Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lares, Mercury. It's Op

breezy8o8

For beginners this must be so demoralizing, I remember using all 4 of my revives trying to complete this level early game, I still failed. I just thought oh this is a new game I am not used to the controls so I must suck, even though I have probably thousands of hours of Counter-Strike experience, and many other hundreds/thousands of hours of FPS experience. I accepted that I don't know the dodging and the ninja-like movements so I figure because of my lack of experience with dodging and the mechanics I can't complete this(Solo). However even in a party at early levels this is insane! Those mini-boss like creatures that have INFINITE RUNNINGZZZZ just ruin the experience, they can knock you down while a group of mini-infested comes and mobs you.

I am almost level 4 and figure I'd give it a shot, I have high % damage for shotguns, multishots I have solid Mods and weapons. Figure I give this nightmare a try I joined a group of lowbies and I was solo'ing for a bit cuz they couldn't keep up, and I couldn't do it LOL I didn't die but I got to like 20/375 life and my 750 shields barely helped and I just said screw this. On my profile my accuracy is(Arguably) high around 70% overall and I have just under 15k kills I am not saying this to brag, but rather because people may think I am lying about my FPS experience or think I am some dude who can't shoot...

TL;DR remove the mini-boss like creatures from early stages of the game, they can almost perma-CC you and some go through your shields and hit straight for your life. They have some kind of infinite running thing so it's EXTREMELY hard to kite them. I get it Infestation was designed to be the hardest faction(imo)  but don't discourage people from playing your game or demoralize them when they've just started they're still in that fragile stage like everybody is when they pick up a new game.

P.S. when you play the missions before Lares you begin to get a feeling for the game, then lares is thrown at you It's not a good feeling, the difficulty isn't gradual like the missions before it's like going from elementary to high school

Edit: Why are so many people downvoting this? I don't understand... Whats a logical intellectual reason for why I am getting so many downvotes?----- read the whole message I am not saying Mercury is difficult. The grineer missions are rather simple maybe a little challenging at times in a good way!, but Lores doesn't fit into this beginner stage, It's far too difficult and nearly IMPOSSIBLE in solo at beginning stages, even for me right now I may have some really hard problems unless I pull out a potatoed Latron with like max mod levels and 200+ dmg hits then no problem I handle it... Please read a whole message before making a comment "Someone complaining about diffculty on Mercury" Really!?!? I am complaining about a level on mercury that doesn't fit the difficulty nor is it a gradual increase in difficult. It's like going from elementary to high school and completely skipping middle school. If your brains are advanced enough to comprehend that

Edited by breezy8o8

Mercury is difficult. That's new, no offence.

Seriously, you can easily kill ancients (your mini-bosses) by aiming in their heads, and rend hordes of infested useless by jumping on some tall container/pipe/balcony. If you have 750 shields you should not even be having it run out.

Also, ancients don't run infinitely, they do stop.

it's true that for a new player, even a veteran, using a new account, a lvl 1 Excalibur with Lato, MK1, and a Skana, infested mission is much, more harder than the Grineer's mission at Mercury.

the problem is that most do not know how to deal with the Ancients, or the hordes of swarming Walkers or Chargers,
Ancients aren't meant to be kited, or at least it's not wise for me, the only thing to do with them is to stunt lock a single using your Skana, or, if you see there are more than one, run.

the same goes to the swarming Walkers and Chargers, they are too much to be taken down using your melee, thus you will run, ofc, but where, find a higher place, or kite them circling, and pay attention to your surrounding (don't get bumped while kite-circling)

this, is a good place to tell the players how to deal with the Infested, as Corpus are still almost the same with the Grineer's while the Infested works different. sadly, only from first hand experience. 

problem that might come to be discouraging or, giving some traumas are, people who plays solo (stop telling them to play co-op, there's too much reason one will not than you who doesn't understand can or able to understand) and get ganked by a group of enemies that spawn from more than 1 room.
a pack of the spawned enemies shouldn't be a problem with running tactic that most player will by default use, but then, the enemies now are spawning from a room after and before, again and again, making a scaling down to solo player still being too much for a newly starting players.

the solution is not about removing the Ancients, instead, making their number in check, this will be a way to tell the player how, and yet doing good for scaling difficulties.

another problem which really is a problem is a bug with the Ancient Healer having in-definitively unlimited range of healing, this way, it's almost impossible to kill an Ancient, whether you melee-stun-lock it, or shoot them in the legs or arms, the healing rate is ridiculously high.

another note, Lares is an Infested mission at the Mercury.

the mini-boss he said sounds to me like the Ancients.
as it's an Infested mission, please note that shields means nothing in infested swarm.
take another note that newly starting players might not even have decent shields and health points.

Edited by Adagio

ummm ... someone complaining about difculty on Mercury ... really ?

