Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kudos To De On Syndicate Rep Rework

Sword_Symphony

If you did more than Draco and went on Syndie missions and stuff, you'd get more Rep. Now, however, if you do the same thing, you're going to come out at a net loss, because 1/2 Rep + 2x Syndie mission Rep + 2x McGuffin Rep = 6K less total than you used to be able to make doing the same procedure.

I'm guessing DE is going to try and let it slide under the radar, because more grind is good for them.

Buy plat, Tenno :^)

Syndicate mission are awful, you're force to solo for best reward. I don't like playing solo. Coops was what make me play warframe in the first place. Solo in an online game should be a choice. Now I feel like I'd no choice but to solo.

And please count medallion out of this mess. Medallion should be treat as bonus reward to player that wanted to spend more time explore. Not everyone enjoy searching every corner of the map. They should never used Medallion to compensate the cap loss, the end mission reputation reward should be double.

Syndicate mission are awful, you're force to solo for best reward. I don't like playing solo. Coops was what make me play warframe in the first place. Solo in an online game should be a choice. Now I feel like I'd no choice but to solo.

And please count medallion out of this mess. Medallion should be treat as bonus reward to player that wanted to spend more time explore. Not everyone enjoy searching every corner of the map. They should never used Medallion to compensate the cap loss, the end mission reputation reward should be double.

If I "count medallions out of this mess" than the net loss is closer around to 20K than 6K. My point being that you HAVE to get those McGuffins or else grinding for Reputation just got that much more time consuming and intolerable. This isn't a nerf to Draco farming. Its a nerf to Rep gain in general.

It's good that they increased syndicate missions rep - for low rank players who had lower rep cap its a net gain, but for high-mastery rank players its a net loss.  

Once again DE doesn't think about veteran players who play a lot.

And then there's this. DE basically gave a huge middle finger to the high level players, the ones who have been waiting years for some form of endgame.

This is actually the huge irony of it, the higher caps were a good reason to buy affinity boosters (for many vets they have nothing affinity needs), now that you can easilly hit the cap unboosted there is simply no longer more reasons to buy affinity boosters.

Edited by Loswaith

How about player that don't enjoy hunting for medallions? Screw them right, after all they're just a bunch lowlife that wanna spam 4 to win, right?

Yeah pretty much. Because that's literally all they will do. They will sit on Draco for a half hour and spam 4 to Rep Grind rather than actual do this horrible thing called play the game. It'd be horrible if people had to run different mission types besides Draco and Void wouldn't it? 

The reality of this is simple: It gets people out of the same old boring mission types and gets them out and about in the star chart. 

Yeah pretty much. Because that's literally all they will do. They will sit on Draco for a half hour and spam 4 to Rep Grind rather than actual do this horrible thing called play the game. It'd be horrible if people had to run different mission types besides Draco and Void wouldn't it? 

The reality of this is simple: It gets people out of the same old boring mission types and gets them out and about in the star chart.

What game are you playing? It's certainly not warframe. I capped my syndicate reputation from a couple of void defense and survival mission just fine even before this nerf.

If you actually play this game like you claimed, you would have notice the queue for syndicate mission took forever because nobody play them in a group.How is forcing everyone to solo syndicate mission better than rep farm?

Excellent change all around! Good show, good show!

It had reached a point where, sure, it only took me an hour to reach my 36k cap, but that was an hour, every day, every single day.

It felt like I needed to reach the cap before I was allowed to go play warframe, you know?

This way is much better. A casual night's gaming hits the cap easy, and if I'm short on time one survival will do. Shifting the rep away from 'grinding the most efficient affinity mission' to 'actively pursuing the goals of your chosen syndicate' is a fantastic move.

Especially now that we have syndicate mission friends!

Although they tend to die horribly.

How about player that don't enjoy hunting for medallions? Screw them right, after all they're just a bunch lowlife that wanna spam 4 to win, right?

Well, the 4 spamming lowlife can still 4 spam and hit the rep limit of 19k or whatever it is while the medallion hunting enthusiasts also get decently rewarded for their time spent. 

Seems like a fair compromise to me.

Well, the 4 spamming lowlife can still 4 spam and hit the rep limit of 19k or whatever it is while the medallion hunting enthusiasts also get decently rewarded for their time spent. 

Seems like a fair compromise to me.

Actually, the 4 spamming crowd are getting less rep, while the oh-I-wanna-adventure crowd are getting more rep. It will be a win-win if they buff the end mission reward more instead of buffing that stupid medallion which in the end just promote solo playstyle. 

Actually, the 4 spamming crowd are getting less rep, while the oh-I-wanna-adventure crowd are getting more rep. It will be a win-win if they buff the end mission reward more instead of buffing that stupid medallion which in the end just promote solo playstyle. 

For the time being I guess, once higher Mastery ranks are available the 4 spammers will earn more again. 

For the time being I guess, once higher Mastery ranks are available the 4 spammers will earn more again. 

At MR 17, my rep capped at 18k. That's like two 40 minutes T4S at most. You don't have to farm rep to hit the cap. And no, higher MR doesn't solve the issue

Am I missing something? I don't see how halving the rep cap will push people on maps like Draco. Won't they still just go to Draco and other favored spots to do their thing to get the rep cap, and then move on to medallion hunting? At best it just reduced the amount of time they can effectively farm on those maps.

I feel like everyone's crazy if think this change was good when they don't realize Draco FARM STILL EXISTS. It was hilarious nerf to syndicates not a good change what so ever.

