Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Rant On Spy 2.0 And The Stolen Dreams Quest

Stolen dreams quest in a nutshell

Play a capture mission-O hey the target is a girl. Ok.

Play a corpus spy mission- My team sucks, they triggered all of the alarms. Ok whats a codex

Set matchmaking to solo

Play a grineer spy mission-Good lord, as if security cameras weren't bad enough, we now have flying cameras. Hmm what are these codices?

Play a corpus spy mission- We can't mess up once? Really? Also those detron crewmen and nullifiers are packing heat. How many more spy missions am i gonna have to do?

Go to some derelict place, put these "codices" into this thingy. Oh hey, it's a stalker autobiography. (kill a blue boiler)

Boom, quest is over, and boy am i glad it's over. 

-Repetition

-Frustration

-Solo

-No co-op, even if you wanted because there is terrible matchmaking for quests

-Was that "arcane boiler" supposed to be a boss? Lol one hit.

-Lack of lore

But hey, i got me catalyst. Ok. First and last time trying spy missions.

Spy 2.0 has its flaws. The mission is very hard in a group, and solo is mandatory. With solo, you now have to take on hordes of enemies by yourself as the mission is mostly "guns blazing" until you reach a data vault.

Speaking of data vaults, the game turns into some sort of platformer. This feels wayyyyyyy off from a stealth game like batman arkham asylum/city due to the fact that the vaults are very cramped themselves, we have very strong silent weapons so stealth assassinations are unnecessary, and there are cameras. 

Stealth assassinations rant:

Stealth kills need some SERIOUS TWEAKING. 

1. MOAS cannot be assassinated

2. Enemies are alerted if you bump into them, forcing you to melee from a safe distance.

3. Said distance sometimes fails to take assassination prompt, not killing the target and activating the alarm.

4. Though it never happened to me, i suspect some stealth kills do not kill the target outright. Why. Just make stealth kills instant kills regardless of health/level. Its not like were fighting bosses.

Good lord, the cameras. If you do not kill it in one hit, the alarm goes off.

As if that wasn't bad enough, the grineer have FLYING CAMERAS. Your only solution is to

1. Evade the cameras(d@mn near impossible)

2. Shoot the camera(If you do not kill it in one hit, the alarms will go off.)

Lets not forget the grineer arc traps. These buggers are not only terribly annoying, but once shooting an arc trap wit h a flying camera around damages the camera, TRIGGERING THE ALARM. 

Very, very frustrating.

The quest itself was extremely lackluster. 

It was either insanely easy or extremely hard, felt poorly thought out, and the "lore" was very subpar.

It was nothing but a string of missions with a bit of voice acting. 

Plz fix

I disagree with all points.

Lore was aplenty in the quest, though not spoonfed and explained.

Repetition in the quest was... Not there. Ever mission was different.

Every mission is frustrating when playing with Leeroy Jenkins pubs. Play it with friends or clanmates and it's a hoot.

Spy 2.0 is not like regular missions. Slap a suppressor on your gun and you're good, honestly. A Nova could do it.

Bear in mind, also, that stealth "Finishers" are not synonimous with stealth "Kills." Killing an unaware enemy at a distance is still a stealth kill and still applies to the multiplier.

Edited by Sitchrea

Only thing i have to agree with is that you can't rely on the matchmaking here and have to play solo or with a team of regulars. Tried it 4 times with random guys, 4 times they ran into the vaults and triggered the alarm within 4 secs top.

I actually ran in public the entire time, and while I had one or two bad teams, I came to find that you can just blitz the spy objectives if you are fast enough (my team seemed to trigger the alarm every time, despite how adamant they were that they knew what they were doing). I didn't even use ciphers and still managed to hack my way into the computer room to grab all codices.

Well i always said im gonan do one objectiv you guys take the other two. I was able to complete mine in Stealth but well the rest failed over and over again. After 5 tries with 5 different squads i was done with the quest for the day (only good squad i had was in the firs corpus spy mission).

I disagree with all points.

Lore was aplenty in the quest, though not spoonfed and explained.

Repetition in the quest was... Not there. Ever mission was different.

Every mission is frustrating when playing with Leeroy Jenkins pubs. Play it with friends or clanmates and it's a hoot.

Spy 2.0 is not like regular missions. Slap a suppressor on your gun and you're good, honestly. A Nova could do it.

Bear in mind, also, that stealth "Finishers" are not synonimous with stealth "Kills." Killing an unaware enemy at a distance is still a stealth kill and still applies to the multiplier.

1. I forgot what the quest was about.

2. Capture mission->Corpus spy mission->Grineer spy mission->Corpus spy mission->arcane boiler assassination?

The whole quest was very time consuming.

3. Aint got none

4. Corpus cameras and grineer drones should have ONE HEALTH. Nothing more. Otherwise, not any silenced gun can pull it off as the camera/drone may not die in one shot.

5. I was referring to stealth finishers, where you stab some guy in the back or slit his throat.

Another thing i forgot to mention: After a bit, we will have memorized the data vaults and the missions will become a breeze, losing all of its former glory.

1 - Moas can be assesinated, if they don't detect you and you hit em with your melee, the stealth multiplier will still trigger.

2 - Well what the hell you expected? it's stealth dammit.

3 - I had this problem before, fixed that with practice, rolling to an enemy helps.

4 - Never had this problem personally.

-Repetition

New spy missions, it looks like you are just too used to doing boring void farms, ain't you?

-Solo / No co-op, even if you wanted because there is terrible matchmaking for quests

I don't understand this very well. You mean your team sucks or you can't make matchs?

If your team sucks is because your team sucks, is not a problem with the game. If you suck at maths, it's your problem, not math's.

And i never had problems making a match for this.

-Was that "arcane boiler" supposed to be a boss? Lol one hit.

This is a quest unlocked at rank 3, common dude, this is not gonna be top-tier quest. this is for make quests consistent for the newbies.

-Lack of lore

Kinda true.

• 1 month later...

A new Quest I just could not do it fast enough and yes the concept was good the story line ok cant help thing that its not finished yet and maybe we will get a second part but was frustrating at times I can handle that but the ending was such a disappointment.

Ok I can handle it to a certain point but the rewards???? well if I had known what they were before hand I would not have bothered such a shame for some thing that had so much promise.

get good. i complete spy 2.0 full unranked on Pluto without any problems as my lv up unranked gear routine.

the only thing you need is a silenced ranged weapon to shoot down cameras.

it can be mk-1 kunai or mk-1 paris.

and preferably one moderately modded melee weapon to stealth kill anything you desire.

just use your god damn brain or whatever is in your head and don't rush like headless chicken.

you don't need to kill all the enemies

you don't need to shoot all the cameras

you don't need loki/ash

you don't need shade sentinel

all you need is a tiny bit of patience and brain. 

stealth system is pretty good compared to what it used to be 2 years ago, and it's almost complete.

it's just you are being absolutely bloody incompitent

Edited by -Solid_Snake