The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Color Code The Damage

timster7

I put a lot of mods on my weapons was wondering if you guys could color code the damage to the modifier so I know which is which. Just a small cosmetic effect which can help me figure out which ability is proc'ing on which enemy I'm firing at. 

The problem with color-coding is that every single bullet can be dealing 5 unique types of damage at the same time! What point is color-coding if it's unreadable confetti?

It makes much more sense to color-code based on what kind of substance you hit. Currently shields are shown in blue, for example. Then you know that--in the future--hitting that enemy in that spot is weak to X and strong against X.

Edited by HvcTerr

The problem with color-coding is that every single bullet can be dealing 5 unique types of damage at the same time! What point is color-coding if it's unreadable confetti?

It makes much more sense to color-code based on what kind of substance you hit. Currently shields are shown in blue, for example. Then you know that--in the future--hitting that enemy in that spot is weak to X and strong against X.

So I can Say "OOOOOOO look at the pretty colors".. No seriously if every damage is grey then you couldn't tell which is which. If you want to tag 5 different mods on your gun with different damage modifier I'm sure you won't be doing that much damage. The idea like every define shooting numeric value damage base game is that the users can under stand re-modify the damage base on what suits there damage needs in the game. Pretty easy to understand. and If crit damage happens to element damage then the numeric value would be in bold instead of yellow.