As many have stated its a net loss on higher mastery players. While making about 30k rep with missions is ok the rng of the medallions is not some missions simply do not have them. What needs to be done is another syndicate mission needs to be added or medallions need to be dropped in all mission types along with them being between 5-8 per mission. This gives those who like to hunt more reason to hunt and those who dont want to can opt out with out being hurt by this too much.

Yea for less freedom of choice! That's always a good thing right?

This was nothing more than a kick in the face to players forcing them to play the game a certain way instead of how they want to.

Syndicate missions are no different from regular missions (mechanically) so why exactly do we have to run them to grab the massive amount of rep we would lose otherwise?

Seriously, good job. You found a way to both mitigate the boring Draco Rep Farming, and reward players who actually will play the different mission types and hunt for the seeds in Syndicate missions. I know there's gonna be a lot of people who will be &!$$ed that they can't just go to Draco now and Press 4 to max Syndicate Rep, but oh well. You did the right thing. 

I'm pi$$ed because I never. Find. Goddamn. Medallions.

Oh and after the first two ranks there are no pubs for any syndicate mission.

If you did more than Draco and went on Syndie missions and stuff, you'd get more Rep. Now, however, if you do the same thing, you're going to come out at a net loss, because 1/2 Rep + 2x Syndie mission Rep + 2x McGuffin Rep = 6K less total than you used to be able to make doing the same procedure.

I'm guessing DE is going to try and let it slide under the radar, because more grind is good for them.

These numbers are completely wrong.  There is a net INCREASE in rep gain per day if you do syndicate missions.

The issue is more before you could happily play missions or do some rep farming (if you are inclined) without feeling the need to do either.

Some days you just play a few hours worth and maybe hit your cap, but didnt feel you had to do so becuse your cap was well above what you needed to do to be able to buy something from the syndicates every 1-2 days.  To get enough rep to buy something every 1-2 days you have to cap your rep and do all the missions.

These numbers are completely wrong.  There is a net INCREASE in rep gain per day if you do syndicate missions.

Actually at higher mastery ranks (and presuming you are rank 5 in your chosen syndicate), you will only get about 80% of what you could of gotten just on your dailly cap.  At best the syndicate missions will give you a total of about 15k rep (a gain of about 7.5k if you did them).  Now given you can get 0-8 medalions per mission, you will basically only get about 8 medalions on average (grineer rarely have more than 3 in a mission, corpus have 8 and endless missions dont have many if any at all).  Two of those medalions will likely be the second rank the other 6 the first rank neting you another 5k (6 * 500 + 2 * 1000), however if you previously did those missions the medalions give you only an increase 2.8k rep (6 * 300 + 2 * 500).

Thusly a player is only gaining about 10k rep from syndicate missions now from what they got previously so anyone over mastery rank 10 could be losing out on rep.  If we say mastery rank 12 is the break even point (to give some space for higher gains or a bit of luck for the t3 medalions), then anyone over that rank (mastery rank 12) is indeed losing out on dailly rep gains.

Edited by Loswaith

Well, the method is still going to be used as the exp gained is far more useful than any other method. Behold more exp farms.

Not sure. I went check how spy and stealth multipliers work now. I equipped Loki with dread and went do new quest. Simple 3 missions, not longer than 10 min each, gave me over half of new rep cap together. I got like 1,8-3k affinity per mob, just needed to think wich enemy should I oneshot for multiplier not reset. Just dont shoot at mob that other mob looking at.

Not sure. I went check how spy and stealth multipliers work now. I equipped Loki with dread and went do new quest. Simple 3 missions, not longer than 10 min each, gave me over half of new rep cap together. I got like 1,8-3k affinity per mob, just needed to think wich enemy should I oneshot for multiplier not reset. Just dont shoot at mob that other mob looking at.

Yeah, you also get affinity for the weapon you didn't use. Guess how to get all those stealth kill, yea you gotta play solo. This game is turning into solo grind fest, it's not even funny.

Yeah, you also get affinity for the weapon you didn't use. Guess how to get all those stealth kill, yea you gotta play solo. This game is turning into solo grind fest, it's not even funny.

Of course, as you can't control other people's behaviour.. specifically not going all Rambo in a mission.. which is not DE's fault.. it's just that other people tend to purposefully do their own thing no matter what, so you more often than not end up in a 4 man mission with 4 solo players in the same instance. It changes jack all.

While I don't exactly get why the cap was reduced, I also don't see how people can, for a lack of better phrasing on my part, bash their heads against the Draco-take-your-pick mission endlessly, with the same minimalist approach and NOT end up bored.. but hey, its always the developer's fault that said players are nowadays tuned to NAONAONAO so they will burn themselves out on a super limited amount of content, and then when the devs change things to try to coax players to you know, play other things (crappy thing, I know! How dare they want their game played fully, and can be ham-handed in their approach?) than the same damn thing over. And over. AND OVER. All because it's the "best x per y" over fun.

You wanna know why I think gaming as a whole is taking a dive? People more or less doing the very thing that causes burnout in *any* form of entertainment.. more power to those who somehow love to limit themselves as they think the rest of the game is not worthy of their time or whatever the case may be, however, more often than not these very same players will be vastly outnumbered by those who want to play things completely.

Anyhoo, I am off on a heavy tangent, but I am interested in seeing how this change will impact things in the long haul.. not in the super immediate moment. Opening up more Syndicate missions might help the idea of discouraging this mindless farm which seems to be enough of an issue that DE felt the need to address it.. but without the extra quests at the lower tiers (as the requirements rise QUICK in totals), I am not sure how it will impact the overall.

/offsoapboxIgo