The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons I would look forward to seeing.

LemonYourAid

As a scifi fan, there are actually a few weapons I would like to see implimented.

1. Plasma Cannon (Main Weapon)

This weapon would be slow, but fire powerful plasma balls which would explode and could potentionally hit multiple targets. The explosive range could be an upgrade. Mods such as electric and freeze would still be available, though for this weapon you may only want to allow for one mod to be added.

This weapon would also be energy based, meaning the more energy you put in to the pre-fire (by holding your mouse button down longer) the more charge you put into the blast thus making the plasma projectile slightly larger and giving it more explosive range, though also running down your ammo a bit.

2. Zatnikatel (Secondary Weapon)

Inspired by Stargate, this weapon would stun the enemy for a certain amount of time, while doing very little damage. (Though in stargate 2 shots is a instakill, we really don't want to OP this weapon). After the stun, you'd have enough time to either melee them, or switch to your main weapon and get a few critical hits on them while they are stunned. Some upgrades for this weapon could increase stun time, and rate of fire allowing to you stun multiple enemy units at once.

(If used, would really but up to the developers as to whether shields have an impact, or if it can even be used on bosses)

3. Laser Beam (Main Weapon)

This weapon would fire "bolt" like laser beams which could hit multiple enemy units in a row. A red beam (surrounded by electricity if you were to have a mod installed into it) would be displayed giving that appealing sense of scifi graphics that I'd enjoy seeing.

4. Red Queen (Sword Weapon)

This weapon, inspired by Nero's sword DMC4 would replace the basic charge attack with more of a kill-to-charge attack. Holding Left-Mouse Button down to use a charge attack wouldn't work unless you've killed maybe 3 or 4 people with the sword already. (You really wouldn't have to charge it either) It'd be an instant attack with-out the charge however you'd be required to kill a certain amount of enemy units in order to use this attack. (You could have an upgrade that reduces the amount of kill required for the sword to reach it's charged attack).

These are just some of the weapons that I would be interested. I'm more interested in seeing unique effects as well with more newer and intuitive weapons. I'd also be interested in weapons that have different mechanics, and some even with special abilities. For instance the basic weapon uses right-click to zoom in, however some weapons could use right-click to have an alternative fire, or even unique ability for that specific weapon.

I really like the direction the game is going. I'm looking forward to future content :)

Edited by LemonYourAid

I would like an energy based weapon that is unlimited ammo. The draw back would be large reload times or with that being possible to huge a draw back. Uses your shield energy as its power source. So sustaining fire would drain you completely. This would give players a more interesting choice in how to play including higher benefit to some of the lesser (i'm uessing here) used mods like shield regen armor and health.

I would like an energy based weapon that is unlimited ammo. The draw back would be large reload times or with that being possible to huge a draw back. Uses your shield energy as its power source. So sustaining fire would drain you completely. This would give players a more interesting choice in how to play including higher benefit to some of the lesser (i'm uessing here) used mods like shield regen armor and health.

i had the same idea, but for a prestige weapon (an energy bow) that uses your energy as ammo and has a charged attack.

Edited by Malkav

i had the same idea, but for a prestige weapon (an energy bow) that uses your energy as ammo and has a charged attack.

I agree with needing a weapon that can be "Charged" instead of having a ammo set for it maybe it could use our "Energy" instead. It's just jealousy that the Corpus are shooting lasers at us, I guess the Tenno has slept too long to update their weapons.

Guest DarkAuthority

3. Laser Beam (Main Weapon)

This weapon would fire "bolt" like laser beams which could hit multiple enemy units in a row. A red beam (surrounded by electricity if you were to have a mod installed into it) would be displayed giving that appealing sense of scifi graphics that I'd enjoy seeing.

Or better, make the beam 'beam-like continous' lasting some 3-5 sec (or e.g. 2 sec default, up to 5-6 sec through upgrades) and cutting everything in half (plus rendering burnt 'ziggzaggs' on the walls). Beam color could be user selectable (or use the 'energy' color from the frame). The beam could also set enemies on fire if they were too strong to be cut in half.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing, corridor cleared.

