Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add More Stealth Area Options.

What I mean by that is this game is in it's mid life crisis. It doesn't know weather to just be a 3rd person shooter or a 3rd person action most of the times. And a lot of the times I want to stealth on some low level stuff or current if I feel adventurous and see how it goes. Most of the time the levels are just too cramp to sneak or are too large to find opportunities to really take advantage of situations.

Now I will probably make a really lengthy post later on as more levels are introduced or when I get more ideas but for now here's what I think.

Maybe add some small ventalation shafts systems in some levels, I like how the grineer mining facilites do have this but it's all for not when you come across some areas there are crates arranged to look like a way to get to a certain pipe system but when you get up there it's too small and narrow to use so it's a let down for people who love to do stealth.

On the Grineer/Corpus ships there are open panels and some conveyer systems I see all around and thought. "that be pretty cool if I could use that to my advantage!" but I can't as there is no incentive to do so.

Another thing I thought would be cool is if we could grab onto things on the ceiling but the only real implications for it is in the grineer mining place as there are lights hanging down and thought it be neat to use those to swing from one area to another or something but that was more of a thought. still would be pretty neat.

Thoughts? Comments? etc?

stealth is really more of an after thought in this game. 

personally i feel it is strongly a third person shooter. which allows for strong shooting and action. they added stealth elements more due to demand rather than design. that is not to say it excludes stealth, it just seems that it was never part of the original design, and history shows you end up just braking things if you brute force it.

look at all the weapons, mods and warframes. everything about the tenno screams in your face action. and then they threw in a stealth attack and some defensive cloaking later. even invisibility works more as an escape or damage boost than any kind of cloak.

id rather see them focus on the game's core. get that perfect, then see what they can do about stealth. regardless it will always feel tacked on.

that being said they have endless options considering its a pve game. so anything is possible i suppose.

just my opinion.

PS: as to the area stuff. id like to see more vertical play areas. with all the wall walking and stuns we can do it makes it more fun and few games really take advantage of the fact that we can aim up and down. makes things far more interesting and would allow for some sneaky sneaky. (of which alot of the new tile sets have, so hopefully more to come).

Edited by MetalGerbil