Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's World Is On Fire...

MetroidHunter26

After a long hiatus I decided to check how Embers been doing since she's been under the radar for a lot of changes. 

Wow...what is up with her World on Fire ability?....

Costs energy, drains energy, has a timer.

What the hell...

Why not just drain energy but faster than the other frames compared to nyx's absorb?

It's just ludicrous really. 

Ember is a mage type frame we can all agree on. Glass cannon and blah blah blah. Not going to go into theory crafting with her. I play frames to enjoy them but with Ember building her with a lot of Energy is a blast! But with World on Fire it just doesn't seem like a good move to use at all compared to the others.

Fireball is great now

Accelerant is a nice stun

Fire Blast has great utility for her to knockback enemies 

All of them are great. World on Fire just needs more work. I love the pillar of fire but if it's only going to be there when I have energy...after I used my energy....and only for like a few seconds then it's not really going to cut it.

And nobody give me that "Oh just don't use it" that's not the point. Point is to have a Warframe feel fun to play with all at their disposal. If I have to use the other 3 abilities more to have fun and not use her ultimate BLOW S#&$ UP it's kinda depressing. 

Really the only problem is. It costs a lot of energy, drains energy during the entire thing, and it has a timer. 

Either it costs energy and has a timer OR Drains energy. Not both.

Edited by MetroidHunter26

It has a faster cast time, it immediatly hits 5 enemies, it will prioritize "threats" (i.e. non-CC'd and close by enemies), it has a decent chance to inflict Burning which adds a lot more damage and CC's. If you don't need to keep it running anymore you can cancel out of it and if you do it before it ran 10sec you save on energy consumption.

The downside that got added was that if you mod duration and run WoF past the 10sec duration it will be more energy costly than before, and you don't regain energy from Energy Siphon while it's active. But you can stil pick up energy orbs, a special exception they made for WoF (and retroactively also Mirage's Prism)

In my opinion it is a much beter ability now.