Ummm.. read the post again I am stating that the experience of playing grineer then all of a sudden playing infestation is a demoralizing experience because of the difficulty gap. You don't seem to have any clue as to what I am talking about. level 0 and doing mercury is no problem as a majority of the planet... easy... but being a beginner player and then playing grineer then playing infestation is like WTF. It doesn't matter what level you're. It can get challenging at times for even high leveled players without team support. If we're talking about low level players here.... yeaaaah very demoralizing analyze the whole message instead of reading a couple sentences and making your comment. Stupid people don't analyze a whole message thats what you're doing

FYI ------ I do shoot the ancients in the legs...

Edited by breezy8o8

Well, that escalated quickly. I actually first met the Ancients out of the blue, since I play single player only. I actually did die. Once. The disruptor ancient is pretty tough when you're surrounded, but after some experience and tactical savvy, you shouldn't get cornered by mobs at that level. I was a rank 0 at the time, too, and just got a Strun fresh off the market. Didn't have too much of an issue with infested in general until the later levels, when it seems to be quite normal for 3 or 4 ancients to appear at the same time.

yes i read all the message :D

i am pro fps shooter guy ... infested bam bam creatures (cuz i don't bother to know names) just run too fast ... 

this game is too hardddzzzzz

you just like to use demoralizing apparently ...

yes swtiching from the shoot shoot take cover method employed vs grineer to shoot run shoot run vs infested is new but nothing "demoralizing" or traumatic as you are trying to make it look like :D

yes i read all the message :D

i am pro fps shooter guy ... infested bam bam creatures (cuz i don't bother to know names) just run too fast ... 

this game is too hardddzzzzz

you just like to use demoralizing apparently ...

yes swtiching from the shoot shoot take cover method employed vs grineer to shoot run shoot run vs infested is new but nothing "demoralizing" or traumatic as you are trying to make it look like :D

it's simply a suggestion, based on my first hand experience and watching others struggle through this. Just because you don't see what I see does not mean it's not a problem. You don't have a problem with it so it must not be a problem right? The way you think is so wonderful, keep thinking that way man. Like I said I didn't state my fps experience to brag I was afraid people like you may think that and I am not trying to brag like I said... Nor am I saying I am a pro. I said that cuz children like you will attack me and call me noob or trash and other names if I am complaining I know the internet and it's filled with children like yourself.

Stating my FPS experience was to avoid attacks of being called a noob or something along those lines, and even when I say I am not bragging(the message is different from bragging and I am not saying I am a pro) And even whenI state that I am not bragging you still attack me. Like dude what the hell is your problem. The message I am saying is simple and some how you manage to interpret in a specially educated way. I am explaining my thought thoroughly and you still manage to misinterpret the message I don't understand it. I could retard-proof everything for you but you'll still manage to mess up the message so weird man

When you play against infested at that early and can't find a solution to handle them and you've been killing trash grineer it's a shocker is it not? Going from grineer to infested? I use the word demoralizing because I am sure people die constantly to infested or are forced to quit the mission because of the difficulty. Lets go back to Grineer if they've been smashing grineer no problem little to no challenge then all of a sudden dying constantly or having to quit the mission because of drastic increase in difficulty from Grineer to Infested isn't that demoralizing!?!? Do you know what demoralizing means?

Edited by breezy8o8

Dude, it's totally fine if you think some enemies are harder than others. But I do think the enemy type is pretty good and adds variety. Quite a few other players think the game is too easy as it is, and I personally feel that aside from going to ridiculously high level missions and playing alone, the Infested provide a decent challenge against your skills. 

Relax, my friend. I can definitely understand where you're coming from, though: The Grineer and the Infested are definitely worlds apart. But I think that's the beauty of it. Even if it IS harder than the Grineer, it is only harder due to the player's combat style: Melee fans like myself wouldn't have a problem with Chargers, though the Ancients are tough as ever. I personally think the Ancients aren't a problem. In fact, without the Ancients, every Infested mission would be pretty boring. Since you're an Initiate, you should definitely understand what I mean, yes?

When it comes to sink or swim, don't worry so much about the newbies: We've all been there, and through trials by fire, we've all made it out and conquered harder challenges than a couple of Ancients. Surely, Mercury itself shouldn't be a concern? 

Just because you have problems doesn't mean everybody/most are struggling with this.

I don't see what you see because you didn't describe what you meant clearly.

mini-bosses, mini infested that come and "mobs you".

so from complaining that a specific mission (read title:"Lares,Mercury it's OP mengz") you end up  complaining about the transition from fighting grineer to infested confuses me even more then i feel it confuses you.

Why are you so defensive ? Nobody is here to get you ... here here ... let me hug you...

WTF!!?? i love the forums :D 

LoL, by the way, I know demoralizing. It's when you're on an infested Rescue mission, saved the hostage, then Lotus asks you to do another mission while still having to baby sit. Then when that's done, there's a self-destruct timer and a horde of infested. I failed. Then it's missions in Europa, being swarmed by Corpus Fusion MOAs, MOAs, Shockwave MOAs, Crewmen and Drones, and dying alone. And it's being spanked in the face by a Riot shield, falling on your &#!, and watching helplessly as the Grineer hordes take turns on your face.

