The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Lightning Effects Are Way Too Bright

NoeleVeerod

I really appreciate the effort, but playing Warframe with all the settings activated (including the new lightning effects) is a pain to my eyes. I had to turn Adaptive Lightning and Ambient Occlusion off to avoid turning blind every time.

I honestly can't remember if these two options were present in the menu before U15.13, so I don't know if I'm toggling off something that was previously activated. But I'd rather lose some eye candy than losing my sight.

Share your opinions. Maybe I'm just being overly dramatic. :P

Went to the Derelict to farm a few neurodes to find that it was nearly as bright as the Void. I like the new effects with lighting, but some areas should still be dark. (I do have all settings at minimum, not sure how much of a difference that makes).

I also like the new lightings.

And yes they are sometimes too bright, especially if you compare that to the lighting on Planet Tilesets (Venus, Jupiter, Europa Phobos etc.)

Some light sources need to change: Less sources or less lighting in Ship Tilesets (inside) and more light sources on Planet Tilesets (outside).

Sometimes its too bright, sometimes too dark.

At the moment if you are inside a ship its brighter than on a planet (except Void, thats also sometimes to dark)

I also like the new lightings.

And yes they are sometimes too bright, especially if you compare that to the lighting on Planet Tilesets (Venus, Jupiter, Europa Phobos etc.)

Some light sources need to change: Less sources or less lighting in Ship Tilesets (inside) and more light sources on Planet Tilesets (outside).

Sometimes its too bright, sometimes too dark.

At the moment if you are inside a ship its brighter than on a planet (except Void, thats also sometimes to dark)

Yeah, I agree. I can see what DE wanted to do, and I believe they would have nailed it - but it seems it's been done wrong. It needs to be looked at.

I can't see anything while in the Rift... This last patch effectively broke my Limbo, I sent one of my friends into the rfit in one of the snow levels and he literaly insulted me until he managed to roll out of it, eyes closed. 

The new lighting system need some work to be usable. I'll turn it off for now.

Edited by lukaself