Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kudos To De On Syndicate Rep Rework

Sword_Symphony

Stephano will still be in demand being the only few missions to regularly give ze T4 sabotage.

But personally I wish they GREATLY increase syndicate mission rep and keep medallions as current.

Like it or not, not everyone wishes to find medallions. 

That's the thing, as long as it isn't troublesome to spend more time to get the same rewards then people will still run Draco... But since people hate troublesome things, like exploring the missions properly to get as much as the mission can give, they won't run Draco anymore...

... Nor will they run normal Syndicate Missions and search for the Syndicate Medallions. DE, you're so stupidly naïve (Pardon the bluntness) if you're thinking they are going to even be bothered to search for those...

Bah, humbug. I frequently rush missions, but I generally hunt for medallions on the syndicate(s) I'm actively progressing with. Granted, I generally don't bother on Mobile Defense and similar since dealing with hordes of enemies and derping around looking for medallions are fairly mutually exclusive. Since, y'know, I have to solo 90%-75% of syndicate missions anyways; I use stealth Loki for searching, and Rhino for when I'm sick of dealing with the retardation they've been adding to the game recently... Which happens pretty much any time I have to solo a defense-type mission. (I'm looking at you, Nullifiers, Infested MOAs, bleed procs, etc...)

ON TOPIC: I'm definitely not in favor of this change, overall. I do like the increased relevance of syndicate missions, but the rep cap is just too low now. I can't do a half-decent survival without maxing it, and I'm MR18. Seriously.

The absurdity of this change is further revealed when you think about the fact that you have to get a rather significant chunk of rep just to earn the right to do syndicate missions in the first place. Which makes the system very noob-unfriendly since they'll probably have to farm for multiple days to get to first rank.

Edited by ChronoEclipse

I did draco maybe a handful of times, but really enjoyed my ability to make decent rep passively just by playing the game as I normally would. Now I can't even make enough rep in a day to buy one pack of random keys, unless I make a point to go do Syndicate missions. Doing the missions isn't the worst thing ever, but they've never been high on my list of priorities or something I felt was super duper fun. In the long run, this isn't going to encourage me or my friends to get more into doing syndicate missions.

This isn't a simple issue, and I recognize that:

I'm not a huge fan of the changes. Sure, players participated in rep farms, but that was their choice, and for every player that ground out rep, there were probably several more that just played the game and enjoyed the missions while gaining rep. What's more, because the max cap hasn't actually gone down, once you gain the syndicate mission rep, you're back to grinding if that's your bag. Then again, the players who only have time to run a few missions probably benefit from the increased rep rewards from syndicate missions.

My big beef is that syndicate missions aren't actually all that different from regular missions, so the change feels arbitrary and reduces my freedom to gain rep the way that I want. The net result is more shoehorning and less choice when I feel like grinding it out or just playing the game at my own pace, and I'm not convinced that's a good thing.

Sure, they can diversify the missions later, but all I have to judge right now is what's in game.

Thoughts?

Edited by Seox

the max cap hasn't actually gone down

The net result is more shoehorning and less choice 

I'm not sure how you figure that the max cap hasn't gone down; as detailed in previous posts here, the rep you could gain before at a decent Mastery was much higher than it is now.

And yeah, this game is SUPPOSED to be about allowing flexibility! You can stealth with invisibility, blinding, or noise damping; there's more weapons than are readily countable; we get three weapons per loadout, which potentially means we have 3 completely unique mechanics to kill our enemies with, without including powers.... Everything DE has done up to this point, that I can remember, had at least the stated intention of increasing the diversity of play... I mean, just look at Archwing! This? This decision goes against one of the game's core concepts.

Heaven forbid you and your friends are different syndicates, too. Syndicate missions actively separate the community into 6 smaller groups and isolates them from each other.

Not only that, but the optimal strategy is to have a friend in each syndicate, so that you can trade each other the rewards and everybody wins.

Also, note that each level of each syndicate has its own separate missions! If I rank up higher than my buddy, we no longer profit from doing syndicate missions with each other!

I do like the encouragement to do the syndicate missions and I personally don't find the soloing to be at all difficult. In terms of time taken to farm the rep, I didn't notice much decrease in the speed. I also enjoyed the extra bit of variation that came with the different syndicate missions. 

That being said, My main problem with this new systems is the net decrease in rep gained.

This issue however, can be solved by adding more syndicate missions that you can play. An increase in just 2-4 more missions for every faction covers the 6k - 20k net loss for veteran players. To make the scaling more equalized you could introduce more missions for people of higher mastery. Furthermore, in terms of difficulty to program and add to the game, this is a very easy addition for DE to make.

This is a very simple solution that I hope will be implemented.

This issue however, can be solved by adding more syndicate missions that you can play. An increase in just 2-4 more missions for every faction covers the 6k - 20k net loss for veteran players. To make the scaling more equalized you could introduce more missions for people of higher mastery. Furthermore, in terms of difficulty to program and add to the game, this is a very easy addition for DE to make.

Frankly, I think the best system would be to just give each syndicate a node or few that you can just run for bonus rep. They should probably be really high level, though.