That being said, it's an illustration that the enemies aren't really the problem: They're all gonna be badasses at some point of time and give players grief. What we, as players, are supposed to do is overcome it. It's a challenge, after all.

Ummm.. read the post again I am stating that the experience of playing grineer then all of a sudden playing infestation is a demoralizing experience because of the difficulty gap. You don't seem to have any clue as to what I am talking about. level 0 and doing mercury is no problem as a majority of the planet... easy... but being a beginner player and then playing grineer then playing infestation is like WTF. It doesn't matter what level you're. It can get challenging at times for even high leveled players without team support. If we're talking about low level players here.... yeaaaah very demoralizing analyze the whole message instead of reading a couple sentences and making your comment. Stupid people don't analyze a whole message thats what you're doing

FYI ------ I do shoot the ancients in the legs...

Well no duh the introduction of a faction you've never fought would be harder. New players don't know the strategies to combat them and that's up to them to figure out.

At least Lares isn't on the main path. I remember when the Raid missions were bugged (you couldn't pick up the artifact) which meant everyone new couldn't get past M Prime.

That being said, Infested have their minor issues and the lack of tutorials is another issue.

Im new to the game, started playing a few days ago. I admit the Infested are the hardest in the beginning, but cmon just run... I mean If they are swarming you, which they do, just run and gun, get to a higher ground or outmaneuver them and beat them one by one, leave the strongest to be killed the last.

It never really demoralized me, more just encouraged me to become more agile and work our my surroundings.

Also if you go in and melee the Infested, then you should die. Simple.

For new players going into that map I can see how you could have issues. I had them myself my first attempt. Mostly because i was trying to headshot ancients and running out of ammo. After reading up on them and finding out the head isn't always a weakspot in this game it made it easy. It's a learning curve when you first start out. Don't let people get to you because at one point or time nearly every player in this game has ran into some thing they weren't expecting. For a ton of useful info on npc's, weapons, warframes, mods and everything else players have made a great tool out of warframe wiki. New players can find a lot of things there to help them become better players.

I soloed 95% of the game except for high level corpus defense missions. It's really not as hard as you make it out to be.

I get the feeling you're using this opportunity to boast about yourself... and thats all you're doing. Congratulations for soloing I don't think I could survive that. However I think I am a pretty average player and I am sure its safe to say people have found this level demoralizing. It's w/e though I am over this conversation. Congrats for doing the missions solo!

Edited by breezy8o8

I get the feeling you're using this opportunity to boast about yourself... and thats all you're doing. Congratulations for soloing I don't think I could survive that. However I think I am a pretty average player and I am sure its safe to say people have found this level demoralizing. It's w/e though I am over this conversation. Congrats for doing the missions solo!

The keys for this are your weapons, more than your frame.  Without making any judgements here, I will simply share my experiences when I was new to the game:

- If you can, run with a few other people you like talking with or gaming with anyway.  This game is made much more accessible with friends to run with.

- If you cannot run with others, then you'll have to focus more on playstyle.  Because Warframe is not a cover shooter, though you can crouch behind stuff to duck fire, you'll find that most often, you'll be better served by staying in motion, and using the parkour tricks to reposition yourself quickly in a given area.

- Make sure to explore each area for secrets (for more affinity bonuses, materials, and credits).  If you haven't already watched the 10 Secret Areas of Warframe video on youtube, I would suggest doing so.  Other areas have been added since the video has been made, but the video will give you a good idea of what to look for in terms of secret areas.

- AIM FOR THE FACE.  ALWAYS.  (unless it's an Ancient.)

- Turning off Bloom and Color Correction can help the game run a bit more smoothly, as well as make things easier to see.  Turning both features on is great for making videos about the game, but the glare and certain color combinations can make certain things more difficult to spot than they would be if those two features are turned off.

- Take your time exploring other missions of a given map (Mercury, in this case).  Finishing other missions also gives you a chance for more money and mods, which can only make your weapons and Warframe stronger.

I hope these tips help you.

Edited by rhoenix

I recall running Lares for the first time. It's really not as terrible as you make it out to be, and this is coming from a Loki, at the time. I saw the name 'Ancient', and figured that this enemy would take a bit more firepower than the rest.

A minute or two of kiting, punctuated by laughing and swearing, and that fact was confirmed. It's a fun memory, and it helped establish why Infested are one of my favourite enemies to fight.

Infested simply require a different approach. I don't think all new players need to be coddled, and I think most are perfectly capable of forming their own conclusions. I will say that, at the time I did that mission, the new tiles for the Grineer asteroid base (which the mission was on) hadn't been released. They can be rather annoying and counter-intuitive to navigate, yes, but even so.

And besides, if I'm not mistaken, Lares isn't necessary to progress from Mercury onwards anyway, making it optional.