Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

R5 Cores Are Still Nerfed After Hotfix 15.14...

pungent.snatch

Which is to say, the following are using Medium Tier Rewards instead of Hard:

Sedna: Yemaja.

Uranus: Ophelia, Cupid, Stephano.

Europa: Ose, Zagan

Phobos: Flimnap, Opik

& More issues with ambiguous ranges (17-23, etc).

These will be fixed today.

If you change their reward levels will that change the type of T4 keys that the interceptions give out as well?

The high-level interceptions (Draco and Cerberus) give out endless (Survival/Defence/Interception) keys and Stephano and Opik currently give out keys from the non-endless (Exterminate/Capture/Mobile Defence/Sabotage) pool. Which I actually like but it's not that big a deal to farm at Mars instead I guess.

Our initial problems still persist, even with the upcoming changes that will add Rare Fusion Core packs to the proper planetary nodes- that the grind for cores was needlessly increased. To me, I still feel stuck playing the same old Survival game mode (perhaps the most boring mode and a literal waiting game) in order to get any sense of progression.

I know one of the recent dev streams have talked about rewards scaling with time to give us a better pay off for time invested, but couldn't you rebalance drop tables after you had something thought out and properly implemented? You're just adding on stairs to this endless staircase that could really use some branching paths and exciting scenery on the way to burn-out's ville.

Couldn't you have just added the Rare Fusion Core packs to planetary interception and survival nodes without touching Tower IV Survival's chance at the same exact thing? I understand you don't want players to feel forced into playing only one mission to satisfy their goals, but nerfing something (that honestly wasn't even that great in the first place) to make the alternatives seem not as bad is the wrong way to go.

The real issue is players wanting to feel rewarded for their efforts and the recent changes to the drop tables doing nothing but undermining the time invested for a sense progression.

Edited by Moasiac

I don't get how people are so happy about this. The fix will just increase the amount of nodes where we can get r5 cores - while this is of course a positive change, we still have only 25% dropchance for r5 cores compared to 77% dropchance in t4s. What this means is that the time needed to farm cores, if the player wants to do just that, was essentially tripled. This and this alone is the issue, and not the amount of locations that reward them. We want one single location to farm cores efficiently. 25% Droprate is NOT sufficient for this. Please carefully consider this for "phase 2".

Our initial problems still persist, even with the upcoming changes that will add Rare Fusion Core packs to the proper planetary nodes- that the grind for cores was needlessly increased. To me, I still feel stuck playing the same old Survival game mode (perhaps the most boring mode and a literal waiting game) in order to get any sense of progression.

Yeah, unfortunatly the PSA didn't mention T4 Survival at all.

I don't get how people are so happy about this. The fix will just increase the amount of nodes where we can get r5 cores - while this is of course a positive change, we still have only 25% dropchance for r5 cores compared to 77% dropchance in t4s. What this means is that the time needed to farm cores, if the player wants to do just that, was essentially tripled. This and this alone is the issue, and not the amount of locations that reward them. We want one single location to farm cores efficiently. 25% Droprate is NOT sufficient for this. Please carefully consider this for "phase 2".

this and nothing else.

but Kakarot :D i love this S#&$

Edited by InoxMaximus

it's actually way more than just triple if you start doing the math for 528 cores. I'm not sure just how much more than triple, but still.

What we need isn't ten thousand different nodes with 25% chance for cores, we need one node with a much higher chance for them. It can be hard and horrifying, but if it's efficient, people will love it.

-snip-

Could you guys plz stop worse changing things? Nobody had a problem with using T4S keys to get rare 5 cores before. But we got a big problem with now having to farm more than 3 times longer to get the same amount of rare 5 cores we could get in T4S earlier. With the T4S we could farm for R5 cores + fomra bps + ducats at ONCE. Now we have to run 2 seperate missions for that and you make it worse by lowering the chances for getting R5 cores and putting crap rewards (orokin cells) into T4S! Stop it allready, you are ruining this game for us! I don't want to spent 4-5 hours a day to get the rare 5 cores and ducats I need to rank up my mods or get them in the first place. If you really have to split it up then you should actually give us a higher chance of getting rare5 cores and stop dilluting the void tables! And using the fact that we don't have to use a void key now as an excuse to make the chances low is really cheap. Listen, I want a mission where I can get rare 5 core packs with a pretty high chance or allmost garantued and i don't care if those enemies are level 60 or 100 or if I have to use a void key but stop forcing me to run low level crap for hours to proceed anywhere in the game.

Incoming wall of text + PSA Phase 1.

The news of adding Rare 5 Code Bundles in missions throughout the star chart was first met with optimism, but over this past week the volume of reports that ‘this is bad or broken’ have had us investigating why this could be so very bad.

In a quick test case on Nuovo, we are came pretty good in 5 minutes:

HI1XSUy.jpg

Granted, it’s not identical to the prior method, but there is no Key burned, new scenery and new enemies involved.

Then we investigated the advertised claim that missions with enemies starting at Level 20 or more will reward Rare Cores, and the issue became clear: Some Level 20+ Enemy missions are using Medium Tier Rewards. The theoretical tables players have been producing as well as their experiences is a result of misassigned reward tables.

This is absolutely not working as intended and we will fix it today (which by consequence is extending the time needed to deploy the small Update we have planned).

Digging resulted in revealing that this is how Hard mission Rewards are set up:

Rotation A, Survival, Hard Mission Reward Rotations.

