The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does People Hate Rhino?

tuba2000

Question

Every frame with the right mods is better than rhino. Rhino is the simplest to use when you are lacking mods. Most other frames need alot of different mods so when you are a noobie Rhino is your friend.

I think Rhino Sucks thats why I never use him. If anyone wants to tell me what game type and facing what level he is Best at then I will try and find something better. If I cant then I will retract my statement saying that Rhino SUCKS at everything.

how wrong that first statement is lol

Mirage has insane DPS skills
Excalibur is press 4 to win

Trinity literally gives infinite energy and infinite casting of skills

Limbo trolls

Yet people hate rhino because:

-Iron skin is godmode for level 1 enemies, pointless for level 30+ enemies, therefore its overpowered and a noob power at the same time?

-Rhino stomp utility, that cannot be recasted and only lasts 8 seconds and cannot be affected by duration mods, therefore considered OP (Yet there are other ultimates that are borderline cheating, aka loki disarm, nova m prime)

I never understand what the community wants. Before Damage 2.0 and before most of the big updates (U10, U11, etc.) yes, he was significantly overpowered because no other warframe has his damage immunity and utility, but now with the introduction of all these new mechanics, Rhino has been since forgotten and left in the past and his reputation somehow keeps with him as the most overpowered warframe and at the same time the "scrub" and "noob" frame.

Edited by Hitmonho

Every frame with the right mods is better than rhino. Rhino is the simplest to use when you are lacking mods. Most other frames need alot of different mods so when you are a noobie Rhino is your friend.

I think Rhino Sucks thats why I never use him. If anyone wants to tell me what game type and facing what level he is Best at then I will try and find something better. If I cant then I will retract my statement saying that Rhino SUCKS at everything.

not true at all, loki and ash can be just as simple with a lack of mods, as you can still hit semi perma invis/press 4 to kill freely. Also roar rhino is amazing imo, huge damage boost.

not true at all, loki and ash can be just as simple with a lack of mods, as you can still hit semi perma invis/press 4 to kill freely. Also roar rhino is amazing imo, huge damage boost.

Loki and Ash can be that simple but still noob god mode is preferred on the lower ranks. To a person who plays end game content Loki and Ash are much more amazing than Rhino. Nova's M. Prime>Rhino's Roar.

Rhino is easier to play than most other frames and is accessible incredibly early in the game. He promotes a very nonchalant playstyle early game due to Iron Skin being OP in the early game, later on when iron skin falls-off many players who had grown accustom to using (dependent on) Iron Skin to keep them alive are left flapping about with no idea how to adapt. The only playstyle that is going to leave you with trouble playing Rhino (in early to mid game content) is wearing the arcane thrak helmet equipping the hobbled key, refusing to use your abilities, and trying to kill things with a MK1 Braton.

Well, to be fair, if you go for a roar based build, iron skin IS the only thing that can allow you to take a hit without instantly melting. Man does the build take some slots.

Tell me what Rhino is best at and I am sure that I can tell you a frame that does it better. Be specific fighting what faction and what level mobs along with what game type. I have over 2000 hours in this game please try and prove me wrong.

Rhino does nothing best, but does pretty much everything.

As for rhinos main issue: His iron skin works exclusively on power strength. This gives him pretty strong offense and defense on lower lvls, he is the god of this realm but it doesn't scale on higher lvls, what maked his defense more or less useless.

You have to build on duration for higher lvls....what leaves you with roar, a weak support buff,and stomp, his expensive ultimate for CC.

People hate rhino cause you can't keep his working setup.

People don't really hate Rhino, they just hate a majority of the players that play Rhino.

It's a great self-reliant pubstomper frame to help you get through early game content. Most of the people playing it are probably using it to do just that.

For example, when I accumulate 40+ T1C keys and Void Trader is coming up, I use Rhino to rush the missions for primes to trade.

