Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Me Decide: Banshee Saryn Or Trinity

Evan_

Question

So... I got to overcome my aversion towards female frames and decided to get someone useful in defense missions.

And yet... got only one slot and one potatoe, with the BPs of all three. So... who shall it be? I know all of them are awesome in their own way, so I'm looking for people who can compare them.

My assesment so far:

-Saryn looks the coolest.

-Banshee seems to be the most damaging one.

-Trinity is rare as a white batman.

8 answers to this question

I only own Trinity. She looks so badass with regular helmet and right color scheme. I would called her underpowered but that's the way I like it. Although she really shines in late game endless defenses, she is a must have.

I'd pick trinity and saryn for defense missions. Trinity is a pseudo-tank dps but needs quite a bit of energy and Saryn is more hit and run dps with less energy.

Banshee is more team reliant for dps. She can be a cc bot and hold a choke point (like saryn) and deal damage with uber (also like saryn) but you're going to use ALOT of energy or a really good weapon to be useful. 

TL:DR No Power Mods= Trinity and Saryn. Power Mods or BAMF= Banshee.

Edited by Bubsters

Depends on what you're fighting.

Saryn's powers are not affected by armor, so she is a "go to" frame for all factions, but doesn't have the best range or damage. Although her second skill, moult gives her some versatility as it draws a bit of aggro.

Banshee's powers are affected by armor, which makes her effective against infested and corpus, but utterly lacking against grineer and ancients. Her ultimate covers the largest area (with a maxed reach mod)

Trinity is very good against bullet sponges as her powers as of now can be utilized to their full potential if the target does not die in only a few hits. (She is helpful in late game if your team prefers to facetank =.= )

Banshee.

I've used both Saryn and Banshee. Never tried Trinity.

I'm currently using a potatoed Banshee and she just wrecks rooms. Max Sound Quake, Reach and Focus and you can clear pretty much any room. 

She's awesome at defense mission, Max Sound Quake, Focus and Reach clears almost everything except ancients until wave 14. Beyond that you might have to use Sound Quake 2 times, but that's not a problem since at rank 30 you got 225 Energy unlike Saryn which has 150 at rank 30 and can only use Miasma 1 time before looking for more energy orbs.

If enemies somehow get to what you're defending you got Sonic Boom to push them away and buy some time to shoot them while they're down.

She also wrecks bosses with Sonar. Just shoot the glowing orange part with a good weapon.

As for silence, I haven't found a use for it in a team since everyone just run and gun everything. Even if you're alone if you don't get the whole room with silence its useless, and if they see you they'll start shooting anyway.

I've got all three and maxed out saryn and banshee, with trinity not far behind.

Banshee has a great room clear with soundquake - slap on reach and focus and it'll wreck small enemies within 18 miles of where you cast it, though as the game goes on ancients will only be a little staggered by it. Sonic boom is nice to have when you're being swarmed but don't want to pop soundquake - one blast and whatever was rushing at you is now face down on the other side of the room waiting for you to put a few shots in it. Her other abilities are situational - i've recently discovered that sonar is amazing from a friend playing banshee in my squad. If used right it pretty much doubles your DPS, but it's reliant on your squad understanding the concept of 'SHOOT THE GLOWING BIT'. Silence I can't comment on because I tried it once and sold the mod long ago.

Trinity is a boss killer, simple as that - you keep your team alive and powered up, you can instantly heal everyone and give them a few seconds of invuln on the side and you're also a tank if it comes to it - link and energy vampire means that enemies will kill themselves and fill your energy up at the same time. I've seen her done well on defence missions but again it comes down to the rest of the squad - if they can pick targets that you light up then everyone's in for a good time. If not, you might want to take the next mod and bail out.

Saryn is my favourite of the three. Venom is pretty good now that you can see the spores to shoot them, and if you can get spores bursting in a big group or on a boss there are going to be a lot of numbers flashing up. Moult is a nice gtfo ability if you're in a tight spot and will also tank for the cryopod for a while if needed. Contagion is great against infested with the scindo or something similar, chopping through swarms of enemies with extra damage is always a good thing. Last is miasma. While the initial energy cost is high, if modded right you'll be able to fire off several consecutive blasts with ease - it either kills or stuns anything in the area meaning that you'll clear away small targets easily and leave only the big stuff, which will be sat there stunned and waiting for a bullet to the head/foot/wherever

Edited by Cybernetix

Trinity is rare because OHMYGODSHEISBORING. She's currently gathering dust in my inventory, stuck at rank 21 with a potato. I'll have to finish ranking her up at some point. And her skirt is goddamn ugly. It's like a huge dead bug sitting on her butt. Just chillin'. Ruining your day.

So my suggestion is if you have to pick just one, go either for Banshee (oh god, those shoes! It's like mini boats!) or Saryn. I have them both but low rank, so can't say much about them at the moment. They are both fine. Saryn looks better than Banshee with her silly shoes, so I'd go for her first. 

Edited by Balerion84

So... I got to overcome my aversion towards female frames and decided to get someone useful in defense missions.

And yet... got only one slot and one potatoe, with the BPs of all three. So... who shall it be? I know all of them are awesome in their own way, so I'm looking for people who can compare them.

My assesment so far:

-Saryn looks the coolest.

-Banshee seems to be the most damaging one.

-Trinity is rare as a white batman.

Saryn looks crappy, Banshee too.  Take Trinity

Well, got my hands on a legendary and brutal artifact: unexpected money.

Started to build both three, and decided to pay for the first time in a F2P game. To be frank I can't remeber paying for a game since Dungeon Keeper. The first one I mean. But dont tell it anyone.

Well played DE. And thanks for the comments that strengthened my feeling of not being able to chose. :-]

EDIT: 'both three'? Did I write that? I wont correct it since it looks funny.

Edited by Evan_