The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Balancing The Marelok

Vanadium

Have to repost because someone nuked my entire previous post

==============================

In a way, Marelok is already balanced. I like to think the devs are smart and do everything for a reason. I'd like to think the Marelok was designed as a weapon strong enough that it could be fitted with Quality of Life mods instead of straight up damage mods. With Marelok, you could leave two slots blank and still OHKO everything, for example. Unfortunately Warframe's player base just wants to stack damage for everything anyway, so the devs have to implement more concrete balancing features like the OP sugggested. I hope the devs don't continue to underestimate the number fetish their players have.

Edited by DarkTails

What's the point of these nerfs? Those who enjoy using the Marelok will simply keep using it. Why would they care about a slower fire rate and more recoil? All they'd have to do is minutely compensate, and at most be irked that they aren't killing as quickly as they normally would. They're not going to be sacrificing a damage mod for Quickdraw, unless the spin animation is unbearably slow.

I started using the Marelok because of the spin animation. Even with Lethal Torrent I let the spin animation go through, partly because its cool and it essentially has the same duration as the recoil. Forcing me to have to spin the weapon would only be an annoyance in late T4s.

Edited by Rylth

I started using the Marelok because of the spin animation. Even with Lethal Torrent I let the spin animation go through, partly because its cool and it essentially has the same duration as the recoil. Forcing me to have to spin the weapon would only be an annoyance in late T4s.

So... :|

But you realize in order for the gun to work, it has to go through the spin, right?

It's cool that you taught yourself the trigger discipline for the sake of aesthetics, but it sounds like the change I'm suggesting wouldn't affect you in the least.

Have to repost because someone nuked my entire previous post

==============================

In a way, Marelok is already balanced. I like to think the devs are smart and do everything for a reason. I'd like to think the Marelok was designed as a weapon strong enough that it could be fitted with Quality of Life mods instead of straight up damage mods. With Marelok, you could leave two slots blank and still OHKO everything, for example. Unfortunately Warframe's player base just wants to stack damage for everything anyway, so the devs have to implement more concrete balancing features like the OP sugggested. I hope the devs don't continue to underestimate the number fetish their players have.

I kind of hope they go through with the Serration/multi-shot removal, since there's only so many numbers you can pile on a gun and freeing up those 3 slots on Secondaries will give a lot of room for utility mods. But I'm sure DEEPS-fanatics will always find a way...