The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fireblast Is Still Broken In A Bad Way.

Racercowboy

Well, what have we here, a change to Fireblast to make it more consistent. While this is not a bad thing at all, There is still the glaring issue of the DoT ring. I've mentioned this before on multiple occasions, but the DoT needs to hit in the whole area, there's no reason why it shouldn't. I don't know why this issue is seemingly ignored by everyone. For those who do not think this is a problem, I must ask you: Do you really think it's ok to spend 75 energy to knock things down in a medium range aoe, when you can stun everything in range AND make them more vulnerable to fire damage for 50 energy?

Also, other 75 energy (and some 50 energy) abilities put fire blast to shame. Chaos makes enemies kill each other. Roar boosts all damage by 50% for everyone. Snowglobe massively slows everyone inside and prevents bullets from getting in. Eclipse is either massive damage or massive damage mitigation. Turbulence, Shatter shield, and Link are near godmode. Electric shield blocks everything from one direction and boosts damage when you shoot through it. Bastille is super wide range fire-and-forget CC that holds mobs still for easy head shots. Bullet Attractor is a death sentence. Even Contagion is more useful, being a free poison damage mod. Silence not only deafens enemies, it's also a mobile stun ring around banshee that persists. Desecrate generates more loot. Renewal heals for days and slows bleedout times and full heals removes statuses. The worst case, however, is just a straight up better version of fire blast: Hallowed Ground. For comparison:

Fireblast (skill on a PURE DAMAGE frame):
- 3000 fire damage over 20 seconds
- knocks enemies over
- Sets people on fire
- DoT does not hit in the entire range
- Is not affected by range mods
- 75 energy cost

Hallowed Ground (skill on a HYBRID DAMAGE/SUPPORT frame)
- 4000 radiation damage over 20 seconds
- +20% armor to anyone standing in it. Is affected by power strength
- Removes status effects
- Grants status immunity
- Everything hits in the entire area
- Is affected by range mods
- 50 energy cost

Yes, that's horrible. Also, before you say "but Fireblast knocks them over!" Do remember that a dead enemy cannot hurt you, and radiation procs are silly. Also, Hallowed Ground's Augment mod is leagues ahead of Fireblast's augment mod.

Do we really want it to stay this way?

Something I think could work is to have the explosion knock enemies down and set everyone on fire, anyone still in the ring takes ticks of damage much like a fire tick (So two ticks going at this point) With a chance of every tick knocking them down/relighting the fire proc. Retains damage, adds CC

try using chaos in t4d

I do, it works wonders when used right. If you're talking about nullifiers, they nullify everything, not just chaos, so that's not even a valid argument.

Something like theammostore's idea would be accomplished simply by letting the DoT hit inside the ring, minus the extra knockdowns of course (which would be nice IMO).

Is it really too much to ask to let Fireblast's DoT hit inside the ring and have the ring be affected by range?

Edited by Racercowboy