Fusion Core (RareModFuser) x5 =  25%

Rotation B, Interception, Hard Mission Reward Rotations

Fusion Core (RareModFuser) x5  =  50%

Some missions with Enemies starting at Level 20 or more are not hooked up to distribute R5 Cores. Which is to say, the following are using Medium Tier Rewards instead of Hard:

Furthermore, Dark Sector nodes were omitted from this simply because they already have added bonuses (XP, etc). However, we have added Rare 5 x 5 Cores to these missions and this will also be deployed today.

This roughly concludes PSA Phase 1. The issue has been identified, fixes are in progress, and deployment will follow. PSA Phase 2 pending this all being fixed + reparations for everyone's time and frustrations.

Its simply we want long runs with huge rewards . R5 cores was your decision in T4 S like R10 mods what selling Baro Ki’Teer.

Edited by SaintGear

Stop it allready, you are ruining this game for us!

That statement is extremely subjective. I think the upcoming hotfix will be better. Why? because it adds more places we can get r5 x5 packs without burning a key. I personally would rather hold onto my keys incase some prime i really wanted pops up, not waste it core farming. Besides, wouldn't it be inefficient to sit there farming cores AND forma on 1 key? They shared the same rotation didn't they? Wouldn't you be there much longer with tougher enemies than a simple 5 ~ 10 minute runs on the star chart if you're after cores?

Incoming wall of text + PSA Phase 1.

The news of adding Rare 5 Code Bundles in missions throughout the star chart was first met with optimism, but over this past week the volume of reports that ‘this is bad or broken’ have had us investigating why this could be so very bad.

In a quick test case on Nuovo, we are came pretty good in 5 minutes:

HI1XSUy.jpg

Granted, it’s not identical to the prior method, but there is no Key burned, new scenery and new enemies involved.

Then we investigated the advertised claim that missions with enemies starting at Level 20 or more will reward Rare Cores, and the issue became clear: Some Level 20+ Enemy missions are using Medium Tier Rewards. The theoretical tables players have been producing as well as their experiences is a result of misassigned reward tables.

This is absolutely not working as intended and we will fix it today (which by consequence is extending the time needed to deploy the small Update we have planned).

Digging resulted in revealing that this is how Hard mission Rewards are set up:

Rotation A, Survival, Hard Mission Reward Rotations.

Fusion Core (RareModFuser) x5 =  25%

Rotation B, Interception, Hard Mission Reward Rotations

Fusion Core (RareModFuser) x5  =  50%

Some missions with Enemies starting at Level 20 or more are not hooked up to distribute R5 Cores. Which is to say, the following are using Medium Tier Rewards instead of Hard:

Furthermore, Dark Sector nodes were omitted from this simply because they already have added bonuses (XP, etc). However, we have added Rare 5 x 5 Cores to these missions and this will also be deployed today.

This roughly concludes PSA Phase 1. The issue has been identified, fixes are in progress, and deployment will follow. PSA Phase 2 pending this all being fixed + reparations for everyone's time and frustrations.

Can I just clarify that the issue isn't that these cores aren't dropping? The issue is that cores are dropping at a heavily reduced rate, therefore, tripling the grind.

Please don't tell me they've ran literally only one 5min S to see if the rates are ok? What even is this...

asdfgh

adsfghedfhn

can't... take... the... ridiculousness...

5min test is hardly anything i thought you guys datamined and such 

I think their test was merely to show that the cores were available in the fixed nodes, not that the drop rate was fine. I think it's a problem that they can't see the problems they're introducing because DE staff simply don't play the game (enough) to notice or care about many changes they make and are instead relying solely on the player base to tell them, "No, that's a terrible idea" only after they mix things up.

Edited by Moasiac

any good testings both in the world of science and developmental code are multiple instances under varying circumstances.  since rotations A and B are involved with the cores, there should be no less than than 10 runs through both rotations A and 10 runs through to B to get some idea.  and they should be spread out over a couple days with various sized groups from solo to full.

THIS ^ 1000 times THIS^

This is the problem DE, really take this into consideration

meh, it seems DE won't see the true issue underlying this whole R5C problem. To them it's like "R5C are now out of the void so you don't need a key to farm them, isn't that great?" while to us it's like "it takes at least double or triple the time it used to take to grind enough R5C to max out R10/primed mods." The devs and the player base are looking at this one issue with 2 different perspectives, and since the players actually, you know, play the game more, the devs will never see/experience the grind like we do.

If the devs actually took the time to grind the cores for maxing out new primed mods during their release every 2 weeks i'm betting they'd actually even increase the drop rate to T4S' level or make them drop 100% of the time in T4S altogether. That's how time-consuming and grindy it is to max out high-end mods. It would've been fine if players just have to max out R10 cores, but with primed cores releasing every 2 weeks we have grindwalls piling over each other.

This thing doesn't only affect long-time players either. New players join warframe every day, players who will inevitably have to farm literally thousands of cores to max out the multitude of R10 mods they'll need to be viable in endgame content. (even more now that raids are coming) With DE's changes to R5C farming they basically put up a gigantic grind wall that new players will have to spend hundreds of hours to surmount before they even reach endgame viability. How are the devs supposed to 'reduce the grind' if they don't 'know the grind?'

Edited by Xarugas

I think their test was merely to show that the cores were available in the fixed nodes, not that the drop rate was fine. I think it's a problem that they can't see the problems they're introducing because DE staff simply don't play the game (enough) to notice or care about many changes they make and are instead relying solely on the player base to tell them, "No, that's a terrible idea" only after they mix things up.

Except they don't really listen to feedback.

They just do half assed 'changes' for weeks until everyone is too tired of complaining to care.