What most people don't understand when playing Rhino is that not everyone can keep up with you if just rush the mission when you get downed. And not everyone can make their way to you if you try to hallway hero.

He isn't exactly useless, but he is certainly more helpful than Limbo in most situations. I would say he's situational depending on the mission.

Edited by SenpaiNoticedYou

These people saying he teaches bad skills but give a newbie a properly modded Loki and Ash, they'll definitely teach great skills.

/sarcasm.

Loki can use Invis for like what? 20 seconds when modded right, he can permanently disarm enemies making them easy targets.

Ash can go Invis and spam his 4th for a ton of damage.... Let's be honest, I've seen more invis rushers than Iron Skin rushers in my time.

Don't bash too hard on Rhino primed or not. While its up Ironskin grants immunity to status effects, thus enabling Rhino players to quickly handle certain map and NPC conditions that could give some of the other frames in the game a significant problem.

1 is a mobility skill that when empowered allows significant forward motion directly THROUGH a crowd to the other side of a room. Great for repositioning or rushing.

2 is a utility skill that prevents all damage and status effects from effecting your frame until it gets depleted. The damage prevention loses effectiveness against higher level opponents fairly quickly... that status immunity however can be a godsend. (This includes knockdowns from scorpion/ancient cables in addition to the damage over time stuff. Or for that matter being able to hightail it through magnetic clouds in a Hive mission without getting your power bar eaten alive by the cloud.)

3 is a support skill that empowers all damage dealt by you and nearby allies. Including their ability damage.

4 is the temporary respite button, allowing for a quick teammate rez or to quickly reload and get a couple recovery pads down.

Ironskin also doesn't care about no-shields restrictions on Nightmare alerts, thus Rhino is one of a small handful of frames I tend to see running those. (Rhino, Trinity, Valkyr, Oberon, and the occasional Loki are the usual crowd for those...)

An interesting aspect of the Iron Shrapnel augment for his second power is that it will auto-trigger on opponents canceling his Ironskin. You'd be amazed what you can knock down by knowing that... (Nullifiers are among those that get absolutely knocked flat on their arse along with everyone else in the bubble when your buff goes down.)

I have Rhino Prime hovering around a ~10% usage level, not my main but he has his uses.

Normal rhino is just so slow i could not play him much.But he helped me to unlock planets when i was starting the game cause hard to find teams for some nodes.he was my second frame after excal and third was loki.

Imo Loki is basically the same very easy to play if u go invisibility route. even more selfish then rhino cause rhino atleast gets some agro of other players.

I have Rhino P with vanguard helm tho for boss killing/capture and more range duration build on him (and rush mod) , love the juggernout feel on him with charge and superfast sprint speed. Lately tho i dont play him much cause hes not wanted in teams and im afraid evrybody thinks im noob.

But when i sometimes take him out for a spin , the feel tho of speed and his huge stature roarrr :D

For me iron skin is more cc mitigation than dmg. U dont get knocked back and can go past laser doors etc. But u still need to dodge. Also hes ideal for shotguns because how fast u can close in the distance.

Hate the iron skin look tho, cant see his awesome looks when this golden mess is casted :)

Btw my most played frames are excal and booben idk how skilled are thous. excal can basically spam radial blind and be immortal most of the times.

But i guess thats useful for team also.

Booben is somewhat harder if u dont fight against infested , u just need to think more about positioning when playing him but hes very strong when u do.

EDIT: imo lately worst noobs i see are with farming frames mesa nekros etc. people come into farming parties with nekros without range mods ,  mesas withot strhgt mods etc

Edited by Mathemagics

I only just recently started using him after I sold Rhino Prime as soon as I maxed him a while back because he bored me. But now I'm enjoying him quite a bit (mostly because I'm a better player in general). I never used him when I started out. only started playing after MR10, and now just recently again (MR13). Use him mostly to revive other players on Draco haha. Went into bleedout once on Draco. Felt rather embarrassed lol.