Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kudos To De On Syndicate Rep Rework

Sword_Symphony

+1 OP

personally i think more frame abilities need to have LoS restrictions (and i think removing them from RadJav was a terrible idea)

but otherwise, yep

I'll give up my stuff that ignores LOS when the enemy mobs do.

Spy 2.0 is the most co-op mode there is in game, it take co-ordination to pull off right, which is something that lacks in simle PUGs, as someone si going to rush through and trigger alarms.

Except nothing in it really takes coordination

There is a difference between working together to achieve a task, and having 1 person do the task while the other person follows behind them.

Nothing requires you to actually do anything with your teammates, there is 1 objective in each vault, 1 obstacle at a time in a route, only 1 person can take care of each obstacle.

So having more people does nothing but make it more likely someone will slip up and set off the alarm.

Even if you play with someone who is great, they won't make it any easier/let you do anything you couldn't do on your own, and if they make a mistake, you are punished for it.

I feel like Spy missions could have used some more co-op mechanics. Say (in coop missions only) there was a terminal (or chain of terminals) that needed to be hacked, and it only stopped laser walls for a few seconds on the other side of the tile. Things that would have encouraged/prompted teamwork in order to progress stealthily.

I feel like Spy missions could have used some more co-op mechanics. Say (in coop missions only) there was a terminal (or chain of terminals) that needed to be hacked, and it only stopped laser walls for a few seconds on the other side of the tile. Things that would have encouraged/prompted teamwork in order to progress stealthily.

Instead of this, they just put a common dual panel to open a door. We have player following one another while trying to avoid the rolling Stone and parkour through a laser wall.

I could agree with returning Javelin to its previous state, which I much preferred.

Leaving its mechanics as they stand and adding LoS restrictions would be practically a crime, though.

i just think RadJav at least performed similar to its namesake previously at least, DE could have just given the 'javelins' some decent innate punchthrough and be done with it, but instead they made it basically just like stomp/crush/miasma/etc/snore

personally i would much rather that RadJav gets a radical overhaul and turns into something much more like Vergil's summoned swords from DMC3/UMVC3 then Excal could have a persistent dmging 'sword shield' ring around him and/or launch them at tgts (i also think this would be a great way for it to be different, IMHO more frame powers need to be unique, and less generic)

I'll give up my stuff that ignores LOS when the enemy mobs do.

completely fair and reasonable, and i would not suggest a biased approach, logic and continuity go a long way in making a game world more immersive as well as attractive, especially in sci-fi (hence the science part)

certainly some things make more sense to not strictly obey LoS, like say Rhino's stomp (but it should have progressively weaker radii outwards, like it does, but maybe moreso) 

certainly the enemies should have to play by mostly the same rules the players do, however, the enemy are just dumb AI (even if/when DE improves them) so in 'some' ways the AI need to 'cheat' to be able to present a challenge to the player, the trick is finding the proper 'balance' when it comes to this, IMHO corpus nullifiers are a great example of how NOT to do this, they are incredibly poorly designed/implemented with the intent to challenge the player and make them use different tactics, but that could have been achieved in a hundred other, better ways