The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Syndicate Repocalypse

Archistopheles

I bet this had something, even just a lil bit to do with PWE. those big MMOs sure do love to encourage those daily quest.

My friend, don't know if you're doing it on purpose or not but mentioning PWE is a great way to summon a thread-lock.

Year of quality they said

people don't like archwing?

then we add archwing event ( in the freaking holiday )

most people tend to ignore syndicate mission?

well we cut daily gain in half 

people complain about r5 core using for fuse primed mod ?

then we add 3x orokin cell to t4s on rotation A source

hm what next?

Because it reduces the gains from non-Syndicate missions and encourages players to actually do things the way DE intended - to do the Syndicate missions to rank up in the Syndicates.

Once a DEV goes and deliberately changes the game over and over again to make you play the one and only *true* way they want you to play.

You know its a sign of a bad things to happen in the future.

Games should be for players to play for fun, not for DEVS to tell them how they should achieve that fun.

no im not. tbh its my first time on the forums in like... months.

eh... not much back then, when there was the acquisition, fusion, whatever, with PWE, there has been a lot of threads popping up about PWE and their way of dealing with online games, specifically referred to monetization of currencies etc etc. It ended with mods locking here and there. Probably not necessary anymore, but still sometimes you may find locked threads about "it's like THIS because PWE made them do it", and so on, hence my previous post ^^

Edited by Ivelor

eh... not much back then, when there was the acquisition, fusion, whatever, with PWE, there has been a lot of threads popping up about PWE and their way of dealing with online games, specifically referred to monetization of currencies etc etc. It ended with mods locking here and there. Probably not necessary anymore, but still sometimes you may find locked threads about "it's like THIS because PWE made them do it", and so on, hence my previous post ^^

Ah, thanks for letting me know. I'm just worried about war frame is all. No mmo has ever managed to keep my attention for this long just because of how different it is, and when they start to do things like this I get... Suspicious >n>

It was an unneeded change as well as anti-player. Needs to be reverted immediately.

Seriously, syndicates and rep farming was about the only thing that kept me busy as I at least had someting to do for some kind off "end game". Halving the daily cap is just unphatomable. Being higher mastery rank is even a less rewarding now. In addition to this you should at least adjust all the syndicate offerings to match the new cap. You can basically afford nothing now with your daily cap.

Time and time again players request less grinding and this is just another punch in the face and guess what it INCREASES grinding. Wow just wow DE. They year of quality is turning into the year of excess grind and bad decisions. Congrats you are make me want to play this game less and less.....

Absolutely a good decision. You should be rewarded far more for completing Syndicate specific missions than going off and doing your own thing while wearing what amounts to a pretty sticker. I love that they're trying to keep with the theme of actually having to invest time in Syndicate specific things to get... well... Syndicate specific things. 

Once a DEV goes and deliberately changes the game over and over again to make you play the one and only *true* way they want you to play.

You know its a sign of a bad things to happen in the future.

Games should be for players to play for fun, not for DEVS to tell them how they should achieve that fun.

No one farmed rep for fun. The problem was that players couldn't have fun by playing what they wanted without feeling like they were losing time they could've spent rep farming. There's still a lot of work to do as far as reputation goes (I'm in favor of making things like stealth kills not count against the cap), but overall they're aiming in the right direction.

Absolutely a good decision. You should be rewarded far more for completing Syndicate specific missions than going off and doing your own thing while wearing what amounts to a pretty sticker. I love that they're trying to keep with the theme of actually having to invest time in Syndicate specific things to get... well... Syndicate specific things. 

So have us do Syndicate specific missions, rather than playing normal missions with useless glowy things scattered about and a couple of derpy companions running around breaking stealth.

I feel that before 15.13 the Syndicate system was in a good place, but this update is pretty much as bad as when it was first implemented.

So have us do Syndicate specific missions, rather than playing normal missions with useless glowy things scattered about and a couple of derpy companions running around breaking stealth.

I feel that before 15.13 the Syndicate system was in a good place, but this update is pretty much as bad as when it was first implemented.

So sitting in a mission pressing a 1,2,3, or 4 key while content added to the game is deliberately neglected is a good place? Huh.

after a couple of days then these missions will be abandoned just as they were before the change and with this cutting of the rep gains well goodbye syndicate until they have better stuff to offer for the time to gain the points. I for one will not play those missions for a chance to find a rare medallion.

what this has done is nullify my 15% mastery sigil and cut my rep gain down by 10k in total daily gained with all missions done. Now I will not even look at syndicates anymore because at this point the way it is set its pointless.

No one farmed rep for fun. The problem was that players couldn't have fun by playing what they wanted

Do people play daily syndicate missions for fun? I sure as heck don't find them fun and actually find rep farming with my friends a lot more fun. So please do not define what is "fun" for everybody because that is just what DE is doing with this change.

what this has done is nullify my 15% mastery sigil and cut my rep gain down by 10k in total daily gained with all missions done. Now I will not even look at syndicates anymore because at this point the way it is set its pointless.

My feelings as well. Unless they devalue the offerings to keep in tune with the new daily cap.

What do you all need that much rep for anyway? Its not like the farming hasn't been going long enough for you to buy everything several times over ...

... oh I get it now! The only people complaining are the ones who are gonna have a harder time making plat hand over first from selling on piles of Syndicate weapons!

So sitting in a mission pressing a 1,2,3, or 4 key while content added to the game is deliberately neglected is a good place? Huh.

I never mentioned rep farming. The ability to play what you want while engaging in the syndicate system was what I liked, and now that's gone with ~50% of your rep locked behind dailies.

Update 15.13.0

A lot nice changes, Spy 2.0, new weapon/cosmetic and more.

But(t) on the other hand there are Syndicate changes i strongly dislike. (Have to hold myself back to keep it clean)

1. Standing cut by 50% so per MR you can get 1'000 standing What was wrong with 2'000 per MR???

Suggestion undo the changes back to 2'000 Standing per MR or

cut the rep gain by 30% and erase the daily cap for standing.

2. Syndicate missions Standing reward is doubled

(not really good from my point of view because i don't do the missions anyway. Maybe if they would give 10x the rep)

Suggestion cut it again by half and just go on with a few changes on the medallions

3. Medallions common 500, uncommon 1'000, rare 5'000 standing thats a nice change

Suggestion make the spawnrate of the medallions scaling with the sigil you wear in the syndicate mission.

Example:

Wrong sigil - 3-8 Medallions only common

Normal sigil - 8-12 Medallions common 80% or uncommon 20%

5% /8% sigil - 8 Medallions common 50% + uncommon 50%

11%/13% sigil - 3-8 Medallions uncommon 80% or rare 20%

15% sigil - 3 Medallions uncommon + rare (one rare guaranteed, 2 RNG)

Or it could scale with the Rank of the Mission, as exapmle if you do a General Quest at Steel Meridian you have a higher chance for rare Medallions.

i'm not happy with the changes on the Syndicate Reputation changes

(exept from the Medallion change)

Sidenote: Don't do Syndicate Spy 2.0 atm because your "helper" always set the alarm off and you have no chance to win the spy missions.

syndicate-quotbuffsquot.jpg
Edited by Einde

Do people play daily syndicate missions for fun? I sure as heck don't find them fun and actually find rep farming with my friends a lot more fun. So please do not define what is "fun" for everybody because that is just what DE is doing with this change.

If you find pressing one button over and over and waiting for a number to go up so much fun, what did you do before syndicates?

Besides, there are plenty of simple Flash or mobile games designed around pressing a button over and over for rewards. If you really find that so enjoyable, that's unfortunate because the developers didn't work to create a flashier version of that.