to soundcloud in the background)

Oh, you didnt caught that? I didnt either when I was insta killed by a door. A ballista was a little ways on the other side of the door. >.<

It is nice to see that enemies are actually capable of missing at various ranges, it's actually almost hilarious how bad Ballistas and other sniper enemies are at hitting you point blank, but the supposed delay for an enemy to reach max accuracy is apparently non-existent. Enemies still seem to be capable of MLG3601337noscoping you the instant you open a door or round the corner. The only difference is that they can only do it if you're within their appropriate range, but if you are you're still more or less screwed just as you were prior to the changes.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

It is nice to see that enemies are actually capable of missing at various ranges, it's actually almost hilarious how bad Ballistas and other sniper enemies are at hitting you point blank, but the supposed delay for an enemy to reach max accuracy is apparently non-existent. Enemies still seem to be capable of MLG3601337tnoscoping you the instant you open a door or round the corner. The only difference is that they can only do it if you're within their appropriate range, but if you are you're still more or less screwed just as you were prior to the changes.

I think you just defined the very problem I have with Grineer above level 20 or so. They'll hit you the moment they see you, and in the case of the Ballista, that insant pop-shot usually drops shields or worse, from across a very large range, with not even a half second of time for them to actually aim first.

• 4 weeks later...

I think you just defined the very problem I have with Grineer above level 20 or so. They'll hit you the moment they see you, and in the case of the Ballista, that insant pop-shot usually drops shields or worse, from across a very large range, with not even a half second of time for them to actually aim first.

I am just going to drop this here.

1.HOW HOW DID THEY SEE ME, I mean the Ballista is almost invisible FOR ME because of DOF

2.So this represents a sane sniper accuracy,aim time and ttk?

Well done accuracy debuff, goal achieved.

Okay I am unfair, it works for corpus....

Edited by Cool3303

-video-

1.HOW HOW DID THEY SEE ME, I mean the Ballista is almost invisible FOR ME because of DOF

1. Probably some sort of nonsense based on one of the other enemies that died next to it and made some noise so the game automatically assumes the other enemies need to know your exact pinpoint location just because their friend died.

2. The Ballista is still a serious problem with this crap, because of how they tend to move (very jerky, erratic, lots of sudden changes in direction). The game's accuracy calculation takes into account distance, and their target's movement speed (in this case, basically none). What it doesn't seem to take into account how the enemy making the shot is moving at all. Grineer often run completely in the opposite direction, and then turn 180° and hit with the kind of accuracy they should only have if they were standing still and facing you already for at least a second. On both shots that hit you, the Ballista was moving or had just momentarily stopped moving. The first shot came like 1/8th of a second (guessing, because of slowed down video) after she pivoted about 90° and moved to cover, and the second shot was made during a full sprint out of cover. Neither of these shots should have had the accuracy they did. Any significant rotation of, say, more than 45° or so, or running/sprinting, or hurdling over obstacles should have a negative impact on their accuracy, or delay their next shot so that they actually have to take a second to line up their aim before they can actually hit you.

Edited by Centias

Accuracy is still broken AF--I've taken to just carrying a dark dagger with me everywhere, and blocking constantly. It prevents instant death, allows me to seek cover, and can be converted into melee mode, CC deployment, or casting from cover as applicable.

I'm not really sure if DE intends for us to be running around in a perpetual blocking state, but with the way I've modified my dark dagger, and the syndicate bonus mods, it's the most-effective answer for any frame that doesn't have traveling defenses.

<video>

1. They saw you because one of the enemies saw one of your team members or evidence thereof (missed arrows, etc.) and alerted the whole tile.

2. That's not even that far away, the Ballista is quite visible, and you were standing completely still the whole time.  Ballista damage might be overtuned but you totally deserved to get hit there.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

Accuracy is still broken AF--I've taken to just carrying a dark dagger with me everywhere, and blocking constantly. It prevents instant death, allows me to seek cover, and can be converted into melee mode, CC deployment, or casting from cover as applicable.

I'm not really sure if DE intends for us to be running around in a perpetual blocking state, but with the way I've modified my dark dagger, and the syndicate bonus mods, it's the most-effective answer for any frame that doesn't have traveling defenses.

Hello Lyssa,

You still haven't accepted the friend request in-game so that we can meet up and test your challenge to me (from weeks back) about dodging Ballista shots from a level 100 enemy.

I just re-sent the request in case it got lost in the system or something.

~Rydian

• 4 weeks later...

Yea, so I take it you only calculate from range, instead of taking movement into consideration. It might make the game calculate a tad more (though it shouldn't be anything all that demanding since it has all stats at it's disposal, even with a thousand enemies in the room) but I believe that movement is kinda important as hell.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have noticed that ancient's tentacle grab has become a bit odd post aiming changes. I will frequently see the ancient assume the pose indicating a grab has begun. I used to respond to this by dashing quickly toward them at an acute angle, and this would result in a miss 100 percent of the time. Post aiming changes I have frequently been grabbed at insane angles, including from the ancient's rear arc. Please look into this as it is really annoying and looks strange as well.

I have noticed that ancient's tentacle grab has become a bit odd post aiming changes. I will frequently see the ancient assume the pose indicating a grab has begun. I used to respond to this by dashing quickly toward them at an acute angle, and this would result in a miss 100 percent of the time. Post aiming changes I have frequently been grabbed at insane angles, including from the ancient's rear arc. Please look into this as it is really annoying and looks strange as well.