Edited by DarkAuthority

I would LOVE some energy weapons. Fully agree with OP. I think a rail gun would also be crazy fun for a late game strong(read OP but its cool homie just listen) weapon that would be hard/long to farm for but could essentially 1 shot all but heavies/bosses(still do a lot of damage) without the need of headshots and have insanely high puncture. 8 infested running at you? Charge the rail gun while backing up, then *insert relevant lazer sound*, 8 dead infested and a whole lot of smoking corpses. Hell, I would instant buy a plasma cannon that did AOE damage like the grenades those corpus birds drop but bigger and stronger of course. HA! How awesome would it be too if it was insanely strong but could not only gib enemies at range but as a draw back, in point blank range it would damage your sheilds completely and send you flying backwards even further than the MOAs do. Personally I would crack up rag dolling my self and killing infested. Might even do it vs the Grineer for the lulz. Run up while charging, BOOM! mini thermo-nuclear eplosion that sends me flying off in some random &#! direction. 10/10 would buy.

A laserbeam does not cut through everything at once, it gradually atomizes matter. So unless this laser stops at one target until it's dead before it hits the next, it is neither sensical, nor does it fit the existing universe. Also, we really have enough swords. As for the plasma cannon: We are shooting bolts. Like, that is a feasible weapon. If we had plasma weaponry, why would we bother with this? And the Zat gun, nah. First of all, it wouldn*t rank up with the current affinity system (affinity through kills) and if it cannot interact with bosses and/or shielded enemies, it is essentially a useless weapon for a major part of the game. Why stun if I can kill?

You are way too hightech for the Warframe universe, good sir. Maybe turn it down a notch or five. :)

How would the plasma cannon and laser interact with puncture mods?

This to be honest, is quite difficult to speculate on. One solution I have is that puncture mods, for say the laser weapon, could create a thicker laser beam allowing it to hit more spots on a target, and for the plasma cannon, it could add a slight push to the target when it hits, pushing them back slightly. It's also possible for them to add more "classed" weapons. (ie: energy, physical, and explosive) and make certain mods that work only on classed based weapons.

A laserbeam does not cut through everything at once, it gradually atomizes matter. So unless this laser stops at one target until it's dead before it hits the next, it is neither sensical, nor does it fit the existing universe.

Yes, but that's the great thing about games. It doesn't have to be 100% logical, bending the laws a little is perfectly okay. As for not fitting in with the universe, I think that's silly. The universe isn't entirely completed and is still in developement, besides this is where the developers creativety comes in handy. For instance if a battery doesn't fit the remote, then modify either the battery or the remote slightly to make it fit.

Also, we really have enough swords.

Yes, but do we really have enough styles to fit more players. Though, it would indeed be a lofty goal, but creating more style with melee weapons would definitely improve the gameplay for a lot of people. I for one, don't entirely like the fact that the only strike I use with my melee is the charge attack to instantly kill everything with ease. I would indeed like to see some more faster-based melee weapons, maybe even a combo system which raises the chances of a critical strike. I really enjoy the melee style, but not so much when it's just hold "E" to kill something.

As for the plasma cannon: We are shooting bolts. Like, that is a feasible weapon. If we had plasma weaponry, why would we bother with this?

Well, we've managed to find blueprints to recreate our warframe completely, I think it may yet be feasible. Furthermore, this is where customization comes in, why would you bother? Well because perhaps you prefer the idea of one over the other. Not everyone likes the same thing :)

And the Zat gun, nah. First of all, it wouldn*t rank up with the current affinity system (affinity through kills) and if it cannot interact with bosses and/or shielded enemies, it is essentially a useless weapon for a major part of the game. Why stun if I can kill?

While affinity system for this weapon may need to be slightly modified, the goal for this idea is hopefully to inspire more "support" based classes. There is already a support-based warframe and I do hope to see more support for support classes added in the future. Whether it can or can not interact with bosses was an idea I left open so as not to over-power it's stunning ability. Why stun if you can kill? Well the idea is you would stun so you could kill easier ;)

You are way too hightech for the Warframe universe, good sir. Maybe turn it down a notch or five. :)

I believe you highly under-estimate the evolution of this game. I also don't believe my ideas to be so farfetched as to be more high-tech than the game itself is shooting to be. For instances, we have to solve a puzzle to hack doors. Some might not like the puzzles, but I for one love the interaction and the minor detail of it rather than holding down a button to wait for it to hack. As I said before, this game is growing and I see great potential for energy based weapons.