Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gold Spammer Has Emerged!

Mickey33

So, for the first time in 2 years of Warframe I see gold spammer in chat channel:

fBpieae.jpg

So how are we going to deal with this? That account is rank 0 which cannot trade! But rank 2 is doable with affinity booster. Should DE restrict rank in chat? or what now?

I think repporting with a support ticket should solve this case quite easily.

Since this doesn't seem to be a wide spread issue, I'd imagine that DE will handle this on a case-by-casy basis, untill a more permanent solution can be made, if needed.

Also, watch out for naming and shaming, even if it's only an account made with the sole purpose of selling plat.

It has begun.

Hardly. I came here from Firefall where they were a real problem. I took some time out from Warframe to play ESO, where they were a plague.

Warframe is like an oasis in the desert compared to other games.

Report them, put them on ignore, and be done with them. It's a scam anyway. They don't have plat to sell.

Edited by Kihana

I think repporting with a support ticket should solve this case quite easily.

Since this doesn't seem to be a wide spread issue, I'd imagine that DE will handle this on a case-by-casy basis, untill a more permanent solution can be made, if needed.

Also, watch out for naming and shaming, even if it's only an account made with the sole purpose of selling plat.

Ban one and it will generate another one. Plat exploit need to be found and patched.

It's just a bot. It'll get dealt with in due time. Until then just ignore it. 

I mean hell. It's 2015. Anyone who is so dense they actually go to one of those scam sites absolutely deserves to have their information and money stolen.

Blatantfool telling it like it is =)

It's just a bot. It'll get dealt with in due time. Until then just ignore it. 

I mean hell. It's 2015. Anyone who is so dense they actually go to one of those scam sites absolutely deserves to have their information and money stolen.

Wait, how is thing a Bot?, its on the other MMO game too, gold sellers, Its on STO and such. Not really an issue, but Im shocked its got to warframe too.

Plat is not only earned through Warframe official website but also in-game. Therefore it is possible that they have a grind army to feed the machine.

A quick WHois Lookup come with this infomation, 

Domain Name: ***SE.COM (Censored)
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Registrant Name: ***ang Li (Censored)
Registrant Organization: 
Name Server: NS35.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS36.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
Source: 
http://whois.domaintools.com/

Apparently this comes from a Chinese guy.  Along with other sites hosted on the same IP through WHois, they are all scam gold selling sites. This is an organized selling scam through multiple sites, not an amateur attempt. Therefore I fear it is not easy to block case-by-case.

Edited by Mickey33

Apparently this comes from a Chinese guy.  Along with other sites hosted on the same IP through WHois, they are all scam gold selling sites. This is an organized selling scam through multiple sites, not an amateur attempt. Therefore I fear it is not easy to block case-by-case.

Why am I not surprised? As much as I hate being negative in this case... this is likely to never stop.

Edited by RazorTip

true. time to kill region chat entirely.

Or to put ACTUAL moderators in the chat rooms, instead of the easily exploitable KickBot. Meanwhile, the Asian region chatroom continues to rot because we don't have anyone to watch over the chatroom. 

If you play in the Asia region, you know what I'm talking about.

Or to put ACTUAL moderators in the chat rooms, instead of the easily exploitable KickBot. Meanwhile, the Asian region chatroom continues to rot because we don't have anyone to watch over the chatroom. 

If you play in the Asia region, you know what I'm talking about.

English Asian trade and recruit seems fine. I never use region because every game global chat is one big cesspool.

English Asian trade and recruit seems fine. I never use region because every game global chat is one big cesspool.

Then maybe you should, at least so you can see the insanity that happens there. It's already chaotic enough without having some morons from Trading or Recruiting asking/begging for stuff in Region.

Been playing warframe 2.2 years, never have I said one word in global chat. I sadly follow the exact same thought process after playing countless mmo's.