This isn't a simple issue, and I recognize that:

I'm not a huge fan of the changes. Sure, players participated in rep farms, but that was their choice, and for every player that ground out rep, there were probably several more that just played the game and enjoyed the missions while gaining rep. What's more, because the max cap hasn't actually gone down, once you gain the syndicate mission rep, you're back to grinding if that's your bag. Then again, the players who only have time to run a few missions probably benefit from the increased rep rewards from syndicate missions.

My big beef is that syndicate missions aren't actually all that different from regular missions, so the change feels arbitrary and reduces my freedom to gain rep the way that I want. The net result is more shoehorning and less choice when I feel like grinding it out or just playing the game at my own pace, and I'm not convinced that's a good thing.

Sure, they can diversify the missions later, but all I have to judge right now is what's in game.

Thoughts?

The amount of rep you can gain daily is only equal to what it was before if RNG is kind to you.

First you have to get missions capable of spawning marks/seeds/whatever. Then those missions have to be on one of the 8 and not 3 spawn tile sets.

Finally what spawns needs to be better than base level. In the four missions I've completed today I found all 19 quidences/medallions available to me and they were all the common level. Two of the five missions I have left won't spawn these tokens either.

That and while the buddies are amusing in team play they are utterly useless and actually a hindrance to me when I solo.

Takes more options away to have fun in game.  Obviously this is good for the game and for the OP.  I never went to draco and do not even know which planet it is on.

I like farming my rep normally over 2 hours in the Void and now with syndicate and T4S nerf it is halfed and no rank 5 cores.

Kudos to DE for the middle finger!

Totally agree. My friends are always on their high horses saying, "What? You only have one maxed syndicate? LOL just come farm on Draco with us!" and it makes me cringe. I've been doing those syndicate rep missions since they first debuted and honestly been having a ball. Soloing them provides me with a challenge and gives me incentive to actually play the different mission types. And with the addition of your syndicate's agents helping you out, there's all the more reason to solo them.

I'm starting to imagine the forums being the Tenno Council rather than the founders, as I'm also starting to imagine those who continuously farm on Draco to be zombies. And like it or not, those zombies are going to keep eating the brains that is "loot caves" until DE nerfs it so much that they finally leave. People need to stop complaining about the grindwall that DE has given us in retaliation of the loot cave farmers and start realizing that they've essentially doubled the amount of rep gained from these mission nodes, which is what you and others in this thread see as well.

I sincerely hope that DE sees this thread otherwise I don't know what will happen.

I think on the whole the changes were good but I still don't like having a hard cap on syndicate rep. Yeah it shuts down farming which is good but I hit my cap as a mastery 14 player really easily and then end up discouraged from playing more because I know I'm not getting as much reward for my effort. I would much prefer a system where you got diminishing returns as you continued to exceed your cap for the day. Like a series of soft caps that formed an experience asymptote. Then I could play as much or as little of whatever missions I wanted and know that I would at least be getting something in terms of rep even if I could potentially be getting a lot more by doing dailies and medallion hunting. Plus with the soft caps anyone looking to farm rep would find it hilariously inefficient and that should be enough to shut down farming as it exists right now, or I guess did exist.

Edited by TheGrimGamer

Seriously, good job. You found a way to both mitigate the boring Draco Rep Farming, and reward players who actually will play the different mission types and hunt for the seeds in Syndicate missions. I know there's gonna be a lot of people who will be &!$$ed that they can't just go to Draco now and Press 4 to max Syndicate Rep, but oh well. You did the right thing. 

wow you sound so upset over how people want to earn rep. Who are you to dictate how people should play the game or earn rep? and how does it affect you? You being happy over this shows that you want people to work harder for less.

Of course, as you can't control other people's behaviour.. specifically not going all Rambo in a mission.. which is not DE's fault.. it's just that other people tend to purposefully do their own thing no matter what, so you more often than not end up in a 4 man mission with 4 solo players in the same instance. It changes jack all.

Actually, it's their fault. The spy 2.0 mechanism unlike other mission is more complicated and with much lower fault tolerance. I doubt DE design this mission with co-ops in mind.

How is forcing players to play syndicate missions which are mechanically no different from standard missions an improvement? This is a nerf plain and simple.

Don't forget the added bonus of RNG! Any one of those missions could have from zero to forty thousand free points in it! Play the lott- uh I mean play a syndicate mission today!

Actually, it's their fault. The spy 2.0 mechanism unlike other mission is more complicated and with much lower fault tolerance. I doubt DE design this mission with co-ops in mind.

Spy 2.0 is the most co-op mode there is in game, it take co-ordination to pull off right, which is something that lacks in simle PUGs, as someone si going to rush through and trigger alarms.

Very much agreed. Well done, DE staff.

Not sure if sarcastic or not...

(and i think removing them from RadJav was a terrible idea)

I could agree with returning Javelin to its previous state, which I much preferred.

Leaving its mechanics as they stand and adding LoS restrictions would be practically a crime, though.

Spy 2.0 is the most co-op mode there is in game, it take co-ordination to pull off right, which is something that lacks in simle PUGs, as someone si going to rush through and trigger alarms.

If the mechanism can not sustain for average pug run, it's bad for warframe. This isn't a single player game with co-ops where you just play with your friends. If warframe was all about coordinate co-ops in the first place, it will not attain such popularity.

Edited by Neogeo